I was just thinking the same to be honest. There's got to be more to come from the big two surely ?

Better timings than at BHX. Some rumblings of discontent can be seen on their forum (despite one member calculating these routes will make 47 new routes for the year!). Their Malaga flight lands at 2:25am apparently, although I haven't checked this.
It also helps passenger and aircraft flows with these flights being out of the airport's peak times.

Thats approx 10,000 extra passengers for Bristol 2017. Need much more for 8 million target. Like many dreamliner loads.
I was just thinking the same to be honest. There's got to be more to come from the big two surely ?

In December Conns757 said I'd not captured all the growth from the incumbent carriers in my passenger total projection for 2017 when I was sceptical about breaching the 8 million barrier. He said that level would be achieved 'easily'.

January to March should give a good start. BRS saw rises of over 14% and over 22% in November and December respectively. Airports that have announced figures for January (BRS is still not among them) report spectacular percentage gains in a number of cases. If BRS sees 'only' 10% gains in January, February and March that would amount to an extra 130,000 passengers over the same period in 2016. I'd be expecting more than this - 150,000 at least.

The additional easyJet aircraft would bring in another 100,000 at a conservative estimate. If so there would probably be a need to find another 100,000 or so from somewhere to get to 8 mppa.

Conns757 is obviously confident about it. I can't see him saying so publicly if there was a doubt.

What is certain is that we shan't see the growth of 2016 when the airport saw over 750,000 more passengers than in 2015. 2015 saw 450,000 more than 2014 so that's what we might be looking at in 2017. I am always cautious and consistently underestimate, hence the friendly little rebukes I get from Conns757 from time to time.

Summer 2017

A poster on the DP says that Malaga, Palma and Ibiza will be operated by 98-seat E190 aircraft and Florence by 76-seat E170s.

anna.aero, the aviation analysts, interviewed Alex Cruz, British Airways chairman and CEO, this week. One of the questions concerned BA CityFlyer:

BA will be beginning new flights to Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol this summer. How are these new services performing in regards to sales? Could we see more expansion from the UK regions in the near future?”

Alex Cruz replied: “BA CityFlyer, based at London City Airport, will indeed be operating from Birmingham, Manchester, even Dublin this summer. It is the continuation of the project that we started last year from Stansted. We are very pleased with the results of that small but interesting operation from Stansted, so we are going to expand it to some other cities, but we will wait and see.

It looks as though he forgot about BRS, or possibly has never heard of it.

Full interview at http://www.anna.aero/2017/04/10/anna-aero-speaks-alex-cruz-ceo-british-airways/

BA CityFlyer flights start on Saturday week. I saw a glossy advert (one of those that revolves with other adverts) on a bus stop display board at Whiteladies Road, Clifton today. It's the first time I've seen the services advertised publicly like this but that doesn't mean that they haven't been of course.

The location of this advert might give an idea of the type of passenger they are trying to attract.:cigar:

Incidentally, given the controversy over the name of the Colston Hall (commemorates a Bristol philanthropist who was also involved in the slave trade) the street name Whiteladies Road (a major artery from the central area to The Downs) is supposed to relate to a nearby site of an order of nuns who wore white habits - hundreds of years ago.

Have seen further 'glossy' adverts for BACF on bus stops in the city.

For anyone interested Mayfly shows the following arrivals/departures for this coming Saturday:

Florence arrive 1225 depart 1310 E70
Ibiza 1510 1555 E90
Malaga 1515 1600 E90
Palma 1545 1630 E90

Both the Malaga and Ibiza flights today were around 40 mins late departing ! not a good start , does anyone know why ?

Both the Malaga and Ibiza flights today were around 40 mins late departing ! not a good start , does anyone know why ?
Flow control?

The Malaga arrived BRS at 1504 (11 early). It got to Malaga at 2010 local (30 late)
The Ibiza arrived BRS at 1521 (11 late). It got to Ibiza at 1953 local (38 late)
The Palma arrived BRS 1557 (12 late). It got to Palma at 2012 local (17 late)

The Florence arrived there 17 minutes early so small mercies. Incidentally, on the Florence Airport arrivals page Bristol is the only airport with its country shown , ie Bristol UK. All other arrivals have the name of departure airport without country. Presumably they'd never heard of Bristol and thought that no-one else had either.

A piece about the new BACF routes at BRS appeared in an Exeter newspaper a day or two ago.

A BA spokesman said, "British Airways has not flown from outside of London for about 10 years now and Bristol has a great catchment, serving the South West and Wales. We already know that we have a number of customers who travel to Heathrow to use our services so we see this as a good opportunity to come back into the market. We are hoping that these routes will fare well and as long as they do we will be looking to grow."

He also said key to British Airways' decision to return to Bristol was the £160million infrastructure investment that has taken place over the past seven years.

Full article at http://www.devonlive.com/british-ai...ould-be-next/story-30342392-detail/story.html

Nice picture on BRS twit page of three of the four BA E190s parked side by side.

Airport press release re the start of the BACF flights.

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab...entre/2017/5/british-airways-inaugural-flight

British Airways Flights Take Off From Bristol Again
Created: 20th May 2017

When flight BA7017 took off from Bristol Airport for Florence, Italy today (20th May) it marked a significant return to regional flying for British Airways.

170522-ba-inaugural-flight-image-banner.ashx

It was the first of four new regional routes launched from Bristol this weekend and the first time British Airways’ colours have been seen at the airport for a decade.

Bristol Airport ensured there was a party atmosphere for the first flight by providing Italian themed Bellinis, biscotti and cup cakes for customers checking-in for all the new British Airways services.

The inaugural British Airways service to Florence was the first of the new routes to take off followed by flights to the popular Spanish sunspots of Malaga, Ibiza and Palma providing more than 17,000 seats to the sun from Bristol this summer.

Flights will be operated at weekends by modern Embraer 190 jet aircraft, with Eurotraveller and Club Europe cabins and two abreast seating so everyone can have an aisle or window seat. Low each way fares from £45 available on www.ba.com

Alex Cruz, British Airways CEO and chairman, said: "We continue our regional growth following the successful launch of services from Stansted last year. Now we are flying from Bristol once again we are excited about the future opportunities.”

Luke Hayhoe, British Airways' general manager commercial and customer, who worked at Bristol Airport for British Airways’ former subsidiary Brymon Airways for almost three years, returned to the airport today to wave off the first flight.

He said: "It feels really good to be back in Bristol where I worked early on in my career and which holds happy memories for me. This weekend marks the start of a very busy summer for us in the UK regions and we are very excited to be returning to Bristol after a 10-year gap.

“Florence is a brand new city to be served from Bristol Airport and is proving to be very popular with customers alongside our flights to three of the most sought-after Spanish destinations”

Pete Downes, Head of Aviation, Bristol Airport said: "It is an exciting day seeing the return of British Airways flights to Bristol Airport. Passengers on the first Florence flight joined in the celebrations at check-in to mark the event, which all added to the special atmosphere.

“The response from customers in the region since the flights went on sale has been fantastic, and we’re very proud that British Airways has chosen to come back to Bristol, further enhancing the range of flights and destinations we now offer passengers from their local airport.”

170522-ba-inaugural-flight-image-3.ashx

Early signs are that the routes will continue in summer 2018. The BA booking engine only goes as far as 25 May next year but BRS (and BHX and MAN) are shown as operating on 19 May which is the only Saturday within the period that the booking engine currently covers.

Early signs are that the routes will continue in summer 2018. The BA booking engine only goes as far as 25 May next year but BRS (and BHX and MAN) are shown as operating on 19 May which is the only Saturday within the period that the booking engine currently covers.
Booking availability now extends to 2 June 2018. It looks as though BA is booking 12 months ahead and that the BRS routes (and the otherUK routes) will become available for next summer week by week as this summer progresses.

I saw a large advert on the side of a First Bristol bus today for the BACF services at BRS. I can't remember seeing one before. Not sure whether this might suggest that the route needs a little help or if it's just good communication to keep BACF at BRS in the public eye.

Hopefully the latter, because the flights are now bookable next summer until the end of June in the 11-month booking cycle.

A pax on the bhx service tweeted they had 9 pax on flight into bhx from pmi so it looks like low loads on pmi out of bhx. About 2 weeks ago 21 pax on the bhx pmi service and pax were told to help their selves to snacks and soft drinks. Not looking good them loads. Do we have any idea what the loads out of brs are like. The info came from a poster on dried plum.

With BHX the timings could be the problem as they are extremely late departures. I'm surprised that BA are operating places like PMI considering the competition on them. I'd have thought that for once a week flights regional Italy Spain or France would be better.

Booking availability now extends to 2 June 2018. It looks as though BA is booking 12 months ahead and that the BRS routes (and the otherUK routes) will become available for next summer week by week as this summer progresses.

Can we book using Avios on BACF?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock