Advertisement

JetBlue

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Thread starter Moderator #1
An article in routes online mentioned the possibility about JetBlue doing transatlantic flights after they recieve A321neo in 2019 with the option for the LR version. Bit of speculation but i'm wondering which airports in the UK they would consider?

Advertisement

User001

Jul 16, 2015
I would say GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX are in with the best shouts.

They would obviously want to tap into the London market like every other TATL carrier, but given LHR and LGW are essentially full for any meaningful slots, which London airport they choose is another story.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Thread starter Moderator #3
I would say GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX are in with the best shouts.

They would obviously want to tap into the London market like every other TATL carrier, but given LHR and LGW are essentially full for any meaningful slots, which London airport they choose is another story.
I wonder if they would consider STN as there London airport?

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
One could see a Manchester Airport Group deal being negotiated - go to STN and MAN! LTN appears to be maxed out sometimes at peak periods of you see the Luton thread hosted on some raisins. Timescale wise, it looks like MAN pre-clearance opening and Jetblue getting the go-ahead for A321NEOLR ETOPS certification could happen almost at the same time. Might be useful as passengers could be classified as "domestic" when they arrive in the States so the likes of JFK and BOS could like that as it would mean fewer "new" passengers for their terminals to cope with whilst waiting to get past security.

Britannia94

Mar 29, 2016
If this is the case could we see this as a possibility for LBA to receive a regular New York service?

Jet Blue would be able to offer onward connections through there T5 Operations at JFK.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Thread starter Moderator #6
I wonder if they could also target the likes of NCL CWL BHD LBA and BRS in the long term and provide the regional airports with direct US flights?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #8
If this is the case could we see this as a possibility for LBA to receive a regular New York service?

Jet Blue would be able to offer onward connections through there T5 Operations at JFK.
Although unlikely I wouldn't rule it out. Some years ago there were rumours that Jet2 bosses were in talks with Jet Blue. At that time Jet2 bosses made a number of trips to the States. This could have been nothing to do with Jet Blue though as we've seen flights to New York and the purchasing of new Boeing aircraft since. Having said that, any deal with Jet2 would have numerous advantages for both airlines.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #9
Whilst evaluating the possibility of flying to Europe, Jetblue are also evaluating the potential introduction of wide body aircraft.

“We are very open to seeing all the options that are out there,” David Clark, JetBlue’s vice president for network planning, said at the International Aviation Forecast Summit in Olympic Valley, California. “We are certainly looking at widebodies. It’s less that we are looking at every widebody right now and more sort of [evaluating] widebodies in general versus the [A321LR]. We want to see which might be a better fit for us.”

Clark said JetBlue has not decided which widebody aircraft might work best. Airbus has been aggressively shopping the A330 and A350 to airlines, while Boeing is trying to sell 787s and 777s.

https://skift.com/2016/09/19/jetblue-thinks-bigger-planes-as-it-considers-longer-flights/

Advertisement

Top Bottom