Favourite Aircraft Type and Why

• Total voters
What is your favourite aircraft type and why? Is it aesthetics/sound/size/comfort etc.?

Please choose up to three aircraft type in the poll and then explain why? If the one you want isn't in the poll, just say in the comments section. Hopefully we can get some good discussion. I will be doing mine later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the 757-200 for me but that isn't based on what it should be base it on in a passenger Flyer Talk forum. My decision is based purely on the aircraft elegance and nostalgia rather than comfort.

Non of the above for me as the seating is 3x3_or even worse. 2x2 or 2x1 is far superior, so Embraer are a favoured supplier. The Fokker 70_is very pleasant on the 2 seat side.
The Jetstream can offer an enjoyable flight if it is not too windy.
I do draw the line at the Shorts 360!

Great to see some replies. Any reason is fine e.g. aesthetics, sound, history as frequent flyers will decide their aircraft preferrations on many things. Great point r.e. ERJ 190 etc. I couldn't fit all in on the poll, including A340-600 which I suspect may be the favourite for some.

Delta's A330s I much prefer them to KLMs 747 and 787s. They have a 2 4 2 arrangement in economy and their seats are more comfortable and they have more legroom. Also I like the E170/E175 nice little aircraft and Alaska's 737s as they have good legroom in economy.

Nope - they do use them to Canada - YVR, YEG, YYC, YUL and selected YYZ. Otherwise in North America, they serve IAD/MIA/MSP. I believe Delta's A330s are also quite new and have modern cabins so I imagine they are very nice. I love Delta's livery also ;)

Last edited:
My favourite aircrafts are the Boeing 777-200ER/-300ER (as long as it is in a 3-3-3 economy configuration) as I admire and adore the noise of the GE-90 engines and the majesty but plain look of the aircraft.

I do also like the 787-9 and A350-900 aesthetically but haven't flown on them. I happen to be flying from LHR-CDG tomorrow on the AF789 in Premium Economy so that will be a trip report!

I like the A330 as a 'go anywhere' aircraft - the 332 has long ranges and can fly as far as Cape Town, for example, the 333 is perfect for transatlantic and middle eastern flying and has just the right amount of capacity, but they are often used as regional aircraft in Asia and do the odd domestic USA route/European summer route. I also think that they are extremely comfortable and I fly them often between UK and Philadelphia (AA).

787 for me....like the large windows. But all time favorite is VC10, then MD 11 then A340. Flown on them all but not the VC10 unfortunately. Oh I forgot The Caravelle ....which I did fly on once from Heathrow to Split on JAT

Last edited:
Where are all our frequent flyers? I would have thought we'd have had conclusive vote on this topic.

I think the 'era' of beautiful aircraft has sadly passed. The evolution of the market and it's driving forces have dictated the design of aircraft, into a pretty standard 2 engine design, sometimes only distinguishable due to cockpit windows and nose shape.
The beauty of the DC-10, Tristar, L-1011 and 747's is (i think) where all our faves lie, the 60's and 70's design era produced some amazing aircraft as the competing companies tried new ways to build the next version of the future.

Today's aircraft boast much cleaner lines and sleeker profiles, with two engines traditonally placed under wing, of this genre i have to vote for the A350 and 787, although neither are truly exciting..

I think the 'era' of beautiful aircraft has sadly passed. The evolution of the market and it's driving forces have dictated the design of aircraft, into a pretty standard 2 engine design, sometimes only distinguishable due to cockpit windows and nose shape.
The beauty of the DC-10, Tristar, L-1011 and 747's is (i think) where all our faves lie, the 60's and 70's design era produced some amazing aircraft as the competing companies tried new ways to build the next version of the future.

Today's aircraft boast much cleaner lines and sleeker profiles, with two engines traditonally placed under wing, of this genre i have to vote for the A350 and 787, although neither are truly exciting..

I tend to agree, I think aircraft types are less interesting these days. I used to love seeing the DC10s, 727s and Tristars.

Very true but I think Ethan's intention was to get an idea of the best modern aircraft for comfort. For instance, I know someone commented this week that the A321 was quieter than the A320 in the cabin.

A friend of mine flew to Mexico from Manchester with TUI on one of their 787s earlier in the year. He said the so-called "dreamliner" was rickety and falling to pieces and not the quality we were all lead to believe it was.

A friend of mine flew to Mexico from Manchester with TUI on one of their 787s earlier in the year. He said the so-called "dreamliner" was rickety and falling to pieces and not the quality we were all lead to believe it was.
I've never flown on a TUI one but have on a KLM 787 and that was an excellent aircraft and a very good flight. It was a pretty young aircraft though. Are the TUI ones some of the older ones?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock