Southern Italy is a popular holiday destination not just for city breaks but beaches as well and Naples is a cruise port with TUI basing at least one ship there. Do TUI operate Naples from BHX?

Yes they do Jerry, TUI are currently the only airline that serves BHX-NAP

However I really would love to know how airlines make these decisions, do they just stick a pin on a map and pick routes that way ? How did they come to the conclusion that Naples is a good route to serve from BHX ?

A few other routes look to have been planned but for whatever reason have fallen by the wayside. Whether permanently or just temporarily remains to be seen. I guess NAP was part of the whole package but it doesn't really fit with the others which were city destinations :unsure:

Do TUI operate Naples from BHX?

TUi 3x weekly
Jet2 2x weekly

However I really would love to know how airlines make these decisions, do they just stick a pin on a map and pick routes that way ? How did they come to the conclusion that Naples is a good route to serve from BHX ?

Something you have to bear in mind about all these easyJet routes is that they're not being served from the BHX end.

In other words, easyJet aren't asking which routes would be good to serve from BHX, but is BHX a good route to serve from NAP (or wherever).

It might sound pedantic, but it will have been a team looking at what routes to serve from Naples that chose BHX, rather than a team looking at what routes to serve from BHX that chose NAP.

Thanks for this information Thunderchild, so BHX will have x 3 airlines on BHX -NAP :wideyed:

With the following airports having x flights per week to Naples:

MAN: 11 flights per week
LTN: 9 flights per week
BRS: 6 flights per week

BHX going from 5 to 7 flights per week will hardly be too much capacity.

Something you have to bear in mind about all these easyJet routes is that they're not being served from the BHX end.

In other words, easyJet aren't asking which routes would be good to serve from BHX, but is BHX a good route to serve from NAP (or wherever).

It might sound pedantic, but it will have been a team looking at what routes to serve from Naples that chose BHX, rather than a team looking at what routes to serve from BHX that chose NAP.

With the following airports having x flights per week to Naples:

MAN: 11 flights per week
LTN: 9 flights per week
BRS: 6 flights per week

BHX going from 5 to 7 flights per week will hardly be too much capacity.

However whether it is the BHX side or the NAP side it is still Easyjet that have picked this route.

Of course with TUI's aircraft shortage we may be looking at a situation where they just replace them. TUI buy a gauranteed number of seats and the rest are cream for Easy. Either way it is a bit underwheliming if this is the Easy expansion. A 2x weekly charter service.
If this was the Norwich or Teeside thread i could understand the excitment but it isn't!

It really could only be BHX..... EasyJet a very successful forward thinking airline decide that Naples is a far better business prospect than Berlin Ams Paris Milan etc.

More routes look to have been 'planned' including the above but for whatever reason now do not seem to be happening, just postponed or whether moment has gone only time will tell.

It would be great to see a nice surprise this week but even just one more route would be something. This time last year we'd have snatched their hands off if easyjet had offered three new routes :)

So we are fast approaching the end of this week and no Easyjet news from any airport, what is going on ?

I read on anothyer forum that due to the awful events in Iran, airlines usually hold fire for a few days to let the dust settle a little before announcing new routes. Is this correct ?

:unsure:

My thoughts are with everybody involved in this tragic event :cry:

I read on another forum that due to the awful events in Iran, airlines usually hold fire for a few days to let the dust settle a little before announcing new routes. Is this correct ?

It could be any from a whole host of reasons but it's not uncommon for announcements to get pushed back. I remember Paul Kehoe commenting that Qatar had delayed the BHX announcement by a week, he didn't give any reasons as to why.

I don't think that we ever heard anything official from easyjet saying there was an announcement this week, it seems to have stemmed from the opinion of someone on another forum? Of course I have know idea how informed they are.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock