TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
At least 125 injured as two trains collide in Amsterdam

Two trains have collided in Amsterdam, Dutch media reports. At least 125 people were injured in the accident, around 50 seriously.

A spokeswoman for Dutch Railways said the injuries mainly consist of broken bones and bruises. The trains collided between the Dutch capital's main station Amsterdam Central and Amsterdam Sloterdijk.[/textarea]

The location of this serious rail accident is on the line between Schipol Airport rail station and Amsterdam Central rail station, though neither of the trains involved was an airport train.

All rail movements in the area have ceased including the busy connection between the airport and the centre of the city.

I've used this stretch of track many times when arriving/departing Schipol.

Full report at http://rt.com/news/trains-collided-amst ... jured-647/

Re: Amsterdam Schipol

I've not watched the news for a day or two so I'd no idea this had happened. Unless things have changed from the article you posted it looks like there are no fatalities. I am sure this would have been much worse had it happened here in the UK where our rolling stock is much older than in the Netherlands.

• Admin
Re: Amsterdam Schipol

I agree about the Dutch railways. I've used them quite a lot over the years and they are efficient. Can't imagine what the problem was to cause this.

I like Schipol airport. Some of the taxi distances are very long though - at times you think the aircraft is going to pull up in the city centre - and the airport had (still has?) a reputation for misplacing luggage. We've suffered more than once down the years though it turned up within a day on each occasion and fortunately each time we were homeward-bound.

Just returned from a few days at AMS (will post photos later) and the extensive Viewing Terrace has been cut back to give views of part Pier C, all of D and part of E and 3 runways. It still offers views of most movements, but more difficult to get the sun behind you for photos. It is still free to enter. :)

Thinking of popping over myself very soon, but is the viewing area only available once you have passed through passport control ?

No, it is landside. The "Panorama Terrace" is accessible from departure area 2. There are restaurant/toilets before you go outside. Also F100 PH-OFE is displayed up there.

No, it is landside. The "Panorama Terrace" is accessible from departure area 2. There are restaurant/toilets before you go outside. Also F100 PH-OFE is displayed up there.
Can you access it without going through security?

The UK has been in similar discussions to introduce pre clearence at UK airports. I'm guessing with the UK pretty much in Donald Trump's pocket these days, there's likely to be no change here.

Challenging times ahead.

Understand a #flybe Dash 8-Q400 aircraft has crashed at #Amsterdam Schiphol inbound from Edinburgh operating service BE1284 this afternoon after it looks like its right-hand main under carriage has failed.

C5XMGLcXAAAq7Wv.jpg

C5XNV9RWMAAde1n.jpg:large

C5XMMxVWIAE7hnx.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming the pilot knew nothing prior to the touchdown. A very skillful landing indeed. True dedication. #BE1284

Just passed through AMS on my way to LCY.
Security has been fitted with 3D luggage scanners meaning you do need to remove anything from your hand luggage - what a joy!
Just place your bag in the tray along with your bits from your pockets and that's it! Then move through the 3D body scanners and you're done!
There was no waiting time for the whole of security and it took me exactly 1 minute to get through, very impressed.

Just passed through AMS on my way to LCY.
Security has been fitted with 3D luggage scanners meaning you do need to remove anything from your hand luggage - what a joy!
Just place your bag in the tray along with your bits from your pockets and that's it! Then move through the 3D body scanners and you're done!
There was no waiting time for the whole of security and it took me exactly 1 minute to get through, very impressed.

they initially trialled them on the fast track lane, and rolled them out to other lanes i think late last year. it's very much like TSAPre in the US, just leave everything in the bag which makes things much easier. There has been one on trial at LHR T2 for a while and I think they are now intending to roll them out to all terminals in the next year or so.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock