Alaska Airlines

Advertisement

cody12

Dec 26, 2016
Australia
Jenny Hansel, a flight attendant on Alaska Airlines has been suffering from kidney disease for over 15 years, undergone 7 surgeries and is subjected to 10 hours of dialysis every night. Without a kidney transplant, Jenny faces many years of dialysis and quite likely death. Alaska Airlines called for a donor from among their employees and Captain Jodi Harskamp was one of the first people to step forward. Captain Harskamp flies for Alaska Airlines, especially on the Hawaii route, and Jenny Hansel was often an attendant on the same aircraft.

In Captain Harskamp’s words : “As one person, it’s difficult to change the world, but you can at least change somebody’s world.”

Source: http://flyinganarchy.com/gift-life-pilot-donates-kidney/

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
That's a great gift to give to someone! I've flown on Alaska Airlines many times and always find their staff to be very friendly. They are a very good airline and it's a shame we don't get to see there aircraft in the UK.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
It's an act of kindness on an extreme proportion. It's a miracle there was a match.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Alaska Airlines have announced 8 new destinations and 13 daily flights from Everett Paine Field. Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego are the destinations chosen and the flights will be operated by Horizon Airs 76 seat E175s. United Airlines will also operate to Denver and San Francisco and these flights will max out the 2 gate terminal that will be finished in July and open in September when the flights will start. 2 destinations that didn't make the list were Spokane and Hawaii but they could be contenders as future routes.
http://www.heraldnet.com/business/vegas-la-phoenix-and-more-destinations-from-paine-field/

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Pretty big news! Alaska Airlines will be a wonderful addition to OneWorld.

Top Bottom