Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
United-Kingdom
Milan–Malpensa Airport (IATA: MXP, ICAO: LIMC), formerly City of Busto Arsizio Airport,[3][4] is the largest airport for theMilan metropolitan area in northern Italy. It serves 15 million inhabitants in Lombardy, Piedmont and Liguria. The airport is located 49 kilometres (30 mi) northwest[5] of central Milan, next to Ticino river (dividing Lombardy and Piedmont). The airport has two terminals and two runways. There is a dedicated cargo terminal "CargoCity", which handles over 435,000 tons of international freight annually.

The first industrial airport was opened in 1909 near the Cascina Malpensa, an old farm, by Giovanni Agusta and Gianni Caproni to test their aircraft prototypes. This airport was then opened for civil operation in 1948 during the war reconstruction period, in order to serve the northern area of Milan.

In 2015, Malpensa Airport handled 18,582,043 passengers;[2] it is currently the 29th busiest airport in Europe in terms of passengers. Until 2008, Malpensa Airport was a major hub for Alitalia, Italy's national airliner. Malpensa Airport, together with Rome Fiumicino Airport, remains as the busiest Italian airport for international passenger traffic, freight and cargo.

Got these pics from another poster on another website on a recent trip to MXP. His Flybe 175 was going to BHX (Birmingham) and the other Flybe 175 was going to MAN (Manchester).

It also provides a great shot of the terminals in the distance.

Nice pictures.

I've not been to Milan but it looks great. Hoping to combine it with a trip to one of the Italian lakes in the future.

Nice pictures.

I've not been to Milan but it looks great. Hoping to combine it with a trip to one of the Italian lakes in the future.

We see lots of those Flybe 175s at our very own BHX, its actually nice to see where they go all day.

MXP is one of the few Italian Airports that offer facilities at the "end of the runway" but you need transport to get there. I was taking pictures from inside the terminal 2 years ago and was interviewed by plain clothes police who told me where to go - but they didn't offer to take me.

MXP is one of the few Italian Airports that offer facilities at the "end of the runway" but you need transport to get there. I was taking pictures from inside the terminal 2 years ago and was interviewed by plain clothes police who told me where to go - but they didn't offer to take me.

I take it mate that you go to alot of airports around europe in your spare time. Do you get stopped alot on your travels ?? How annoying being stopped by police and interviewed. :rage:

I wouldn't say that I travel a lot, but my 9 year old grand daughter thinks I am a Millionaire!

I am going to Milan in October this year - combined with Verona and Lake Garda.

I was wondering what spotting locations there are at MXP for photography as I wish to do some spotting one morning?

Thank you.

When I was there 3 years ago I took photos (through glass) at the side of MacDonalds. If you google "Malpensa Spotters" it will take to to their webpage which will give you the information you require.

easyJet to increase its MXP base from 21 to 24 next summer.

They may not be used at MXP all the time. The linked article says rather quaintly that the aircraft will 'depart in the morning and return in the evening to the Milanese airport (in the middle, each “Machine” guarantees more flights, sometimes on Malpensa, sometimes on other airports)'. That suggests some 'w' patterns.

Naples (4 to 6) and Venice Marco Polo (2 to 3) also see base increases in summer 2022.

easyJet to increase its MXP base from 21 to 24 next summer.

They may not be used at MXP all the time. The linked article says rather quaintly that the aircraft will 'depart in the morning and return in the evening to the Milanese airport (in the middle, each “Machine” guarantees more flights, sometimes on Malpensa, sometimes on other airports)'. That suggests some 'w' patterns.

Naples (4 to 6) and Venice Marco Polo (2 to 3) also see base increases in summer 2022.

Maybe they might reintroduce our Venice to Liverpool link, which they when Covid hit.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock