I wouldn't have thought so.

So far as I can determine the staff are all Aer Arann employees flying on Aer Arann aircraft painted in Aer Lingus colours contracted to operate as Regional.

This was made pretty clear to us a few weeks ago when we returned from Dublin and our print-outs specified the return to the UK would be from the new terminal 2 (though we had arrived at terminal 1 on the inbound to DUB).

I asked a uniformed Aer Lingus ground 'hostess' in terminal 2 why we appeared to have been given the wrong information as all departure screens in that terminal were showing our flight (and all other Aer Lingus Regionals it seemed) as operating from terminal 1.

She was quite sniffy and said, "Oh, that's Aer Arann. You'll have to ask them but it's been happening for a quite a while."

Aer Lingus Tuesday strike likely after talks break down

Talks at Ireland's Labour Relations Commission aimed at averting strike action by Aer Lingus pilots this week broke down yesterday. There are no immediate plans to reconvene the talks, making a strike on Tuesday very likely.

Aer Lingus has said the strike action could affect up to 30,000 customers and it is considering what contingency plans can be put in place. Passengers who wish to cancel bookings for travel Tuesday or Wednesday, or who wish to change to an earlier or later date, can do so through the Aer Lingus website.

Aer Lingus routes which will not be affected by industrial action are the service between Madrid and Washington. UK regional flights will not be affected, although London flights are. Services through Belfast will also not be affected.

Source

Ryanair has said that it has experienced a 25% surge in bookings for Irish flights for Tuesday.

It looks like Etihad are to bid for Aer Lingus. I wonder what MOL of ryanair will do now?

Source: http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1017/aerlingus-business.html

Etihad after Government's stake in Aer Lingus

A Financial Times report says Etihad has approached the Government regarding its 25% stake in Aer Lingus.

00036646-314.jpg

FT says Etihad may bid for Government 25% stake in Aer Lingus

A report in today's Financial Times says that Middle Eastern airline Etihad has approached the Government regarding its 25% stake in Aer Lingus.

This comes after the Government said in September it would sell its stake in the airline. Transport Minister Leo Varadkar said that he would not sell it for less than €1 per share, which would value the stake at €132.4m and Aer Lingus at €529.6m, the newspaper said.

Aer Lingus shares were higher in Dublin trading after the report.
A spokesman for Mr Varadkar said today that since he indicated the Government was willing to sell its 25% stake in Aer Lingus there has been "considerable interest from other airlines and investors."

The FT said it is not yet clear how far talks have progressed and they might not result in any deal. Analysts believe that the most likely buyer of the airline is International Airlines Group, the parent company of British Airways. Its chief executive Willie Walsh was a former boss of Aer Lingus.

Last week James Hogan, Etihad's chief executive, met Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the Gobal Irish Economic Forum in Dublin. Mr Hogan announced 100 new jobs for cabin crew based in Ireland.

The Financial Time says that Etihad has been in talks with Virgin Atlantic on a possible partnership should the UK carrier bid for BMI, the loss-making subsidiary of Lufthansa. IAG, the holding company of British Airways and Spain's Iberia, has tabled a preliminary offer for BMI, which holds valuable take-off and landing slots at Heathrow airport.

I think this could be something to do with Etihad wanting to expand operations in the west. It would certainly provide them with easier access into the US from where they are in the Middle East.

On the other hand it could be there way of saying 'we will not be ignored' aimed at Emirates as they seem to have a very large presence in the UK; LGW, LHR, BHX, MAN, NCL, GLA!

JetBlue In Talks To Buy Aer Lingus Stake

US airline JetBlue has spoken to the management of Aer Lingus about the possible purchase of a stake in the Irish airline, the Irish Times newspaper reported on Monday, citing informed sources.

The Irish government has said it is considering selling its 25 percent stake in the airline as part of a privatisation drive required under its European Union/International Monetary Fund bailout.

The stake is valued at about EUR€115 million (USD$150 million) based on the Irish carrier's current market capitalisation of EUR€461 million.

The newspaper said JetBlue is the Aer Lingus management's preferred trade investor due to the similarities of the carriers' low-cost business models and the fact they do not compete on any routes.

The two airlines have operated a sales agreement since 2008.

Source

Aer Arann extends Aer Lingus franchise deal

Aer Arann is extending its franchise relationship with Aer Lingus, which will see all of Aer Arann's services between Ireland and the UK, France and the Isle of Man operate under the Aer Lingus regional brand from March 25.

These new routes include those between Waterford and London Southend, Manchester and London Luton and those between Dublin and the Isle of Man and Kerry.

Aer Arann already flies 21 routes under the Aer Lingus Regional brand, including those from Dublin, Cork and Shannon.

Aer Arann said it will continue to assume full operational and commercial responsibility for the services covered by the franchise agreement, with Aer Lingus receiving a franchise fee for providing its brand to Aer Arann.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0314/aerarann-business.html

]Aer Lingus makes profits warning

Aer Lingus has issued a profits warning due to weak bookings during the summer and “intense competition” on prices.

The Irish carrier said that it now expected to make an operating profit of around €60 million for the current financial year – around 15 per cent below its previous forecast of matching last year’s operating profit of €69.1 million.

Read more: http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/13 ... ts-warning

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the ... _Told.aspx

Aer Lingus and Dublin Airport have come together on a major marketing initiative that will promote the use of the airline and airport for travel to North America from Britain.

There will be roadshows in nine British cities over the next two months to publicise the connectivity and ease of transfer at DUB. So far six of the nine British cities have been named: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cardiff and Bristol, with the latter kicking off the programme tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dublin to Los Angeles inaugural flight 4 May 2016.

Crisply edited video with an interesting flight deck crew.

That'll be the resident spin doctor at work... It doesn't sound as good to say second attempt or relaunch.

Probably should have read: Dublin to Los Angeles Inaugural Distaff Flight.

Did you use the flight in 2000, Seasider?

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/stobart-airs-takeover-talks-move-up-a-gear-34815448.html

Relates to several airlines and partners but primarily it revolves around Aer Lingus Regional.

The linked article suggests that a deal could soon be finalised that sees Stobart Air and CityJet merging, with the latter becoming the major partner. Lots of loose ends to tie up involving the various shareholders of Stobart and also there remains the question of how passengers would be fed into Aer Lingus long haul services at Dublin.

Currently Stobart as Aer Lingus Regional does the job but Aer Lingus has been exploring the possibility of Ryanair acting as the feeder but this outcome is far from certain and far from straightforward.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock