I noticed on the local tv news this weekend that Eastern had operated a Christmas flight from BRS around the area for youngsters from the South West Children's Hospice - I think that bmi regional and Thomas Cook, amongst others, have done this sort of thing in the past.

Mayfly shows it operated on Friday afternoon and was on an E170 which was certainly the type shown on the telly news report.

I presume the aircraft was flown in specially because Eastern operates E145s on the Airbus corporate shuttle to Toulouse and Hawarden.

As a matter of interest, does Eastern have a crew base at BRS or are crews rotated through?

I did notice 1 day last week a E170 came in from tls. it was late in the afternoon,so I can only guess it did the shuttle that day.
Is this 3 years the airbus shuttle moved to brs , or is it 2 years. either way time flies.

I did notice 1 day last week a E170 came in from tls. it was late in the afternoon,so I can only guess it did the shuttle that day.
Is this 3 years the airbus shuttle moved to brs , or is it 2 years. either way time flies.
Time flies even quicker than that.:eek:

The Filton runway closed at the end of 2012 so the Airbus corporate shuttle from BRS is approaching the end of its fourth year. The first three years at BRS were operated by bmi regional of course.

Thank you Simon.

Cant find a thread for eastern in the BRS pages.
With the tie up between Eastern and Flybe do we think there will be any changes to the airbus shuttles,or if they will continue with the eastern airline.
How long is the contract duration on the airbus shuttles.Also I wonder when the contract is due for renewal if eastern will bid for it.
It makes me wonder if BMIR had got the contract how much more problems they would have,because with a contract with airbus they have to run when they due to operate.
The eastern E145 seem to be doing all right,never hear of any problems with aircraft or operation of routes.

I found an existing Eastern Airways thread in the BRS forum and have merged your post with it. TLY.

It would be interesting to have seen how bmir would have coped with the Airbus Corporate Shuttle had they been successful in renewing the contract. Either some new aircraft would have had to be sourced or they would presumably not have been able to expand their route as they have done this year, although there has been no expansion at BRS.

I don't know the length of the current Eastern contract.

It's been posted on the other forum that Eastern have lost the Airbus shuttle contract. Doesn't say who too though.

It's been posted on the other forum that Eastern have lost the Airbus shuttle contract. Doesn't say who too though.
Back to flybmi? They would appear to have one aircraft no longer used on the BRU flights from April (reportedly being taken over by a CityJet RJ85) although I believe the Airbus shuttle schedule calls for two aircraft on occasions.

Back to flybmi? They would appear to have one aircraft no longer used on the BRU flights from April (reportedly being taken over by a CityJet RJ85) although I believe the Airbus shuttle schedule calls for two aircraft on occasions.
The poster has said it's going back to flyBMI.

Have BMIR got any spare aircraft.Sinse they lost the Airbus contract BMIR have started new routes else where to occupy the aircraft. Perhaps they will take over the Eastern ERJ aircraft.
Funny it was talking yesterday about the BA hoardings still had BA routes from BRS showing.I heard a roumor last night that they were taking on the Airbus contract and continue with the summer routes as in years gone by. Nothing is confirmed about who will do the contract but we might be all surprised who will take the contract on.

Teesside

There is a post on the DP saying that Teeside has an air link with Bristol.

The post contains a picture of what appears to be an election leaflet or election advertisement on behalf of the Tees Valley elected mayor who is one of a number of candidates standing in the next mayoral elections in May. The current mayor has been the driver of something of a resurgence of Teesside Airport.

The leaflet/advertisement states:

Mayor Lands New Flights to London, Belfast and Dublin plus Aberdeen, Newquay, Bristol and Southampton.

It does not include the recently-introduced Teesside-Cardiff route so I wonder if someone has confused the two airports. That doesn't account for the leaflet including Newquay where, to my knowledge, no Teesside route has been announced.

I cannot see the need or justifcation for a Teesside-Bristol route. easyJet operates to nearby Newcastle so how many people would fly to/from Teesside from/to BRS? Eastern tried a Teesside route from BRS in 2005-2006 and it didn't last long. They were unable to compete with easyJet up the road, so what's changed? Nothing in my opinion.

I've put this post in the BRS Eastern thread as it's the airline that has been starting most of the new Teesside routes.

I would guess that it’s a misspeak somewhere. I can’t see that route returning somehow

I would guess that it’s a misspeak somewhere. I can’t see that route returning somehow
Perhaps the mayor's people think that CWL is Bristol (Cardiff) Airport - I'm standing by for a metaphorical clip around the ear from Jerry. o_O

Perhaps the mayor's people think that CWL is Bristol (Cardiff) Airport - I'm standing by for a metaphorical clip around the ear from Jerry. o_O
I wouldn't be surprised if they did think that! And many probably don't have a clue as to where Cardiff is!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did think that! And many probably don't have a clue as to where Cardiff is!
I think that Cardiff, with its capital city cachet and its rugby, is better known around the world than Bristol despite the latter's thousand-year history and its status along with York and Norwich as England's main provincial city for hundreds of years prior to the Industrial Revolution.

As long ago as the 1950s Sir John Betjeman (although he wasn't a knight then) was writing that Bristol (his favourite English city) was a city that kept itself very much to itself.

Not a lot has changed in that regard. Only last week Steve Lansdown, Bristol City FC's billionaire owner, expressed his frustration that Bristol as a city does not push itself enough.

I think that Cardiff, with its capital city cachet and its rugby, is better known around the world than Bristol despite the latter's thousand-year history and its status along with York and Norwich as England's main provincial city for hundreds of years prior to the Industrial Revolution.
I don't know a few times during work I've had to explain where Cardiff is and where Wales is! Lol

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock