One question for you then Ian, as a time frame, how soon is soon? Is it a matter of days, weeks, months, or is it still up in the air and realistically still anyone's guess

Cheers :)

With all due respect JennyJet i don’t know why information is given/teased if you don’t want questions or at-least some interest

As someone above has said this is just all of us showing some enthusiasm and excitement for once as its been quite dry round here for a while

Please leave the poor chap alone. Information is probably financially and/or legally sensitive thus no further teasers.

A nice bit of unexpected perhaps?
Sorry Jenny but personally i am fed up with the teasers that are supposedly protected by legal/financial restraints.
If the info is so sensitive then should it be hinted at at all?
When a new airline and routes are announced and the poster(s) shout""that's what i was talking about" i will be the first to apologise.
Trouble is this has been going on for 2/3 years now and nobody is shouting.

No problem with curiosity but ,laying siege to someone smacks of tabloid journalist harassment. However, BHX Has a serious public relations deficit that it excites us enough to create a discourse between members.

I simply suggested backing off Ian should he not be in control of information etc.

My comments remain unaltered.

Hi there Jennyjet, I fully agree with you, when the airport makes an announcement, it always decided on the type and how big the announcement is going to be, so I would always say to anyone, just keep looking at the airports website either once or twice a week or wait till it notifies bbc Midlands today, then you'll see how big and important the announcement will be.. Andyc

I think your suggestion that we're somehow 'laying siege' or 'harassing' Ian is completely flawed. This is a public forum, nobody is private messaging or approaching him outside of F4A, he is choosing to post freely on this Forum. He does not have to and can choose not to post on Forums4Airports.

All of the people commenting here appreciate Ian's comments to the highest extent, and as I said before and now repeat we only ask questions out of curiosity and enthusiasm. We all thoroughly understand the information could be/is legally and financially sensitive and we respect that. Ian has the right to answer or ignore any questions he receives on this forum and that is also respected (unlike on other Forum's I've been on might I add). Therefore people can respond as they wish to freely and should not be subjected to such aloft accusations.

My stance on this issue therefore also remains unaltered

I'd also appreciate us getting back onto Route Development & Rumours

After a couple of very rough years I understand the frustrations, we are all eager to see some good news finally and I include myself in that. Once again we have a difference of opinion, some like a little teaser every so often just to know that things are happening whereas it seems as if others may have their frustrations exaggerated by knowing something may be coming but not what. I can totally understand both points of view.

Ian has posted that there may well be some good news coming, a post that will inevitably lead to more questions and it is up to Ian whether he chooses to answer them. As said this is a public forum and as long as it remains within the forum guidelines people are free to post as they wish. If anyone is intrigued by Ian's post then feel free to ask questions, if people are not then ignore it and move on.

Although I give no guarantees, as far as I know Ian's source should be a reliable one so I am hopeful. I'm not sure if Ian's source views this forum but if they do and specifics are posted they will know exactly where the info came from. As I understand it the routes(s) were only approved very recently so it really depends on how fast the airline works to get things up and running. If things move quickly it could be this winter, if not we may be heading into next year.

What I will say is that route development takes time, often a long time. I hate it as much as anyone but that's the way it is. I had word that Air Arabia Maroc were coming to Birmingham (I think I even posted on here) but 12 months on we'd heard nothing, I had given up hope and put it down to bad info. As it was they did finally arrive, a full 18 months after I first heard. Sometimes new airline/route info is passed on but we can still be several months away from an actual launch, which for someone as impatient as me can be torture :)

When an airline is in the planning situation it is/can be very important that details are not
released, as I think I have already said as I know for certain that an airline that was due to come to
Manchester cancelled its plans when it was leaked and also people can be held to account
and lose their job. We know that airlines are talking all the time to various airport but don`t push
the guys that do know something until they are ready to tell

I notice the reference is usually to route (s) which is a bit of a stange way of putting it.

Are we talking about something like a 5th freedom tag here?

Probably many regular BHX forum readers and contributors don't follow the BRS forums closely, but over the years we have had 'teasers' from well-informed members, one of whom I know personally and is in a position to be aware of future route plans there, and another (from the subsequent accuracy of his/her posts) I believe to be similarly well placed.

Quite rightly they never breach confidences but provide sufficient hints to whet appetites of the BRS faithful. I think most of us who follow the BRS threads appreciate these titbits.

Hi there Ray and all, if I were interested in setting up an airline business, how much would you think it would cost me to land and take off from Birmingham Airport then

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock