Good news but not great timing on some of the routes. Hope that doesn’t give BRS the same fate as BHX.
Would have been nice for a couple more routes but good to cement these and see where it leads

Good news but not great timing on some of the routes. Hope that doesn’t give BRS the same fate as BHX.
Would have been nice for a couple more routes but good to cement these and see where it leads
The early departure for Palma is really no different to many easyJet departure times for the first round of rotations of the day and the Ibiza mirrors many of easyJet's timings on the last rotations of the day, so hopefully it should not impact adversely on BACF as it seems not to with easyJet.

Perhaps the question mark over timings is the first Saturday inbound Malaga but it's really a revenue-earning positional flight and again it gets in no later than a number of easyJet, TOM and TCX inbounds in summer.

The timings are pretty good with the exception of IBZ. But even that isn' too bad in comparison to last year' BHX departures, most of which after 2200. Looks like another nightstopper Friday and Saturday. BRS is certainly filling up!

I know it's been discussed before but on fri and sat night is there enough stands available ?

The timings are pretty good with the exception of IBZ. But even that isn' too bad in comparison to last year' BHX departures, most of which after 2200. Looks like another nightstopper Friday and Saturday. BRS is certainly filling up!

I know it's been discussed before but on fri and sat night is there enough stands available ?

One additional stand being constructed this winter and serious rumour has it 2/3 more by summer 19, partly in the area currently occupied by the car park in front of the old terminal building.

Press release on BRS website: https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab...re/2017/11/british-airways-additional-flights

Slightly misleading as it could be taken to read that Ibiza, Palma and Florence are additional routes from next summer. When I did some test bookings yesterday the Florence route was shown as an E170 service as it was last year, but the press release says all flights will be on the E190.

Even More Regional Flights to Holiday Hotspots Next Summer

Created: 30th Nov 2017

British Airways is to increase flights from UK regional airports to some of the top European holiday hotspots in summer 2018

In May this year British Airways launched new summer-only routes from Bristol airport. From May 2018 there will be an extra weekend flight from Bristol to Malaga. Additional summer routes include flights from Bristol to Ibiza, Palma and Florence.

Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager customer and commercial, said:
“Following the successful launch of our regional flying this year we are delighted to resume flights from these three important UK airports next summer. We have looked at what our customers want and have altered our schedule to provide improved departure times and the extra flights and capacity on the most popular routes.”

Nigel Scott, Business Development Director, Bristol Airport said:
"We are delighted with the announcement British Airways will add an additional Malaga flight to the summer schedule from Bristol Airport.

"Ibiza, Palma, Malaga and Florence are popular destinations and offer passengers from the south west and wales region a wider choice of flights."

Each way fares from Bristol to Palma from £50. They are on sale now on www.ba.com

All flights operate on modern Embraer 190 jet aircraft, with spacious cabins and two abreast seating allowing every customer to have an aisle or window seat.

Customers travelling in the airline’s Club Europe cabin receive complimentary food and drinks on board, a generous free baggage allowance and free seat selection and online check-in.

The FLR will still be a W pattern, the inbound 7018 will night stop and operate the 7021 the following day.

Launch of more than 20,000 summer seats from Bristol
Created: 10th May 2018

British Airways begins one of its busiest summers ever in the UK regions next week with the launch of additional frequency and capacity on popular leisure routes from Bristol Airport.

ba-s18-656x193.ashx

The addition of two new Embraer 190 jets to the growing aircraft fleet means that more than 20,000 seats will be on sale from Bristol to some of the most popular leisure destinations in Europe, an increase of 20 per cent compared to last year.

There is an extra weekend flight from Bristol to Palma, as well as flights to Florence, Ibiza and Malaga.

In May last year British Airways launched new summer-only routes from Bristol Airport after an absence of 10 years.

Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager customer and commercial, said:

“We are growing our summer schedule from five regional airports, including Bristol, to destinations that our customers tell us they want to fly to. Last year we almost doubled the number of routes we operated and this year we continue to add even more destinations and an additional 36,000 seats from the UK regions.”

Nigel Scott, Business Development Director, Bristol Airport said:

“It is really positive to see British Airways return for a second summer season and operating additional flights from Bristol Airport. This summer builds on the success of last summer season, when we welcomed the return of British Airways after a break of ten years. The routes are already proving popular and further extends the choice of destinations available to passengers in the region.’

All regional flights operate on modern Embraer jets with a choice of Club Europe and Euro Traveller cabins and two-abreast seating so that every customer can have either a window or aisle seat.

Bristol Airport

Is the timetables in the process of being changed because I can only see on sale a once weekly Palma service not two that the press release quotes above ?

Is the timetables in the process of being changed because I can only see on sale a once weekly Palma service not two that the press release quotes above ?
Malaga is the route that operates 2 x weekly this year.

The aircraft arrives at 0245 hours on Saturdays from Malaga on a revenue-earning flight, performs rotations to Palma, Malaga and Ibiza on Saturdays before returning to Malaga at 0605 on Sundays with another revenue-earning flight. The Florence flight is flown by another aircraft that flies to BRS first before returning to Florence, also on Saturdays.

This was in the original timetable for summer 2018 and the booking engine still shows it as such.

So if it stays the same then the press release is incorrect ?
That would seem to be the case. Short of a major rehash of the entire programme the only change that would have a limited effect would be for the aircraft to come in from PMI instead of AGP in the early hours of Saturday and return there early on Sunday morning instead of to AGP as currently shown. It's very late in the day for that sort of change and anyway the BA website is still showing the programme I highlighted above.

The reason why I mention there must be changes afoot is that the times of the Palma flight have been changed and I cannot find a way of getting details of the Ibiza flight.

Up until recently an E190 was scheduled to operate:
Friday:
LCY 20:30 - AGP 00:25* //
Saturday:
// AGP 01:05 - BRS 02:45
BRS 06:15
- PMI 09:40 // PMI 10:25 - BRS 11:55
BRS 12:45
- AGP 16:25 // AGP 17:15 - BRS 19:00
BRS 19:45
- IBZ 23:10 // IBZ 23:55 - BRS 01:20*
Sunday:
BRS 06:25 - AGP 10:05 // AGP 10:50 - LCY 12:45

An E170 is due to operate FLR-BRS-FLR using a weekend based FLR aircraft.

Marko1 is correct as since the original schedule (above), the flight times for the morning BRS-PMI-BRS on the Saturday have now moved a couple of hours later which clashes with the afternoon BRS-AGP-BRS. More schedule changes are obviously coming!

Yes Ibiza is not available to book from early July so I wonder if aircraft no.2 will be arriving then ?

The reason why I mention there must be changes afoot is that the times of the Palma flight have been changed and I cannot find a way of getting details of the Ibiza flight.
I've now looked again which is a bit of a pain because I find the BA website very slow.

When I first looked I used the weekends of the 9 and 16 June for out and back.

The inbound from Malaga on the Saturday left AGP at 0105 and arrived BRS 0245.

The aircraft then flew to Palma and back (0600-0920:1005-1135), then to Malaga and back (1245-1625:1720-1900) and finally to Ibiza and back (1945-2305:2345-0110 on Sun). It then returned to Malaga on the Sunday (0625-1010).

I've now looked at 7 July with the Palma showing 0835-1210:1245-1415 and a test booking for Ibiza showing no IBZ flights on that day. However Ibiza is shown on the timetable operating through the summer.

And as has been said, the PMI is shown 0835-1415 after June which overlaps the AGP 1245-1900.

My head is beginning to ache.

Ibiza still not available to book for July onwards. Malaga now been moved to later on sale afternoon . And ideas what's happening ?

Ibiza still not available to book for July onwards. Malaga now been moved to later on sale afternoon . And ideas what's happening ?
The only rational explanation is that Ibiza has been withdrawn from July onwards but are airlines always rational? BRS-IBZ is still shown as operating through the entire summer on the BA web site timetable, hence my comment about being rational. The fact that it isn't possible to book via the BA web engine after June means they must be losing bookings to other airlines/airports if it's merely 'a glitch in the system'.

When airlines and airports make a big fanfare of routes they too often say nothing when the route is withdrawn and would-be punters who had been aware of the fanfare are left to scratch their heads when they later try to book the route. The press release appears to be wrong anyway as it's Malaga that's been increased in frequency from last year, not Palma - at least not yet unless that's another glitch.

Do people still paid for these sorts of c*ock-ups?

Do people still paid for these sorts of c*ock-ups?
Well it sure looks like it.
I might be wrong with my thoughts as well.

Thanks everyone. I just think that you release a new press release. It contains one major error already and another route that disappears just as real summer kicks in. Either it's a complete shambles or there's more to come ...

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock