Jet2.com

Advertisement

smithy108

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
While not fresh news, this post is off the BHX website. They have been very active in October compared to the past 12 months so maybe they finally get the need for good and continuous PR/marketing. The airport should be plugging and supporting routes with a wider and regular campaign across website and social media platforms

Choose from three bites of the Big Apple from Birmingham Airport thanks to Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks

Choose from three bites of the Big Apple from Birmingham Airport thanks to Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks
- Once-in-a-lifetime New York trips are back – and on sale now from Birmingham Airport for Winter 20
-
Three trips available including Black Friday, Christmas shopping and Winter breaks!
- 4-night package breaks from £859 per person and flights from £389 per person return*

24th October 2019: Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks is once again giving holidaymakers the chance to enjoy a bite of the Big Apple in Winter 20, after re-introducing Winter trips to New York from Birmingham Airport.

Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks has put three trips of-a-lifetime for Winter 20 on sale today, with flights direct from Birmingham Airport. The four-night trips include Christmas Shopping and Winter in New York trips departing on 19th November, 6th December and 13th December from Birmingham Airport, giving holidaymakers fantastic choice and flexibility when it comes to visiting the magical city.

In total, the company is putting on 19 New York trips from six of its UK bases for Winter 20. As well as award-winning flights with Jet2.com, there are package breaks for sale with Jet2CityBreaks across iconic 3-5 star hotels in central New York locations.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks said: “We’re delighted to be offering these trips from Birmingham Airport to New York, which are perfect for customers looking to enjoy a break to the Big Apple ahead of Christmas. With Christmas Shopping and Winter in New York covered, there really is something for everyone and we have no doubt that these unforgettable trips will prove popular with holidaymakers in the region who are looking to take a bite of the Big Apple!”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport said: ““Birmingham Airport is thrilled that Jet2.com will be offering passengers from the West Midlands the chance to fly from their airport to the Big Apple again in 2020. Whether you want to go ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre, go shopping at Bloomingdale’s or catch a show on Broadway or all three, these Jet2.com citybreaks are for you. We are sure that these trips will prove to be an excellent addition to Jet.com’s ever growing Birmingham network.”

Packages with Jet2CityBreaks from Birmingham Airport start from £859 per person, and they can be secured now for only £60pp deposit. Jet2.com flight only options are also available from £389* per person, including taxes.

Sample Package:
Jet2CityBreaks – United States, New York, Midtown East,
4 star The Maxwell New York City, 4 nights room-only departing from Birmingham on 19th November 2020.
Price: £859 per person based on 2 sharing and includes a 10kg baggage allowance.

For further information or to book visit www.jet2.com or www.jet2citybreaks.com

*Prices correct at time of issue and are subject to change.

smithy108

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
Press release covering Innsbruck launch - encouraging that BHX News/PR department are at last posting regular updates
Jet2.com Inn-troduces New Summer Destination – Innsbruck!

31st October 2019: Leading leisure airline Jet2.com has announced summer flights to Innsbruck for the first time, with services on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 20.

The UK’s Best Airline* will operate flights to the Tyrolean capital between June and September for the first time, giving holidaymakers access to a range of adventures in the stunning Alps as well as the delights of charming Innsbruck itself. Today’s announcement comes on the back of the company’s first ever programme of ski services to Innsbruck, which start in December this year.

The UK’s third largest airline has put 10,000 seats on sale from Birmingham Airport for its first programme of summer services to Innsbruck. This includes weekly Wednesday services which run from 3rd June through to 16th September. Flights are perfectly timed for holidaymakers, with morning departures helping customers to make the most of their stay.

Innsbruck is the fifth largest city in Austria and is surrounded by stunning high mountains and dazzling lakes, making it attractive to the increasing number of holidaymakers who are enticed by wellness, adventure and sport. With miles of mountain ranges and alpine meadows on the doorstep, adventurers, hikers and cyclists are spoiled for choice, and that’s not mentioning the unique mountain trams that offer up some of the most staggering views around.

Medieval Innsbruck itself offers a fantastic city break option, small enough to get around on foot, whilst fusing modern cosmopolitan with tradition and charm. Home to museums such as Audioversum and the Grassmayr Bell Foundry, cafes serving traditional fare such as schnitzel and strudel, and criss-crossed by charming cobbled streets lined with bars and restaurants, it’s not hard to see why Innsbruck is becoming so popular with British holidaymakers.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Innsbruck is the perfect fit for the growing number of people who are looking for adventure, scenery, and wellness on their holidays. Located in the heart of the Austrian Alps, local holidaymakers can choose from a whole host of activities from mountain biking and paragliding through to hiking, whilst being able to enjoy the unique blend of modern and old in Innsbruck itself. With perfectly timed flights and our award-winning service, we are expecting this programme to be hugely popular with holidaymakers from Birmingham Airport.”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport, said, “It’s great that Jet2.com will be offering flights to Innsbruck throughout the summer months as well as winter, recognising the many wonderful things that customers can experience in this city in the Alps all year round. Once again, we applaud Jet2.com for growing the choice available for Midlands travellers.”

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Press release covering Innsbruck launch - encouraging that BHX News/PR department are at last posting regular updates
Jet2.com Inn-troduces New Summer Destination – Innsbruck!

31st October 2019: Leading leisure airline Jet2.com has announced summer flights to Innsbruck for the first time, with services on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 20.

The UK’s Best Airline* will operate flights to the Tyrolean capital between June and September for the first time, giving holidaymakers access to a range of adventures in the stunning Alps as well as the delights of charming Innsbruck itself. Today’s announcement comes on the back of the company’s first ever programme of ski services to Innsbruck, which start in December this year.

The UK’s third largest airline has put 10,000 seats on sale from Birmingham Airport for its first programme of summer services to Innsbruck. This includes weekly Wednesday services which run from 3rd June through to 16th September. Flights are perfectly timed for holidaymakers, with morning departures helping customers to make the most of their stay.

Innsbruck is the fifth largest city in Austria and is surrounded by stunning high mountains and dazzling lakes, making it attractive to the increasing number of holidaymakers who are enticed by wellness, adventure and sport. With miles of mountain ranges and alpine meadows on the doorstep, adventurers, hikers and cyclists are spoiled for choice, and that’s not mentioning the unique mountain trams that offer up some of the most staggering views around.

Medieval Innsbruck itself offers a fantastic city break option, small enough to get around on foot, whilst fusing modern cosmopolitan with tradition and charm. Home to museums such as Audioversum and the Grassmayr Bell Foundry, cafes serving traditional fare such as schnitzel and strudel, and criss-crossed by charming cobbled streets lined with bars and restaurants, it’s not hard to see why Innsbruck is becoming so popular with British holidaymakers.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Innsbruck is the perfect fit for the growing number of people who are looking for adventure, scenery, and wellness on their holidays. Located in the heart of the Austrian Alps, local holidaymakers can choose from a whole host of activities from mountain biking and paragliding through to hiking, whilst being able to enjoy the unique blend of modern and old in Innsbruck itself. With perfectly timed flights and our award-winning service, we are expecting this programme to be hugely popular with holidaymakers from Birmingham Airport.”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport, said, “It’s great that Jet2.com will be offering flights to Innsbruck throughout the summer months as well as winter, recognising the many wonderful things that customers can experience in this city in the Alps all year round. Once again, we applaud Jet2.com for growing the choice available for Midlands travellers.”
That's more like it. Not a plastic bucket and spade to be seen. :)(y)

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
@Ray Finkle I'm sure you give same sentiments as Tom Screen?

Jet2 - the airline that keeps giving at BHX.

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Now what's this about Orlando on Pprune ?
Ignore it. Its a crew member that's getting WAYYY to carried away with themselves.

If Jet2 were going to go Long Haul - they'd be firstly a aircraft order as it would be a permanent move for the company. It would also be then done with the biggest song and dance you've ever seen a company do about something. Trust me. They sing & dance now but they'd have an absolute disco. And it would be announced so that forward bookings can be taken advantage off and not this late.

It would also be done from MAN and probably STN.

As i say ignore it - a crew member getting way to overexcited and carried away with themselves.

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
Now what's this about Orlando on Pprune ?
I don't usually frequent Prune, but the idea of Jet2 & Orlando got my interest.

A poster over there seems adamant that Jet2 have no plans to do long haul.

But if cabin crew are talking about it...as the saying goes, there's no smoke without fire.

As much as I'd like it to happen, I very much doubt Jet2 have any interest in doing it, although maybe that's just me trying not to get my hopes up!

they'd be firstly a aircraft order
Would there though? They already lease A330's for short haul, and presumably they could get their hands on some of the ex-TCX A330's.

As you say though, it's too late for next year.

With TCX now out of the picture, and many airlines replacing A330's with A330NEO's, A350's and B787's (so there's plenty of second hand A330's around), I can't think of a better time for Jet2 to go long haul?

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
They must be thinking about Long haul and what do there customer's think becouse this evening I spent 10 minutes completing a questionnaire which was amongst other things to do with Brexit and do I think the new EU leave date of Jan 2020 will have any impact on me booking a holiday to an EU country and there were also lots of questions about if I am thinking of looking at Long haul for my future plans.

All I can say is that Jet 2 are thinking very hard about Long Haul and I am sure BHX would be featured. :unsure:

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Jet2 will ALWAYS thinking about long haul and it will always be in the marketing surveys. Why? Because that way they are able to have historical data for when they eventually DO go long haul.

Like you @Brum X BHX will feature in a Jet2 long haul programme and probably feature heavily. But there is so much more they can do in the Short to Medium haul market first.

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
Like you @Brum X BHX will feature in a Jet2 long haul programme and probably feature heavily. But there is so much more they can do in the Short to Medium haul market first.
Genuine question - how much of short/medium haul is there left to cover for Jet2?

Surely Spain, Greece, Portugal and The Canaries are more or less at saturation (maybe a couple of extra rotations here and there, but not far off).

We're currently seeing strong growth to Turkey but again how much more expansion can go there?

Egypt, Morocco and Cape Verde have surely got to be on the cards in the next few years, so maybe that'll take Jet2 up to 2025 getting that established and growing.

TCX long haul passengers will be looking for alternatives. The longer they leave it the harder it'll be for Jet2 to attract passengers back from TUI, Virgin & BA.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
@Ray Finkle I'm sure you give same sentiments as Tom Screen?

Jet2 - the airline that keeps giving at BHX.
Most definitely (y)

I think we were all excited when Jet2 appeared at BHX but I don't think that any of us could have envisaged the sheer pace at which they have grown. Obviously the circumstances surrounding Monarch and TCX would have accelerated plans but it's very impressive nevertheless.

That said there is still much more that they can do at BHX, lets hope that the future is exciting :)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Genuine question - how much of short/medium haul is there left to cover for Jet2?
I think Turkey will continue to grow over the next few years but it really depends on how much capacity they can take.

There are still more options to Greece. Santorini looks the obvious choice and possibly Kavala but there could be others.

I don't know how Italy is doing at the moment but they have Sicily and Sardinia as potential new destinations.

Bulgaria looks to be performing so possibly another route there, Varna?

Egypt must surely be just a matter of time now?

Morocco, Cape Verde, Tunisia and Porto Santo could be options for the future.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more city destinations added. Lisbon is the obvious one or possibly a more permanent service to Reykjavik. The likes of Valencia and Seville I could see working.

They also have the several new to Jet2 routes which will need to grow in frequency and be added across their other bases. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a new base in the next couple of years.

All guess work but there looks to be quite a few potential options for the short/medium term.

Top Bottom