rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Posted on another forum by Olton Pete that Eurowings to announce Berlin soon. I think from memory another member posted on here that they had recently applied for slots three or four weekly either way would be good to see another route return.

David_itl

Jan 31, 2016
Think we can confirm there will be zero chance that having Virgin fly out the England team out of BHX would any meaning even if they were impressed, seeing that they appear to have now given up totally on flying out of Gatwick and have said Manchester may grow again sometime in tjhe future. Whilst they were out of Skyteam there may have been a hope but now they've decjded to join them, i'm afraid that DL/AF/KL will be attempting to put the boot in them doing any kind of flying out of the regions other than what is currently offered and to focus those potential passengers to go out of AMS and CDG instead.

IanFarquharson

Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
Think we can confirm there will be zero chance that having Virgin fly out the England team out of BHX would any meaning even if they were impressed, seeing that they appear to have now given up totally on flying out of Gatwick and have said Manchester may grow again sometime in tjhe future. Whilst they were out of Skyteam there may have been a hope but now they've decjded to join them, i'm afraid that DL/AF/KL will be attempting to put the boot in them doing any kind of flying out of the regions other than what is currently offered and to focus those potential passengers to go out of AMS and CDG instead.
There was always a next to zero chance of Virgin coming to BHX we know that they only flew of BHX as the training facility is close and BHX's central location etc.
Virgin obviously take the West Midlands as part of MAN catchment.

andrew.clarkson

Apr 18, 2013
Hi there all, does anyone have any idea of what airlines or route developments that are on the horizon at all, also any airlines interested in long haul flights from bhx to America at all...AndyC

Nethercote2019

Apr 17, 2019
Birmingham
I think I read they were in talks with an airline hoping for 2024 for US flights …. Don’t think it was jet blue as BHX are a long way down their list, also I do hope it’s for flights to a main airport !
I would personally be very very pleased if Icelandair came back soon with their choice of routes

IanFarquharson

Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
I think I read they were in talks with an airline hoping for 2024 for US flights …. Don’t think it was jet blue as BHX are a long way down their list, also I do hope it’s for flights to a main airport !
I would personally be very very pleased if Icelandair came back soon with their choice of routes
Hopefully Play will announce BHX soon which will give us some TATL via KEF exposure

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Norse Air have been operating for quite a while now. They took up the Norwegian routes transatlantic from Gatwick. My nephew used them in September to New York.
Post automatically merged:

Scandinavian upping their CPH BHX service from 6 p/w to 9 p/w from Summer '23, according to SeanM1997.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.