Random Stuff!!

aviatorconcorde

Feb 1, 2018
South East Wales
Simon Hart the UK government Welsh Secretary is calling for a referendum on a bigger Senedd. Maybe they should add in questions about more powers at the same time and whether Wales should lose 8 MPs at Westminster as well.

I think a public vote is sensible to be honest. We had one for changing the UK voting system, so it is appropriate.

I don’t think Wales should be losing MP’s full stop, let alone having a referendum on it.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
I think a public vote is sensible to be honest. We had one for changing the UK voting system, so it is appropriate.

I don’t think Wales should be losing MP’s full stop, let alone having a referendum on it.
The voting system itself maybe. Give people a choice between PR and STV but the actual expansion of the Senedd was in 3 parties manifesto.
Good news.

And happy Jubilee to HM the queen, from all of us in Wales.
Yep he does deserve it though many Welsh football fans seem very upset about him excepting it.
I believe now that 2 of the biggest icons in Welsh sport him and Alun Wyn Jones now have been honoured.

aviatorconcorde

Feb 1, 2018
South East Wales
I am not a fan of the voting system proposal, it may benefit the larger parties and prevent smaller parties, greens, reform, abolish and even the lib dems breaking through. That isn’t really a democracy to me.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
I am not a fan of the voting system proposal, it may benefit the larger parties and prevent smaller parties, greens, reform, abolish and even the lib dems breaking through. That isn’t really a democracy to me.
I know Plaid wanted and still do want the introduction of Single Transferable Vote as does the Lib Dems but Labour had concerns about people being able to understand the system so wanted to introduce PR instead and the d'Hondt method is already used for the regional list hence the compromise. Personally i think it's a step in the right direction. People can vote for the party they want and their vote won't be potentially as wasted like with first past the post in many constituencies or they won't have to consider voting tactically either. It also i believe gets people used to the idea of multi member constituencies as well. It's not perfect yes but i do think it's a step in the right direction towards i hope STV in future.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
New polling results released today from YouGov
For the Senedd
Constituency:
LAB: 37% (-1)
CON: 24% (=)
PLC: 21% (=)
LDM: 6% (=)
REF: 5% (=)
GRN: 5% (+2)
Regional List:
LAB: 31% (-3)
PLC: 24% (+4)
CON: 21% (-2)
AWAP: 6% (=)
GRN: 6% (+2)
LDM: 5% (-1)
Potential seat projection
Labour 28
Plaid 15
Conservatives 13
Abolish 2
Lib Dems 1
Greens 1

Welsh independence
Yes 25% +4%
No 50% -3%
With don't knows removed
Yes 32%
No 68%

Should there be another Prince of Wales? Poll was commissioned by ITV.
Yes 46%
No 31%
Don't know 23%

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.