Apparently they are so short of staff that they have reduced the number of movements per hour, hence the cancellation of flights by KLM.

Apparently they are so short of staff that they have reduced the number of movements per hour, hence the cancellation of flights by KLM.
They already did but they clearly still can’t handle the amount of movements currently happening.

I am travelling to AMS for my plane spotting day trip on the day of the Kings coronation (Saturday 6th May) Yeah I know, it is quite controversial going on this day, however it was a choice of either watching a grown up man given a crown on his head and listening to a load of stuff I just cannot connect with (aka religion) or doing something I can connect with (aka plane spotting) and plane spotting won.

However I am only in AMS for 4 hours so will I make it to the roof top terrace or will I be spending my time getting through arrivals/passport control, loooooooooooooooooooooooool

I will let you all know how I get on.

I might watch some of the highlights from the Kings coronation on the various catch ups when I get back, ha

Hopefully they won’t win against their plan to ban private aircraft movements from 2025 also.

I know where you mean. Do you have to go through security too get there?

The Dutch High Court has now ruled in favour of the government meaning that potentially from as early as next year flights could be limited to 440k vs the current maximum of 500k.

With KLM handling about 80% of Air France-KLM flights between the UK and CDG & AMS, I wonder if we may see that split shift more equally.

Of the 17 UK airports that KLM serves, Air France serves just 5, so could we see Air France launch some more CDG to UK routes...

The Dutch government completely collapsed yesterday and is to resign en mass to the King over immigration issues causing a general election probably in September. The current government is/was a coalition of four separate parties so forming a new one will probably take time and who knows what or any effect on potential flight restrictions it may have.

Had a great time yesterday planespotting at Amsterdam Airport. I used the Panorama Terrace which does give some good views of part of the airport. Not so good for takeoffs and landing shots but still great to get so close to the aircraft! Amsterdam has some really good variety of airlines including dedicated cargo ones as well!

View media item 18010
View media item 18011
View media item 18012
View media item 18013
View media item 18014
View media item 18015
View media item 18016
View media item 18017
View media item 18018
View media item 18019
View media item 18020
View media item 18021
View media item 18022
View media item 18023
View media item 18024
View media item 18025
View media item 18026
View media item 18027
View media item 18028
View media item 18029

Last edited:
Great pics Jez ;-)

I enjoyed my daytrip back in May
Thanks! There's more on the media section!

enjoyed my daytrip back in May
That's what inspired me to go, it was a place i'd thought about doing previously but never got around to it. Trying to restart my hobby after a hiatus. The trip reminded me how much i love travelling and watching planes.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock