was it pretty much a Spain Italy split between Cardiff and Bristol?
There was 6 Iberia flights on Friday and Saturday. 3 A321s and 3 A340s but mostly it was Italy flights for CWL. A lot of the BRS MAD flights arrived in the early hours of this morning so they must have the spare stands to cope with it.

was it pretty much a Spain Italy split between Cardiff and Bristol?
There was 6 Iberia flights on Friday and Saturday. 3 A321s and 3 A340s but mostly it was Italy flights for CWL. A lot of the BRS MAD flights arrived in the early hours of this morning so they must have the spare stands to cope with it.

Thanks. Interesting as early hours is when you see all of the overnighters in so you would think most stands would be full? Either way, great spectacle I would inagine.
It would be nice to get a definitive list of airlines and aircraft that arrived for the football over the last couple of days

Thanks. Interesting as early hours is when you see all of the overnighters in so you would think most stands would be full? Either way, great spectacle I would inagine.
It would be nice to get a definitive list of airlines and aircraft that arrived for the football over the last couple of days
They probably had to play some musical aircraft at BRS but they've had a while to plan it and they recently opened up 3 new stands if i remember correctly.
Would the Mayfly have the required information?

The football flights from Madrid did not begin to arrive until 0310 this morning which was after all the BRS normal night stoppers were back in or should have been. I've not checked to see if they were. On Sunday morning the return flights to MAD begin to leave at 0130 at which time nine of the normal BRS night stoppers will still be out on their travels.

Nevertheless, it's going to be tight finding room for everyone. Perhaps someone working at BRS might be able to enlighten us.

It must be one of the busiest periods in BRS history. Typically in peak summer there are between 100 and 110 arrivals and the same number of departures every 24 hours. Mayfly is showing 133 departures tomorrow including the football flights. I haven't included positioning flights.

It was a full compliment of based aircraft. 2BMI north side the other 3 were parked south side and towed over as the day went on. 3EZY on the new stands. 37-39, plus 2 parked in the cup-de-sac the towed to stands when free.

When the 3 wide body's were on the ground the 787 parked as usual on stand 26, the 767 straddled stands 24-25 and the A330 parked on 23, however it's wings overhung stand 22, making that redundant, but the aircraft were parked with some distance between them.

It did make me think that when the reconfigured 21-26 last month why they didn't make 3 widebody stands with smaller inner stands like they do at LHR,LGW,MAN etc. And could have still had stand 22 to use.

Last edited:
First time they had B787,A330 andB767 on the ground at the same time. Did any one get any pictures of the apron with these aircrafts. Seems everyone on shift had a busy time and not heard of any major problems. I would like to say everyone did a very good job in their own roles of work.Shows airport can handle events like this and no doubt the airport has learned a lot from this weekend.Well done and good job to all concearned.

Some good videos now on YouTube of the Saturday charters.. great to see some bigger aircraft, namely the air Europe and vamos 330's.. it does give you a glimpse of what bristol can do and could deal with.
I wish vuelling would give bristol a crack on a few selected routes.. They have a good network and seem to challenge other loco's well from elsewhere. Would be nice to see some other airlines on a more frequent basis..

I wish vuelling would give bristol a crack on a few selected routes.
They seem to be scaling back their UK operations and I can't see them going up against EZY and FR or opening up routes which could effect their CWL flights.

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab...hampions-league-record-high-passenger-figures

BRS press release re weekend's football flights and passenger numbers.

Champions League Final Takes Passenger Figures To Record High

Created: 5th Jun 2017

An extra 15,000 passengers used Bristol Airport over the weekend (Friday 2 June until Sunday 4 June) en route to the UEFA Champions League final in Cardiff – one of the biggest sporting events in the world this year.

In total, over 100,000 passengers flew in and out of Bristol over the course of the weekend, making it the busiest in the Airport’s history.

Over 170,000 fans made the trip to watch Real Madrid take on Juventus on Saturday evening, or simply to join in the Champions League Festival activities based around the city of Cardiff over the weekend.

UEFA followed a ‘two airport strategy’ for the travel arrangements of fans, with Bristol Airport the designated port of entry for followers of Real Madrid, and Cardiff Airport the primary airport for Juventus fans.

Months of planning and preparation went into ensuring those flying in for the final received a warm welcome and were able to continue their onward journey to Cardiff quickly and efficiently.

In total an extra 200 aircraft, including private and corporate jets, scheduled flights and special charter flights, arrived at Bristol Airport bringing supporters into the UK ahead of the match.
Robert Sinclair, Chief Executive Officer, Bristol Airport said:

“We were delighted to work with the Football Association of Wales and other partners on this joint initiative to bring the UEFA Champions League Final to Cardiff, and pleased to play our part in successfully hosting such a high profile event.
“It was a tremendous team effort at Bristol Airport with many of our staff and business partners working together over the weekend to ensure the Real Madrid fans had a great experience, whilst reducing disruption to all of our other passengers.”

Having invested more than £160 million in new infrastructure and facilities since 2010, Bristol Airport is well positioned to serve passengers across the South West of the UK, and also provides a gateway to the region for international visitors. This has resulted in the Airport being rated number one in the UK for overall customer satisfaction by ASQ, the benchmarking programme run by Airports Council International.

Throughout 2017, Bristol Airport will be celebrating 60 years at its current site. As well as looking back on a rich aviation history, work will begin on an updated Master Plan which will consider how best to meet growing demand for air travel to and from the South West and South Wales over the next two decades. The views of customers, employees, neighbours and others stakeholders will be vital in helping to shape the Airport’s vision for the future.

Some good videos now on YouTube of the Saturday charters.. great to see some bigger aircraft, namely the air Europe and vamos 330's.. it does give you a glimpse of what bristol can do and could deal with.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock