Advertisement

Aer Lingus

Advertisement

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Another airline that can't leave well enough alone...

American and Iberia have ditched iconic logos - which could be recognised without any need for the airline name to be written alongside - in favour of abstract swooshes of colour which say nothing about the company name.

I see nothing wrong with the shamrock. If they want to update the livery, they should be taking a leaf out of KLM and LH's book - there's no reason why a historic logo can't be integrated in a contemporary design.

I'm also confused by the statement that "the Aer Lingus brand will remain" - surely they weren't thinking of a name change?!

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #46
I'm also confused by the statement that "the Aer Lingus brand will remain" - surely they weren't thinking of a name change?!
I wouldn't be surprised if they had thought of one but maybe political sensibilities prevented that with them being a strong Irish brand?

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
I have now read a source on another forum which says the shamrock will be staying. Seems pretty authoritative as it was from live twitter updates on an EI news conference. (y)

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #48
My first flight with Aer Lingus will be in a few weeks time from Dublin to San Francisco. Does anyone know if they are buy onboard for food and drink in economy for long haul flights?

Severn

Premium Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol
No, you’ll get a main meal service and a snack meal before arrival. There is also snacks available during the flight from the galley areas.

Advertisement

Top Bottom