City of Derry Airport

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
  • Admin

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall
I am happy to see Flybmi adding a new route to Manchester from Derry. I hope there is more to come like to ether Birmingham or Bristol. (https://www.derrynow.com/news/flybmi-new-derry-manchester-flight-open-soon/266692)

I am also hoping that Loganair will add more flights to EDI & new routes to Aberdeen, Carlisle & London Southend. Hell even Waterford or Cork.

Glad to see that the Titan A321 charter to Iceland also did well, with the jet almost full. Maybe Derry can also focuse of charter flights like this if it is that good.

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
LDY seems to be on a bit of a roll since Loganair arrived. Apparently they are planning a new route to EMA.

As a BHX follower I have to wonder whether a LDY route is something the RD team are looking at and whether an opportunity is being lost here.

Credit to EMA though if they pull it off.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Am I having a "senior moment" or does this article have anybody else confused? They talk about needing £6m to keep the airport operating beyond 2021, however the they then appear to be referring to the cost of the PSO, which currently is 100pc subsidised by government but will be reduced to 50pc. My understanding therefore is that the cost of subsidising the air service is what is actually being discussed and not the cost of keeping the airport open.

Any other view points appreciated.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Sounds like they could be after money for both. Money for the airport itself and the PSO route.

Top Bottom