Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Cathay Pacific to cut London flights

Airline will ground 17 flights during May and more in June after big drop in premium travelMark Frary
Cathay Pacific is to cut 17 of its flights between London and Hong Kong during May and plans further cuts during the month of June. The airline currently operates four flights a day between the two cities.

The airline will also reduce flights to Frankfurt, Paris, Sydney and several destinations in Asia. Overall, the airline will cut the number of seats it is offering by 8% against the current schedule.

The airline’s chief executive Tony Tyler said: “We anticipate an extremely challenging year in 2009 and a toxic combination of low fares, a big drop in premium travel, weak cargo loads, poor yields and a negative currency impact is making it more important than ever to preserve cash…We have no option but to take measures that will help us weather the current storm and maintain the long-term sustainability of the business.”

Source

The world economic slowdown must be hitting the airline hard if it's having to cut 17 flights a month to Heathrow with similar reductions to Frankfurt, Paris and Sydney.

• Admin
Humberside said:
Its 17 flight a month being cut, not 17 a week

Sorry, yes you are right. It's power reading that caused the error. Sometimes I don't have time to read everything properly. :blush:

• Admin
OMG, Initially I thought that had to be a photoshop job, but it has to be real.

OMG, Initially I thought that had to be a photoshop job, but it has to be real.
Yep someone missed out the F! Lol
At least Cathay Pacific seem to be seeing the funny side on Twitter at least!

Actually the best explanation I've seen is the spacing between the words Cathy and Pacific is too large due to a imput error on programming the computer prior to painting resulting in a bit of a ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** up.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock