Jet2.com

Advertisement

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
looking like 13 based aircraft for next summer at present, 9 B738s and 4 A321s, plus the Palma & Alicante based B738s making regular visits. Total of 190 departures ( & 190 arrivals) per week peak summer, with a few spare slots Monday-Thursday, room for another 6 flights yet! (y)
I think you'll find that's 3 x A321.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Definitely 4x A321.

Saturday morning has A321's departing to Palma, Malaga, Faro and Ibiza.

looking like 13 based aircraft for next summer at present, 9 B738s and 4 A321s, plus the Palma & Alicante based B738s making regular visits. Total of 190 departures ( & 190 arrivals) per week peak summer, with a few spare slots Monday-Thursday, room for another 6 flights yet! (y)
Last time I looked (last month) I got 13 based Mon-Thur and 14 Fri-Sun, maybe there has been some reshuffling?

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
13 based aircraft that would "park' up at BHX over night (based on August 2020), the 14th aircraft normally arrives from Palma around 16:15 and swaps with one of the based 737's that then departs back to Palma later in the evening. Seat booking engines are all showing 4 A321s, I presume 3 Jet2 A321's and the usual based SmatLynx A321

currently a spare slot Monday afternoon, 3 slots Tuesday morning, and 1 spare Wednesday morning, 1 spare slot Wednesday afternoon.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Celebrating our first flight to Budapest from Birmingham Airport

Our first flight to Budapest from Birmingham Airport took off last Friday (8th November).

Customers on the flight received a special welcome when they touched down in the capital of Hungary, with a cake and celebrations.

The full flight marked the start of us operating twice-weekly (Monday and Friday) to Budapest from Birmingham Airport. With 15,876 seats on sale to the Hungarian capital from Birmingham Airport this winter, it gives holidaymakers from the Midlands a great city break option.

Dubbed ‘The Queen of the Danube’, the Hungarian capital offers huge squares, grand buildings, art deco bath houses, grand cafés, Christmas Markets, castles, and ‘ruin’ pubs and is ranked as one of TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Destinations in Europe.

With a great choice of 2-5 star accommodation, friendly flight times, ATOL Protection, FREE 10kg hand luggage and FREE 22kg hold baggage included, local holidaymakers are set for an incredible time in Budapest, all for a low £60 per person deposit.

The launch of this route means we will operate to Budapest from five UK airports this Winter, including Edinburgh, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford and Manchester Airports, proving how popular the city continues to be for British holidaymakers.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks, said: “This marks the start of flights and city breaks to Budapest from Birmingham Airport, and we were delighted to wave customers off on this special flight. With flights and city breaks operating from five of our nine UK bases this winter, Budapest is an incredibly popular destination, and we are looking forward to a successful winter in this fantastic city.”

Sixchannel

Aug 30, 2018
West Midlands
And the first 2 A321s of 7 (ex MON G-ZBAM and G-ZBAO later as TCX G-TCVC and TCVD) are showing on Jethro's as 'acquired. For Summer '20’ The other 5 slots show empty at the moment.
Way too early to guess which base they'll go to but BHX seems to be Jet2 s current flavour of the month so you never know.

Creguk

Oct 31, 2016
Sutton Coldfield
I wonder if transatlantic is on Jet2's radar from BHX. If they get it right, it could potentially work really well for them. Public perception is good, and they actually use their marketing power quite well.

andrew.clarkson

Apr 18, 2013
Hi there Creguk, I totally agree with you, me personally, I think that jet2 are potentially going to personally be the only airline from Birmingham Airport that might try transatlantic flights at all, because quite frank with you, no one else will.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Hi there Creguk, I totally agree with you, me personally, I think that jet2 are potentially going to personally be the only airline from Birmingham Airport that might try transatlantic flights at all, because quite frank with you, no one else will.
TUI operate transatlantic flights from BHX. As for Jet2 even IF they launched transatlantic it would be the same destinations as TUI and there's no guarantee that they would operate it from BHX. They may just concentrate at Manchester.

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Jet2 will not be starting long haul for a while yet. It’s quite clear they’ve got a lot on the plate; Europe expansion in wake of TC, New Destinations, fleet renewal and headache, any new bases, brexit - plus as you’d expect anything internal.

Once, if, they do go long haul - it’s quite obvious it would initially start in MAN, slowly expanded out to BHX and STN, before heading into regional bases.

Top Bottom