2 football charters today from Bratislava bringing in fans and the Slovakian team for tomorrows Euro 2020 qualifier against Wales in Cardiff.
Enter Air 737 800 SP-ENT arrived at 09.59 and departed for BRS at 11.08 and Smartlynx A320 ES-SAS arrived at 11.29 and is parked on stand 12 and will depart Sunday PM.

As posted in the General thread WizzAir will be operating flights from Budapest to Cardiff on the 19th November with the return flights on the 20th November. The times are below.
19th November
BUD-CWL 08.00-09.45
BUD-CWL 08.30-10.15
20th November
CWL-BUD 01.00-04.30
CWL-BUD 01.30-04.55
Both flights will be operated by their A321 aircraft.

Wizz have added another flight. This is from Debrecen.

Updated info:
WizzAir will be operating flights from Budapest and Debrecen to Cardiff on the 19th November with the return flights on the 20th November for the Wales v Hungary Euro 2020 qualifier.
The times are below.
19th November
BUD-CWL 08.00-09.45
BUD-CWL 08.30-10.15
DEB-CWL 09.00-10.45
20th November
CWL-BUD 01.00-04.30
CWL-DEB 01.15-04.45
CWL-BUD 01.30-04.55

Budapest flights will be operated by their A321 aircraft and Debrecen by their A320.

Both Manchester United and AC Milan have arrived for their pre-season match at the Principality Stadium tomorrow.
Manchester United arrived at 16.41 from MAN on a 2 Excel 737 300 G-TGPG
AC Milan arrived at17.07 from MXP on a Maleth Aero 737 500 9H-MAC
credit to SWAG for the info.

Slightly embarrassing for Cardiff Airport that the Welsh rugby team No1 in the world are travelling to Turkey with Thomas Cook from Bristol because there are no flights to Turkey on a Sunday!
I'm surprised that the WRU didn't charter their own aircraft instead of travelling on a holiday charter service.

I believe the England squad was staying in Bristol prior to the Wales match. They've done that before for matches and not all against Wales. Perhaps the WG could give persuade Qatar to give the RU a good deal when the England squad flies out to Japan for the World Cup.:)

Congratulations are due to Wales by the way for being the number 1 international team in the world.

I'm surprised that the WRU didn't charter their own aircraft instead of travelling on a holiday charter service.
I'd imagine that they booked through Thomas Cook sports and booked a year ago to TCX could block off the seats on the scheduled flight rather than charter. Of course flying out on a Sunday means Cardiff is out of the question because of no flights to Turkey on Sunday from Cardiff. Still pr wise it doesn't look good for the airport for the Welsh rugby team is flying from Bristol when they constantly claim they are Wales connection to the world. For Bristol though it's no doubt a nice pr coup to reinforce that they are Wales main connection to the world.

I'd imagine that they booked through Thomas Cook sports and booked a year ago to TCX could block off the seats on the scheduled flight rather than charter. Of course flying out on a Sunday means Cardiff is out of the question because of no flights to Turkey on Sunday from Cardiff. Still pr wise it doesn't look good for the airport for the Welsh rugby team is flying from Bristol when they constantly claim they are Wales connection to the world. For Bristol though it's no doubt a nice pr coup to reinforce that they are Wales main connection to the world.
Some of the Welsh club sides have used BRS - I don't know if they still do. A couple of years ago Cardiff City also used Lulsgate to travel to its pre-season training camp. It might have been to Faro but I can't remember with any certainty.

Bristol City went to Florida for their pre-season this summer but I don't think they used BRS via AMS or DUB, or the TUI flight to Sanford.

With both the Bluebirds and the Swans in the football Championship this season there will probably be fewer flights bringing in teams to Wales for matches.

The Cardiff City stadium will host the Pro14 final on the 20th June 2020 which will be the first time that Wales has held the final in the new format which has been in place since 2009. The likelihood of at least one Irish team being in it will be high so that should give the airport a boost next June.

A Dornier 328 jet has just arrived bringing in Fulham fc from Stansted I'm led to believe.20190829_163041.jpg

A Dornier 328 jet has just arrived bringing in Fulham fc from Stansted I'm led to believe.View attachment 14388
Cardiff City v Fulham tomorrow evening in the Championship. By the time Fulham reached Stansted they could have been nearly half way to Cardiff by road.

Cardiff City v Fulham tomorrow evening in the Championship. By the time Fulham reached Stansted they could have been nearly half way to Cardiff by road.
There training ground is based in New Malden off the A3 south of Wimbledon.
By the time they drove to STN they would've been in Wales! Nice to finally get to photograph a Dornier 328 jet though!

The Shamrock A320 in from and back to Dublin later today.Is this a rugby charter,or some thing connected with sport in any way.

A few rugby and football flights coming up over the next few days starting today.
At 20.45 an Azerbaijan Airlines A320 will arrive from Baku with the Azerbaijan football team to play Wales on Thursday. That looks like it will depart at 01.05 on the 7/9/19 but whether the aircraft will stay on the ground at CWL or ferry empty back to and then from Baku is unknown.
On the 5/9/19 Stobart Air will operate flights to Dublin at 14.05 and 15.20, I can only find 1 return for them at 20.35 on 7/9/19.
Also on the 7/9/19 Belavia Belorussian Airlines will be arriving at 12.35 bringing the Belarus football team to play Wales on Tuesday.

A few rugby and football flights coming up over the next few days starting today.
At 20.45 an Azerbaijan Airlines A320 will arrive from Baku with the Azerbaijan football team to play Wales on Thursday. That looks like it will depart at 01.05 on the 7/9/19 but whether the aircraft will stay on the ground at CWL or ferry empty back to and then from Baku is unknown.
On the 5/9/19 Stobart Air will operate flights to Dublin at 14.05 and 15.20, I can only find 1 return for them at 20.35 on 7/9/19.
Also on the 7/9/19 Belavia Belorussian Airlines will be arriving at 12.35 bringing the Belarus football team to play Wales on Tuesday.
Its due to depart at 21.45 back to Baku.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock