Excellent as usual, Jerry.

Great to see some activity at CWL after the last few weeks of few airline movements. You must be very pleased to have been able to return with your camera. It now needs some positive airline news for the airport.

Excellent as usual, Jerry.

Great to see some activity at CWL after the last few weeks of few airline movements. You must be very pleased to have been able to return with your camera. It now needs some positive airline news for the airport.
Yes it was nice bit gutted that I missed the A318 leaving as I went home before it departed.
Hopefully we'll be seeing some more movements from next week!

That must have been one of G-BYGC's shortest ever flights. Great pictorial record of her departure.

When the 747 first came into service over 50 years ago I didn't have much interest in aviation for its own sake but the aircraft altered the concept of mass long-haul flying for half a century. I did quite a few B747 transatlantic flights with both KLM and Northwest Airlines to/from such airports as Vancouver, Minneapolis and Detroit. By the late 90s KLM had switched to MD11s on my later journeys on the Amsterdam-Vancouver route.

Flight time was about 20 minutes as she looped over the channel and then Cardiff and to the north of the airport and could see her just about on approach to St Athan from crash gate 2. It literally is end of an era and a sad day but still a good day as I got to meet face to face a few people I've conversed with on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- over a few years and aviation celebrity youtuber Sam Chui.
I've got plenty more photos to come that I'll add over the next few days including a nice little bonus!

Cardiff Airport has uploaded this photo on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- and Instagram of the sunset that was sent to them.
Just a shame that the photo is actually taken at Bristol Airport, not CWL!!
View attachment 21448

There is an easier way to share Twitter posts. At the bottom of the Tweet you'll see:- Reply | ReTweet | Like | Share - click on share then select copy link to Tweet. All you need to do then is paste it into your forum post page. Right click and select paste.

This was from ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-

I'm sure they posted that on twitter this morning but it looks like it's been taken down! Definitely a woops moment! Lol

The CWL ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- people don't know what their own airport looks like?

Incidentally, are there really 'lush' sunsets at CWL given that the runway facing the sea points to the south-east?

I bet you enjoyed that. Excellent pics as always. What is the aircraft shown in the third picture from the top?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock