Jul 16, 2015
im sure some threads have disappears of late, as I cannot find the Aer Lingus thread?

Anyway, similar to BHX, DUB-MAN goes 7 daily on Thu/Fri, up from 6 daily.

This means together with the 3 daily Cork flights, we see 10 Aer Lingus flights on these 2 days.

AVIOS have been sending out promotional e.mails today confirming that their loyalty points can now be used to book flights with Aer Lingus. A very welcome innovation. This follows a recent announcement that FlyBe are now bookable using Avios as well.

It seems that Avios (the company) are finally taking on board the comments of collectors outside the SE who have been complaining about the abysmal redemption opportunities for those not conveniently located for the core British Airways network, especially since they massively downgraded the terms for using the Shuttle.

I had hoped that Avios would be usable on IAG brands Vueling and Iberia Express when they started serving MAN. But they only accept Avios collected via the Iberia Airlines scheme (bizarre). I have been lobbying Avios to change their rules on this. It had reached the stage where those of us outside the London bubble were better off keeping Tesco grocery vouchers rather than converting them to Avios at all.

So, FlyBe and Aer Lingus changes show that IAG has listened and recognised the problem. Fingers crossed that access to VLG and IBS will follow. Meanwhile, I found an excellent Avios deal on FlyBe's MAN-TLS service (booked) and will check out the Aer Lingus offering soon. They were keen to tell me that I have enough Avios for MAN-DUB-JFK with Aer Lingus ... wonder why they're pushing that route?!!! :)

So, FlyBe and Aer Lingus changes show that IAG has listened and recognised the problem. Fingers crossed that access to VLG and IBS will follow. Meanwhile, I found an excellent Avios deal on FlyBe's MAN-TLS service (booked) and will check out the Aer Lingus offering soon. They were keen to tell me that I have enough Avios for MAN-DUB-JFK with Aer Lingus ... wonder why they're pushing that route?!!! :)

I wonder whether they will continue to push this route indefinitely, or whether their priorities could change.

After Aer Lingus went down to 5 daily this summer, looks like it's back up to 6/7 daily next summer.

Although not bookable on Aer Lingus site yet, Amadeus shows the following departure times ex-MAN:

0805 daily (Aer Lingus Mainline)
1125 daily (Aer Lingus regional)
1320 daily (Aer Lingus Mainline)
1720 daily ex Sat (Aer Lingus mainline)
1740 daily (Aer Lingus regional)
1935 Saturday's (Aer Lingus regional)
2035 daily ex sat (Aer Lingus mainline)
2055 Sun (Aer Lingus mainline)

So,
Mon-Fri is 6 daily
Sat is 5 daily
Sunday is 7 daily

Nice to see an increase again.

That is actually a dreadful schedule. Plenty of frequencies, but last departure from MAN to DUB at 17:20 every weekday? And travellers would have to be in the terminal at least an hour before then. Useless for any business traveller working around the standard 9 to 5 working day. IIRC though, Ryanair offers plenty of capacity on the route later into the evening. How they must be laughing if this is correct.

And the last departure from Dublin to Manchester would be crazy-early. They don't leave a nightstopper here.

But I do note two departures just 10 minutes apart there at 17:10 and 17:20. Could this be an error? Maybe they will actually keep the departure which leaves at around 20:20 in the current schedule.

Maybe it's a schedule that fits the transatlantic connections more than p2p?

The business day in both Dublin and Manchester is a far, far bigger deal than Transatlantic feed.

That's reassuring. But the part-timetable we can see shows 42 frequencies. Are there only four days with a later evening flight?

On the original blog, the 9 flights Sunday was corrected to 8. Even so, in a week it would amount to 35 for Mon-Fri, plus 5 Sat plus the 8 Sun. which is actually totals 48 flights, which if correct allows for the late flight on 6 days.

The image (partial timetable) posted above mentions a total of 46 flights pw in the preamble. I'm definitely missing something here!!! :)

EDIT: So I think we're saying that the original piece has added the totals incorrectly? So 48 is the actual number!

Knowing Aer Lingus, they'll probably drop one of those two services operating ten minutes apart anyway!

If you look on the original tweet on airportnewsMAN and click or touch the timetable the whole timetable appears which it doesnt on this site.

The timetable shows
7 per day Monday to Friday
5 on Saturday and
8 on Sunday

which if my maths are correct is 48

I have come to the conclusion that the information posted above from Amadeus should not be relied upon. The information keeps changing and none of the other sites are yet showing any increase. Information provided previously derived from Amadeus has proved to be inaccurate

More good news - if this tweet is correct:

Sean M

@SeanM1997

UNCONFIRMED and SUBJECT TO CHANGE According to the Aer Lingus website, 7 new routes from Belfast City should soon be on sale: 17 August 2020: Edinburgh & Glasgow 20 August 2020: Exeter 14 September 2020: Birmingham & Manchester 15 October 2020: East Midlands & Leeds/Bradford

8:06 PM · Jul 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Above rumour now confirmed - Stobart to commence Belfast City/Manchester from 14th September.

MAN/BHD
MON-FRI
0825/0935 EI3611
1640/1750 EI3615
2010/2120 EI3619

SAT
0825/0935 EI3611
1145/1245 EI3613

SUN
1145/1245 EI3613
1640/1750 EI3615
2010/2120 EI3619

BHD/MAN
MON-FRI
0635/0740 EI360
1500/1605 EI3614
1835/1940 EI3618

SAT
0635/0740 EI3610
1010/1105 EI3612

SUN
1010/1105 EI3612
1500/1605 EI3614
1835/1940 EI3618

Last edited:
According to Airlineroute of 29th September the following is planned for October:

Belfast City – Manchester 13 weekly ATR72

Dublin – Manchester 7 weekly A320

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock