Silvercity

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Portugal
TAP have announced Lisbon to Toronto, their expansion focus is presently North America, this is what has been planned by the new Atlantic Gateway group, headed by Azul and JetBlue owner David Neeleman.

That'll be interesting as South Africa doesn't have many direct flights to Europe. London Amsterdam and Frankfurt i think are the routes.

That'll be interesting as South Africa doesn't have many direct flights to Europe. London Amsterdam and Frankfurt i think are the routes.

Many years ago when I was a travel agent if you wanted a cheaper fare to South Africa, TAP was one of the best options from the UK, it would have been on their Tristars then. Another route was via Luxembourg. TAP have been adding to their African network of late.
Another new development by TAP is Lisbon to Beijing which is a code share with Capital Airlines, it gets in in July.

From 25 March TAP will start Porto to London City, 5 times per week. They will also add Porto to Milan, Barcelona and Ponta Delagada.
From June they will add four extra flights from Lisbon to Sao Paulo, plus one extra to Brasila, Belo Horizonte and Toronto.
TAP also plan to start flights next year between Lisbon and Nouachott, capital of Mauritania, which is awaiting approval.

Last edited:
TAP reported that it carried 1.1M passengers in January 2018. The first time it has carried this amount in January it's a 16 per cent rise year on year

Capital Airlines is to provide onward connections to seven cities in Brazil from Beijing by way of a codeshare agreement with TAP via Lisbon. TAP is also codesharing on the LIS-PEK sector.

TAP Air Portugal is beginning this month a code share agreement with Air India.

Its first two A330 900neos have rolled out of the paintshop in Toulouse. TAP have ten of these aircraft on order.

TAP is continuing to do well, it carried over 1 million passengers in February that's a 17 % increase over the same period in 2017.

Last edited:
TAP Air Portugal are planning to launch Lisbon to Buenos Aires in 2019. Exact date is not availale yet, the airline is expecting delivery of more than 70 A330neos later this year.

TAP Air Portugal and Spanish carrier Volotea are entering into an agreement which will allow TAP to have their "TP" code on Voloteas services from Spain and France to Faro.

TAP in conjunction with Beijing Capital Airlines is to begin a dual logo 747 cargo service connecting China Portugal and Brazil this year.

TAP has signed a code share agreement with Air Baltic.

airBaltic signs deal with Air Portugal

"airBaltic and TAP Air Portugal have signed a codeshare agreement.

This partnership will enable airBaltic passengers more options to travel within the network of TAP, including Brazil, Portugal and Africa.

In turn this agreement will offer TAP Air Portugal passengers better connectivity to the Baltics, Scandinavia and eastern Europe."

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock