Route Development & Rumours

IanFarquharson

Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
Is it April 1st or something, anybody want a laugh.

For the record I ahve no time for these mickey mouse airlines, stick with Air India

I will say no more.

UK base in Birmingham
Hans Airways has applied to the UK Civil Aviation Authority for its Air Operator’s Certificate and is hopeful of obtaining the status in time to start revenue service this summer. The airline will operate to secondary cities in India from Birmingham Airport. Its application for an Operating Licence and Route Licence has already been published by the UK CAA.

Nothing funny about this, it should happen :)
Watch this space

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
I don’t have expectations either way. At least - if they get going - they’ll have an advantage over the previous failed airines since the A330 can fly direct and won’t have to stop in Yerevan or whichever place it was last time.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I don’t have expectations either way. At least - if they get going - they’ll have an advantage over the previous failed airines since the A330 can fly direct and won’t have to stop in Yerevan or whichever place it was last time.

Yerevan, also Bratislava with Air Slovakia on the 757

Remember Krystystan via Bishkek, lol on the Tuplolev

Llandudno

Feb 3, 2019
Llandudno
Hellenic did at least actually manage to fly it …… but just the once
in fact was that our last scheduled 747 Service ?

ah probably didn’t explain myself properly. Yes Hellenic did start the BHX-ATH sector but if I remember correctly, I don’t think they got the permission on the ATH-India sector so it only ever carried BHX-ATH passengers and was very quickly shelved. That’s what I meant by ‘planned’.

thunderchild

Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall
Like Flypop I like to see how this play's out.. Still big demand between the Midlands and India so if they get it right this could mean a more for BHX to India routes later down the line. I just hope they get a booking app and advertise, put it in newspapers, billboards and articles in Midlands Today, Birmingham Mail or Express and star. Make people aware of the new airline and new routes so it gives people another option when they plan to travel to/from India. I like the Hans livery kind of reminds me of Monarch and noting like the some the bland new liveries we been getting over the past few years.

KJAY 786

Oct 4, 2019
BIRMINGHAM
Totally agree Midlands has high demand for USA - Mumbai routes as-well as a Lahore link would be nice then Jeddah and Tel-Aviv hope Hans Air will suceed and show Birmingham on GLOBAL MAP *Fingers Crossed*

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.