I have just spoken on the telephone with Kuwait Airways in London, they have told me that the airline has decided to leave Manchester Airport. Kuwait Airways would like me to write an email to explain my thoughts that they should operate direct flights to Birmingham International Airport- that seems to be a great idea the lady is very interested in Birmingham Airport UK. I shall now write the email lets see what happens next; I do hope Kuwait Airways fly Birmingham the city centre has plans to have Kuwaiti Investments to build a new shopping centre with pioneers in Digbeth.

Birmingham international Airport would be a winner with connections, tourism and business sectors with Kuwait Airways.

( I shall email the London Kuwaiti Airways office today and see if they correspond )

Edit: Thank you for contacting Kuwait Airways. Our team will contact you shortly. If you would like to know the status of your comment, you may contact Kuwait Airways by sending an email to [email protected], by providing this Reference No: 202039802

Customer Relations Team
KAC_Logo_Blue.jpg
(copy email confirmation received for sent email- re: Birmingham International Airport)

As far as I'm aware Kuwait have never "served" Manchester on a scheduled basis. They did operate a number of repatriation flights due to Covid-19 and admittedly they also had plans to operate a scheduled service but in these times it is understandable that they have not launched the operation. For an airline "spokesperson" to therefore claim they are leaving Manchester - to use your words - is I believe misleading.

As has been said before, your enthusiasm can in no way be faulted, however I do wonder who you are actually contacting when you are in touch with each and every one of these airlines. Having been employed within the corporate travel industry for all of my working life - 47 years - I'm also well aware of the way that Chinese whisper can be heard and misinterpreted.

Anyway I wish you well as you continue your research into possible new route development - all airport's deserve whatever new services they may gain, and also those they can retain.

I have lived in the region for some years. Kuwait Airways have wanted to serve Manchester for some years but have not had the aircraft. They were to start this summer. They will eventually get to Manchester, possibly next summer, the only issue being whether Jazeera beat them to it. I have never heard Birmingham mentioned, though repatriation flights did include Glasgow.

Sales staff have nothing to do with route planning and there is no point campaigning with them. I too, however, admire the evident enthusiasm for the local airport!

Today I have been busy on the telephone and putting pen to paper as-well as sending emails all to relevant airlines concerning Birmingham International Airport.

I have emailed Mahan Air they are starting flights October 2020 from Copenhagen to Tehran; I have suggested they come back to Birmingham UK with A340 demand and consumer needs are high the largest Iranian Community in the country outside London are settled in the Midlands. Also passenger needs with connections and tourism to Islamic sites in Iran and connections beyond Tehran. Lets see what happens they did well when they flew Birmingham UK if Copenhagen comes back i can see a UK Destination will return. (Iran Air fly Manchester and Heathrow- I have written to them as-well.)

I telephoned Pakistan Air Blue who said that management are new to the airline and in the future they would consider Birmingham UK - i been asked to send a documentation in writing to request Birmingham UK flights that i shall do immediately.

Bangladesh Biman - are aware that Birmingham wants them and said to write to London Office- they seem happy when mentioned Birmingham International Airport. I shall write lets see what happens. I shall also write to Air Lanka as-well, Sri-Lanka and Columbo will be extremely busy for business and love ones also in one world group lets see what these letters I send do for Birmingham international Airport UK.

Excellent stuff KJAY, if one of them results in a service then I shall be delighted. Be sure to inform MAHAN that A346 is sadly not compatible but A343 is. They have had problems with Airbus machines in the past I believe!

I may be out of date but I believe that Mahan remains banned from serving UK because of its links with the IRGC. The ban also applies in a number of EU countries which begs the question over the Copenhagen route. It appears this is a series of one off flights, presumably for repatriation. I do not think regular scheduled route licences would be approved in UK.

Yes I believe that they are still banned and not forgetting when they did operate into BHX the pilots tried to land an A310 in Bickenhill and on the second attempt were too low again until ATC interviend for the second time.

Surely we are not that desperate.

I think that any ongoing sanctions by EU, USA or UN may prevent any new licences to operate directly but perhaps a third party may serve a route but again, sanctions may prevent it.

[I have received correspondence from Mahan Air: ]

Thank you for contacting Mahan Air CRM Department,

I would like to inform you that’s we have received your feedback regarding the flight between IKA- BHX-IKA, your suggestion has been forwarded to the related departments for reviewing and proper action.

Once again thank you for sharing your suggestion with us, looking forward to have you in one of our flights in very soon future.

Best regards,

Ms. A-Ghadirian

CRM Department

Tel: +982148380 (#5)

Fax : +982148382075

E-Mail : [email protected]

I have also had correspondence from Air Arabia - who did serve Morocco from Birmingham international Airport - airline i suggested to also come back and serve Morocco and Sharjah direct from Birmingham International Airport direct with Sharjah will be busy for business, tourism and connections. Let us see what happens during lock down anything new will be good and positive for Birmingham International Airport.

Air Arabia Corresponded:

We appreciate customers who let us know what we should do to improve our service and product offering.
Your comments have been forwarded to the concerned team and, when applicable, we shall try our best to implement them.
Air Arabia is constantly expanding and will be serving to and from new destinations soon but not yet confirmed. Please stay tuned across all our social media platforms for regular updates.
Stay safe

I have also received correspondence from Hawaiian Airlines :

Aloha , thank you for your suggestion. We'll be sure to share it with our appropriate team. Mahalo.

It would be nice to see Hawaiian Airlines in Birmingham flying to Honolulu and USA.- Lets see if the appropriate team take my suggestion seriously.

That is what I like, out of the box thinking. Hawaiian to JFK & LAX then on to wherever. Would Luton or Leeds consider such an arrangement? Anything across the pond has to be a winner in the current gloom.

Hawaiian Airlines are scheduled to get some 787-9 aircraft from 2022, which would have the range to fly from Hawaii to most of Europe non-stop.

Strongly suspect the only Birmingham on Hawaiian Airlines' radar is the one in Alabama though!

There's probably only enough demand for a non-stop flight for Hawaiian to serve 1 or 2 destinations in Europe - highly doubt BHX would even make it into the top 20.

Whilst more long haul routes are certainly welcome, as long as load factors to the likes of Alicante are less than 50%, any new long haul route is off the table - IMHO it'll be closer to 2030 than 2020 before BHX see's any new long haul routes.

I have contacted Saudi Arabian Carriers and received correspondence from FLY A DEAL : Hi for now we only have a domestic flight
Saudia:
I telephoned and they say at present they are marketing Heathrow and Manchester- I also contacted Flynas and Saudi-GULF airlines (this is not Gulf Air - who tell me on telephone Bahrain Office they have a-lot of interest in Birmingham UK ) i await correspondence from Flynas and Saudi-GULF airlines. Nesma Airlines - just said thank you for reaching out suggestion.

It true Muslim Umma want Jeddah flights from Birmingham the mosque in Golden Hillock Road told me demand is high.
Also i am trying to encourage flights to Tel-Aviv - I have contacted El-Al and Israir (say thank you for contacting them) I think Israir is best choice for Birmingham International Airport- EL AL have too many hubs in UK let see what happens i also told Israeli Tourism Board to put pressure on EL AL to start Birmingham UK.

Let see what happens next we need Birmingham International to survive lock down and attract new routes.

I am feeling much better now thank you; had Covid - May GOD PROTECT US ALL.

Now with airline information Air Vistara have corresponded and noted my suggestion about Birmingham International Airport - I do hope they will come Birmingham demand is high to Central Asia and India.

Greetings from Vistara.
We understand your situation.
In a short period, we have rapidly expanded our footprint, both in terms of network and service proposition. New routes and destinations are planned actively, while continuously expanding our network. We are grateful for your inputs on new potential routes to serve, and have forwarded your recommendation to the concerned department.
Please visit our website www.airvistara.com or call our 24*7 helpdesk number +91 9289228888 to stay notified about our new and upcoming destinations.
Thank you for writing to us. We look forward to welcoming you on-board soon.

I am feeling much better now thank you; had Covid - May GOD PROTECT US ALL.

Now with airline information Air Vistara have corresponded and noted my suggestion about Birmingham International Airport - I do hope they will come Birmingham demand is high to Central Asia and India.

Greetings from Vistara.
We understand your situation.
In a short period, we have rapidly expanded our footprint, both in terms of network and service proposition. New routes and destinations are planned actively, while continuously expanding our network. We are grateful for your inputs on new potential routes to serve, and have forwarded your recommendation to the concerned department.
Please visit our website www.airvistara.com or call our 24*7 helpdesk number +91 9289228888 to stay notified about our new and upcoming destinations.
Thank you for writing to us. We look forward to welcoming you on-board soon.
Very good news that you are now feeling better, KJAY.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock