Does anyone know if the Grenoble flight went out empty today because of the closure of French ski resorts last night?
Not sure. A friend of mine who is in a French resort was told to pack and come home. So some must be going out to collect them.

Here's the big . Jet2 have just confirmed on there social media platforms that it has suspended all UK outbound flights as of today..

Desperately sad but not surprising.

Although I am in no way an expert I have full confidence that Jet2 will get through this and come out stronger on the other side. There is no denying that it will get tough and difficult decisions will need to be made but in the short time that I have been following Jet2 I have come to realise that their management team seems to be one of the very best in the business.

I assume they'll be happy to get these flights/packages out to maintain cash flow to help them with THIS summer.

Quite possibly. A few hundred thousand £60 deposits will be money in the bank to go towards this difficult period.

With holidays and flights being cancelled hopefully enough people will choose to re-book later this year or next year over a refund, which will at least keep the money within the company.

The Chancellor did announce today that they are preparing a package for airlines and airports, lets hope that it goes far enough.

Take off for Summer 21 from Birmingham Airport

We have put our flights and holidays on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 21 which includes two brand-new and exclusive destinations Kalamata (Peloponnese)

and Lesvos. It means that our Summer 21 programme is now on sale from all nine of our UK bases.

KLX_1.jpg

The huge summer programme means over 2.2 million seats have gone on sale from Birmingham Airport - a capacity increase of 6% compared to Summer 20.

The expanded programme means that we are offering customers more choice and flexibility than ever before when it comes to reaching their favourite summer hotspots such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.

With multiple weekly, daily, and even multiple daily flights to many of these destinations, holidaymakers can enjoy complete flexibility over how long they holiday for – a move we pioneered ten years ago so that customers can choose ATOL protected holidays of any duration to suit their budgets and needs.

The introduction of flights and holidays to Kalamata (Peloponnese) and Lesvos for the first time gives holidaymakers in the Midlands even more variety when it comes to getting away in Summer 21. No other company operates to any of these destinations from Birmingham, making these routes exclusive to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.

Kalamata (Peloponnese):

The addition of a weekly Sunday service from 2nd May – 31st October gives holidaymakers access to a region spread across four peninsulas which reach out into the aquamarine Aegean and Ionian Seas, and are filled with mountains, forests, olive groves, waterfalls, beaches and secluded coves. Home to the ancient Sparta and birthplace of the Olympic Games, it has a spectacular history, and with resorts including Stoupa, Agios Nikolaos, Skafidia, Kalamata and Kyllini on sale, it offers holidaymakers everything they need from sun and sand to ancient history and heritage.

Lesvos:

Weekly services to Lesvos every Thursday between 6th May – 7th October means holidaymakers have exclusive access to Greece’s third largest island which features architectural marvels, natural beauty, traditional villages and beaches that stretch for miles. With resorts including Anaxos, Molivos, Petra and Skala Kallonis holidaymakers are spoiled for choice when it comes to history, sightseeing, cuisine, beaches and water sports.

Highlights from Birmingham Airport for Summer 21 include:

Over 215 weekly flights to 51 destinations during peak periods, giving holidaymakers unrivalled choice and flexibility with the UK’s leading airline and tour operator.

Canary Islands – up to 33 weekly departures to the Canaries, including Tenerife (now up to 14 weekly departures), Lanzarote (up to nine weekly services), Gran Canaria (up to five weekly services) and Fuerteventura (up to five weekly services). This means unrivalled choice and flexibility with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries.

Balearic Islands – more seats on sale than ever with the UK’s leading operator to the Balearics. This includes Majorca (now up to 17 weekly services), Ibiza (up to nine weekly services) and Menorca (up to five weekly services) meaning up to 31 weekly services to the Balearic Islands, again providing unrivalled choice and flexibility.

Turkey – a huge choice with up to nine weekly services to both Dalaman and Antalya, four weekly services to Bodrum and twice weekly services to Izmir.

Greece – 39 weekly services to 13 destinations in Greece, meaning more choice than ever. Programme includes brand-new and exclusive Kalamata (Peloponnese) and Lesvos

(weekly services to both), up to six weekly services to Crete (Heraklion), Corfu and Rhodes, up to five weekly services to Zante, up to four weekly services to Kos, up to three weekly services to Skiathos, twice weekly services to both Preveza and Crete (Chania), and weekly services to Kefalonia, Thessaloniki and Santorini.

Mainland Spain
– great choice and flexibility with 32 weekly departures at peak times to favourites on the Spanish mainland including Malaga (up to 10 weekly services), Alicante (up to 11 weekly services), Girona (Costa Brava) (twice weekly services), Reus (Costa Dorada) (up to three weekly services), Barcelona (twice weekly services), Costa de Almeria (twice weekly services) and Murcia (Costa Colida) (twice weekly services).

Portugal - plenty of choice with up to 12 weekly services departing to the Algarve (Faro) and twice weekly services to both Madeira and Lisbon (now operating throughout the summer).

Cyprus – up to five weekly services to Larnaca and up to four weekly services to Paphos, providing fantastic choice.

Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to three weekly services to the Balkan sunshine.

Croatia – up to three weekly services to Dubrovnik, two weekly services to Split, as well as a weekly service to Pula.

Italy
– up to four weekly services to Rome, up to three weekly services to Pisa and up to two weekly services to Venice, Naples and Verona.

France
– a weekly service to Bergerac.

Malta - up to two weekly services during Summer 21.

Austria – a weekly summer service to the Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck.

A wide range of options through Jet2CityBreaks including two weekly services to Budapest, Prague and Krakow.

No Nice flights ?

It's bookable for March and April so I'm assuming there is a slot issue for the peak summer. One to watch.

According to the article below if summer 2021 remains as released BHX will become the second largest Jet2 base going by number of seats. Given what is happening at the moment there will almost certainly be changes between now and then.

Jet2-announces-two-new-routes-from-Birmingham-base-which-is-to-become-2-base.jpg

The very rapid expansion worries me, I would hate for another collapse given current circumstances.

I have every confidence in the management of Steve Heapy, Phillip Meeson and the other directors. They've got it right so far and will continue to get it right. They've received a lot of praise over the past 5 weeks since the Sand Storm on how they handled the Sand Storm and the proceeding outbreak and continued spread of Coronavirus.

We need to remember this are opportunities that have arose as a result of others; TC and ZB mainly. They are only replacing that capacity. And it may not be obvious. Instead of replacing TC/ZB on a TFS frequency they could be offering another choice to the customer in KGS for example.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock