Talks with Emerald Airlines “ongoing”.

There is an article on ch-aviation (behind a paywall) which states that Emerald have been awarded the contract.

Aer Lingus Reigonal will once again do the Dublin- Donegal route from February 26th. The current operator doing the routes contract ends on the 25th February which is planned to be their last flight. Emerald will take over after that.

I think this route was being operated by an airline from Scandinavia, called Amapola thought the contract must have been lucrative enough for them to run it

• Thanks
Reactions: CM.
Emerald Airways UK (operating as Aer Lingus Regional) have been awarded there UK AOC this evening.

So the Leeds - Belfast flight will be operated by Emerald Airways UK (EAG) whilst the Dublin route will continue to be operated by Emerald Airlines Ireland (EAI)
They currently have 1 registered aircraft: G-CMJN (formerly EI-GZY). I expect more to follow

They currently have 1 registered aircraft: G-CMJN (formerly EI-GZY). I expect more to follow

As far as I understand Emerald need 5x ATR72's aircraft for the Belfast City based operation.
So expect at least 4x more aircraft to be delivered or transferred from Irish register (EI-,) onto the UK (G-) registration within next few days & weeks to come.

I understand the majority of the Belfast City based crews have already had training and transferred over to the new UK operating company AOC.

As far as I understand Emerald need 5x ATR72's aircraft for the Belfast City based operation.
So expect at least 4x more aircraft to be delivered or transferred from Irish register (EI-,) onto the UK (G-) registration within next few days & weeks to come.

I understand the majority of the Belfast City based crews have already had training and transferred over to the new UK operating company AOC.
What advantages does a UK AOC bring with it?

What advantages does a UK AOC bring with it?

All down to Brexit.

Emerald is the operator of the Carrickfinn PSO and has to have an EU AOC to bid and fly that route - they couldn't do that on a UK AOC and if they have designs on other operations like Dublin -Rennes which Stobart Air did for several years, they need that EU AOC.

However you can have a UK base without having a UK AOC. eg: Ryanair has several UK bases at which it has EI- aircraft only but it can't fly UK domestics or from the UK to a non-EU country (unless an air services agreements permit) on that basis.

So basically holding a UK AOC means Emerald can now fly UK domestic's and any route that the UK has an air services agreement with.

Last edited:
Are Lingus Regional (Emerald) pilots have apparently voted in favour of strike action. No specific details/dates as yet so no idea what, if any, impact this is going to have on their LBA network. Let’s hope a deal is reached to prevent action

Are Lingus Regional (Emerald) pilots have apparently voted in favour of strike action. No specific details/dates as yet so no idea what, if any, impact this is going to have on their LBA network. Let’s hope a deal is reached to prevent action
Yes they voted for strike action last week. It seems to be a similar issue to that involving Ryanair a couple of years ago, basically that the airline isn't recognising or negotiating with the pilots union.

Shock horror!!

Seven hours after Aer Lingus announced new S24 routes to Minneapolis (and Denver), Delta have done a classic move and announced their own 5x weekly DUB-MSP for Summer 24'.

Minneapolis will run 4x weekly with EI on the A330 - with a view to move daily XLR flights one presumes (this route originally operated as a daily 757)

Delta's flights will run 5x weekly on the B763.

One hopes Aer Lingus launch MAN-BOS which spurs Delta into action for next summer ! ! Lol

Have Aer Lingus get some extra aircraft coming to operate these 2 new routes ?

Hope the Manchester operation doesn't suffer as a result of this Dublin expansion.
Think most of the "MAN suffering" is in the fact there won't be any expansion next summer.
Aer Lingus do have the intent to expand the MAN base and logically once they start getting their XLR this should free up a few A330.
The candidates for expansion I am told first it will probably be Boston, then Chicago.
Logically DUB comes first for Aer Lingus but MAN expansion is certainly still on their radar. We don't need a repeat of the reaction Virgin got last year - they are still commited but there are aircraft shortages !

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock