None of the underground or overground trains operated by Transport for London or any of the buses have toilets. Also worth noting that all the current tram systems In the uk do not have toilets.

If station facilities are upgraded to a sufficient level including multiple toilets to use at one time then by the time you’ve spent a penny, depending where you are on the network, a train should be arriving within 5-10 mins. Treforest station for example will have 12 trains an hour.

I understand there is a very small percentage of the population who need the toilet facilities far more than the general public but In my opinion it is a no news story.

Plaid Cymru are having their Party Conference in Swansea and they've announced 2 railway projects they would look to introduce if they were in government.
First one is a Trans-Wales railway going from Swansea to Camarthen to Aberystwyth to Bangor to Ynys Mon.

Second would be a rapid transit system 50 kilometres long from Pontypool to Treherbert connecting the East and West of the Valleys, allowing cross-valley travel.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/...YRB2K0wphDfCTqNwo3VEocKD83gGbTvoByNtJhKcj4YBw

Wales Air Forum

Attempts to visit this site are now met with a notice, 'The domain name has expired'.

Haven't been on waf for quite a while, was a good source of info for a while before it seemed to just turn into a slanging match

The domain was up an I decided not to plough anymore money into it.

I have spent casts amount of money over the years into the website and then obviously the various meetings and events that I attended as a result.

Somehow the website itself renewed even though I selected not to auto renew so will look into that.

Some if you who frequented WAF May noticed that I haven’t actually commented for maybe over a year. In fact I stopped looking at it and instead I frequent this forum and comment from time to time.

Also my newly pointed post as a senior manager of a company based at Cardiff Airport I will have to watch what I say in future.

The domain was up an I decided not to plough anymore money into it.

I have spent casts amount of money over the years into the website and then obviously the various meetings and events that I attended as a result.

Somehow the website itself renewed even though I selected not to auto renew so will look into that.

Some if you who frequented WAF May noticed that I haven’t actually commented for maybe over a year. In fact I stopped looking at it and instead I frequent this forum and comment from time to time.

Also my newly pointed post as a senior manager of a company based at Cardiff Airport I will have to watch what I say in future.
Thank you for all your efforts down the years. I'm sure that members of WAF who are now members of F4A and who read this thread will join in my sentiments.

I stopped posting around the same time as Tim Lee (I think for the same the reason as I did) as at that time there were a number of members who seemed to see any criticism of the then newly nationalised CWL as politically motivated. I found myself censoring my own posts before putting them on the site to try to avoid any suggestion of political bias.

WAF and WAN (before) played an important part as a sounding board, facilitator and encourager for the industry in the country, especially at a time when CWL was going through that awful five years.

Do you know how Clive is these days?

Every good wish in your new position and the last part of your final sentence above is entirely understood.

I've been posting the passenger numbers on their but I can't remember the last time I had any sort of discourse on there with anyone.
It's sad to see it go as it was the first aviation forum I posted on.
Thank you to everyone behind it and their hard work in keeping it going!

Clive is still around being vocal as ever.

These days he is taking politicians to task on Twitter. Also retweeting a lot of tui complaints especially those resulting in delayed flight compensation. (Unsure what his issue is with Tui).

It was a shame the course the website took as at one point I believe it’s success was evidently its failure. The idiots joined it and pushed the great dialogue that was had from professionals.

I do hope we did help turn the tide however I did not have the time and certainly the funds to achieve the ambition of the website.

I did have some fantastic times with WAF however it also caused some issues with my previous employment.

Even though I haven’t viewed WAF for a very long time and not posted for even longer, I have always kept an eye on Forums4Airport Cardiff threads.

Many thanks, mathers. I'm delighted that Clive is still going strong. I'm not into social media so I don't see Twitter and the like.

WAF was the very first forum I started reading many years ago and and probably contributed to me being employed in aviation a few years later as I gained a lot more knowledge of Welsh aviation companies etc than I would have through mainstream media.

I think I stopped going on there for similar reasons to above and a certain poster who was very irritating.

I tried the dried fruit but have settled here and very much enjoy reading the posts on here nearly every day, I rarely post myself as I dont really have anything worthwhile to add I dont think.

WAF was the very first forum I started reading many years ago and and probably contributed to me being employed in aviation a few years later as I gained a lot more knowledge of Welsh aviation companies etc than I would have through mainstream media.

I think I stopped going on there for similar reasons to above and a certain poster who was very irritating.

I tried the dried fruit but have settled here and very much enjoy reading the posts on here nearly every day, I rarely post myself as I dont really have anything worthwhile to add I dont think.
It's good to know that you enjoy reading F4A, Chris. I'm sure that you do have worthwhile things to say. Everyone's opinion is welcome and valued.

I've never been in the aviation or travel industry but along the way I've learned so much from helpful and kind people in those industries. WAF was particularly fortunate in having a number of posting members who were experienced in many facets of airlines, airports and the travel industry, some at senior level, in Wales itself. I'm very grateful for the knowledge those people imparted.

I'm still learning and claim no expertise in the subjects whatsoever. I always bow to the experience of people who actually do the job.

Will the airport-city centre shuttle bus use this new link?

The planned Dinas Powes bypass needs to happen also as that would make a massive difference in travel time between the airport and the city.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock