Nice to see LOT here again even if it was a diversion

Out of interest David, LCY arrivals indicates about 14 flights diverted this morning. There was a BA went to EMA and one to STN before I went out and on return I noted the AZ going to BHX and the LOT coming here. Just curious where the other 10 finished up.
Everything last night seemed to head for BHX.

AZ218 Alitalia E190 (EI-RNC) Diverted to BHX
LX456 Swiss BCS1 (HB-JBH) Diverted to BHX
BA3292 British Airways E190 (G-LCYX) Diverted to BHX
BA3281 Loganair SB20 (G-LGNT) Diverted to IOM
BA2 British Airways A318 (G-EUNA) Diverted to LGW
TP1344 TAP Express E190 (CS-TPV) Diverted to LGW
LO2201 LOT E190 (SP-LMC) Diverted to MAN
BA3270 British Airways E170 (G-LCYF) Diverted to ORY
BA4461 British Airways E170 (G-LCYE) Diverted to SEN
LO287 LOT E190 (SP-LMD) Diverted to SEN
EI282 CityJet RJ85 (EI-RJD) Diverted to SEN
LG4591 Luxair DH8D (LX-LQD) Diverted to SEN
BA4450 British Airways E190 (G-LCYO) Diverted to STN
KL987 KLM E190 (PH-EZH) Diverted to SEN

Many thanks David.
It must have been the BA3292 that I saw heading north at Leicester descending through 9,000 that I assumed was for EMA.
Perhaps there was a change of mind as BHX weather improved.
SEN did well considering it was foggy earlier up to and including the 09.20 metar.

Presumably holding dealys for LGW saw the FI470 drop into MAN

SK2535 may be coming in. EI-FPB looks to have done 1 go-round at BHX and ventured north.

FDX6201 is next on the diversion merry go round. Take your pick of MAN or DUB! Meant to headed to STN, diverted to EMA but a few go-rounds later, it's near us.

makes sense but I do wonder if the natural inclination to turn down a request will have to be overridden,

I think the number of any diversions will be extremely limited for now due to space. The other issue is that even with strong westerly winds as we had on Saturday but with gusts only up to 35 kts, aircraft sometimes have problems at MAN. On Saturday there were several go-arounds and I gather we lost a couple of flights. We seem to be more susceptible to wind shear than some other airports. I was surprised to see recently some a/c land at LBA with greater crosswind components and gusts at 40kts on a much shorter runway. I don't recall whether it was a wet runway though. Wednesday may well pose problems for MAN as well as other airports.

I am sitting here at LHR at the moment in the middle of a heavy squall, nothing moving much. Previously aircraft have been landing without problems.

Re stand availability for divs etc., things just got alot tighter. There are now FIVE TUI Boeing 737-8MAX grounded at MAN TFN. And there is the possibility that G-TUMF could get dispensation to ferry back to MAN as well. All of them here if so. Meanwhile, TUI will base replacements at MAN to operate the regular programme.

Perhaps MAG will opt for some creative parking for these so they take up less space? They probably won't be called upon for operational service for days or weeks to come. Could make a great photo if they huddle them together in space-saver mode.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock