TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
I am happy to see Flybmi adding a new route to Manchester from Derry. I hope there is more to come like to ether Birmingham or Bristol. (https://www.derrynow.com/news/flybmi-new-derry-manchester-flight-open-soon/266692)

I am also hoping that Loganair will add more flights to EDI & new routes to Aberdeen, Carlisle & London Southend. Hell even Waterford or Cork.

Glad to see that the Titan A321 charter to Iceland also did well, with the jet almost full. Maybe Derry can also focuse of charter flights like this if it is that good.

LDY seems to be on a bit of a roll since Loganair arrived. Apparently they are planning a new route to EMA.

As a BHX follower I have to wonder whether a LDY route is something the RD team are looking at and whether an opportunity is being lost here.

Credit to EMA though if they pull it off.

Am I having a "senior moment" or does this article have anybody else confused? They talk about needing £6m to keep the airport operating beyond 2021, however the they then appear to be referring to the cost of the PSO, which currently is 100pc subsidised by government but will be reduced to 50pc. My understanding therefore is that the cost of subsidising the air service is what is actually being discussed and not the cost of keeping the airport open.

Any other view points appreciated.

Sounds like they could be after money for both. Money for the airport itself and the PSO route.

Loganair re connects Derry to Liverpool, flights began on 25 May 2021.

City of Derry to Liverpool flights get underway​

27/05/2021 News Written by: Nick Harding
2 minute read
RELATED TOPICS:CITY OF DERRY AIRPORTLIVERPOOL AIRPORTNORTHERN IRELAND

Flights between City of Derry and Liverpool launched this week
Flights between City of Derry and Liverpool launched this week
Tuesday (25th May) saw the launch of flights between City of Derry Airport (LDY/EGAE) and Liverpool (LPL/EGGP) by the UK’s largest regional airline, Loganair (LM/LOG).
Loganair stepped in to operate the popular route after it was dropped by Irish budget airline Ryanair (FR/RYR).
Operating four times per week on a Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it offers a service for business users and also for leisure travellers to explore the two cities.
Speaking at the launch, Loganair’s Chief Executive Jonathan Hinkles said: “It’s wonderful to celebrate their superb efforts today by re-doubling our commitment to City of Derry’s air links which we firmly believe augurs well for the future.”
The future security of the route operation has been welcomed by local business leaders. Paul Clancy, Chief Executive Londonderry Chamber of Commerce said: “Maintaining air links between our regional airport and the rest of the UK is crucial for our regional economy. Securing the route between City of Derry and Liverpool is welcome news for businesses and leisure travellers. We congratulate Loganair on their new venture and ongoing commitment to City of Derry Airport.”
Flights between Derry and Liverpool launched this weekFlights between Derry and Liverpool launched this week
Steve Frazer, Managing Director City of Derry Airport (CODA) added: “We are very pleased that Loganair has re-established this important route for CODA which we are confident will play a key role in supporting our regional economy.”
Fares on the route start at £44.99 one way with hand baggage and hold luggage allowance included. As a full-service airline, Loganair also includes refreshments served on board.

( From UK Aviation news )

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock