cody12

Dec 26, 2016
Australia
Jenny Hansel, a flight attendant on Alaska Airlines has been suffering from kidney disease for over 15 years, undergone 7 surgeries and is subjected to 10 hours of dialysis every night. Without a kidney transplant, Jenny faces many years of dialysis and quite likely death. Alaska Airlines called for a donor from among their employees and Captain Jodi Harskamp was one of the first people to step forward. Captain Harskamp flies for Alaska Airlines, especially on the Hawaii route, and Jenny Hansel was often an attendant on the same aircraft.

In Captain Harskamp’s words : “As one person, it’s difficult to change the world, but you can at least change somebody’s world.”

Source: http://flyinganarchy.com/gift-life-pilot-donates-kidney/

That's a great gift to give to someone! I've flown on Alaska Airlines many times and always find their staff to be very friendly. They are a very good airline and it's a shame we don't get to see there aircraft in the UK.

Alaska Airlines have announced 8 new destinations and 13 daily flights from Everett Paine Field. Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego are the destinations chosen and the flights will be operated by Horizon Airs 76 seat E175s. United Airlines will also operate to Denver and San Francisco and these flights will max out the 2 gate terminal that will be finished in July and open in September when the flights will start. 2 destinations that didn't make the list were Spokane and Hawaii but they could be contenders as future routes.
http://www.heraldnet.com/business/vegas-la-phoenix-and-more-destinations-from-paine-field/

Pretty big news! Alaska Airlines will be a wonderful addition to OneWorld.

Alaska Airlines will purchase Hawaiian Airlines and Hawaiian will become part of the Alaska Airlines Group as a separate airline.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock