Advertisement

Liverpool John Lennon - General Thread

Advertisement

Carl0927

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Obviously it depends on size of ground because lots of tickets are given to other people many who have
no real interest in football rather than the fans which I find very annoying.
Ok you mean entertainment clients corporate stuff ?

mullion

May 9, 2014
In a nutshell yes, When England payed at Wembley recently half the corporate stands where empty but counted
in the attendence figures which I find very annoying as these seats could be used as of course they are the best seats in the ground and it doesn`t look good on TV, but I degress. My point is the fans should get the seats as they have followed the teams through thick and thin and then the big game and they can`t get tickets.

May 27, 2017
worksop
Is thats a normal amount, i don't know ?
Yes every year it around that amount this year the ground capacity for the final is 63,000 it's just over half that amount usually for the Europa league final as it is normally player in smaller grounds however it should be more this year in Lyon. Details on flights should be out soon for the Liverpool fans.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Yes every year it around that amount this year the ground capacity for the final is 63,000 it's just over half that amount usually for the Europa league final as it is normally player in smaller grounds however it should be more this year in Lyon. Details on flights should be out soon for the Liverpool fans.
Yes reckon so.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
In a nutshell yes, When England payed at Wembley recently half the corporate stands where empty but counted
in the attendence figures which I find very annoying as these seats could be used as of course they are the best seats in the ground and it doesn`t look good on TV, but I degress. My point is the fans should get the seats as they have followed the teams through thick and thin and then the big game and they can`t get tickets.
I agree does seem unfair.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Where are the best viewing location's at Liverpool for the 26th?.
If you drive towards end of Runway in direction of Hale Village, you can do a right turn...the small road passes the bottom of the runway, whilst you are not allowed to park there, there is an access road also on right into the GA area I've been parked there , and others do, this seems to be ok.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
You can also get a good view from the bank in the grounds of Speke Hall NT...but of course you have to pay to.get in, but it' a nice place to visit. That's at the Liverpool end of Runway.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
New route and airline from mid August, twice weekly Monday and Friday Liverpool to Bergen.

E190 will operate the route, this airline has already operated charters to Liverpool for football and city break traffic, so hopefully a scheduled operation should do well.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Liverpool Airport celebrates it's 85th anniversary today.

LIVERPOOL AIRPORT TO CELEBRATE ITS 85TH ANNIVERSARY ON SUNDAY

Liverpool John Lennon Airport celebrates a milestone event this weekend – the 85th anniversary of its official opening.

On 1st July 1933, the Marquis of Londonderry, Secretary of State for Air, officially opened the Airport, which was followed by one of the largest civil air displays seen at the time.

First thought about in the late 1920s, Speke in south Liverpool was chosen for the location of the Airport because of the geography of the site and its good year round weather record – reasons still important at today’s airport.

Almost 100 million passengers have travelled to or from Liverpool Airport since its official opening in 1933 and much has changed over the past 85 years, however, Liverpool continues to play a significant role in the connectivity of the North West and beyond.

LJLA, which currently handles around five million passengers per annum, is also one of the regions major employers, attracting inward investment and bringing significant tourism benefits, helping to boost the region’s economy.

According to the gateway, it is a "significant driver of prosperity in the region and the North West and North Wales as a whole, bringing an estimated £250 million per annum in GVA and supporting 6,000 jobs across the Liverpool City Region".

LJLA is one of three UK gateways celebrating birthdays this summer – Gatwick turned 60 in June 9 and London Luton is 80 years old on July 16.

Last edited:

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Liverpool John Lennon airport celebrates 85th anniversary
by Phil Davies Jun 29th 2018, 10:45

Liverpool John Lennon airport marks the 85th anniversary of its official opening this weekend.

Officially opened on July 1, 1933, followed by one of the largest civil air displays seen at the time, Liverpool is one of the UK’s oldest operational airports.

Speke in south Liverpool was chosen to locate the airport because of the geography of the site and a good year-round weather record.

Almost 100 million passengers have traveled to or from the airport since its official opening.

It currently handles five million passengers per year with flights to almost 70 destinations in the UK and across Europe.

Advertisement

Top Bottom