These are only slot requests.Airlines sometimes use such to either just get better deals out of current airports they already operated from.Or better deals out of airports they want to start operating from.
Last winter Kuwait Air put in for over 100 slots out of BHX.
They then announced Manchester instead and removed their Birmingham slots the same week.
So Saudia may be keen to start out of BHX ,or it could just be postering to get better deals out of Manchester or Heathrow.
We should know in the coming weeks which it is..
So Saudia would bring there 787-9 or 777 depending on how capacity gets on.

Pia have released there B77W tonight.When would we expect them to come back depending on licensing in the uk.

Turkmenistan are very quiet.Only do local and eastern Asian flights.When would they be allowed to come back in Europe?

Austrian airlines.Since they terminated flights we have had no updates from them.When would be expected to return flights to the second city.

Aer Lingus-cork,Shannon to Birmingham-Stopped due to covid restrictions and lockdowns.Is there interest from them?

Air India-Are we expecting an announcement from them to increase capacity or frequency to bhx from India?.Are we looking at flights from Mumbai? -I seen a post that said that they were doing a 4 weekly service from Amritsar which was completely utterly useless

Qatar-Want to get flights back to 100% hopefully an announcement in the coming weeks and days?

Air India-Are we expecting an announcement from them to increase capacity or frequency to bhx from India?.Are we looking at flights from Mumbai? -I seen a post that said that they were doing a 4 weekly service from Amritsar which was completely utterly useless

They currently fly 3x weekly Delhi and 3x weekly Amritsar so that is pretty useful. Interestingly if you look at flights to India from BHX, Air India offer a range of connections through both DEL and ATQ.

I do know however that BHX are talking to AI about other routes, BOM being the obvious one with Andy Street doing a trade mission to Mumbai in Nov

They currently fly 3x weekly Delhi and 3x weekly Amritsar so that is pretty useful. Interestingly if you look at flights to India from BHX, Air India offer a range of connections through both DEL and ATQ.

I do know however that BHX are talking to AI about other routes, BOM being the obvious one with Andy Street doing a trade mission to Mumbai in Nov
Looks like AI have removed ACL slots for MAN, so hopefully they will add the capacity at BHX

So Saudia would bring there 787-9 or 777 depending on how capacity gets on.

Pia have released there B77W tonight.When would we expect them to come back depending on licensing in the uk.

Turkmenistan are very quiet.Only do local and eastern Asian flights.When would they be allowed to come back in Europe?

Austrian airlines.Since they terminated flights we have had no updates from them.When would be expected to return flights to the second city.

Aer Lingus-cork,Shannon to Birmingham-Stopped due to covid restrictions and lockdowns.Is there interest from them?

Qatar-Want to get flights back to 100% hopefully an announcement in the coming weeks and days?
Qatar are still on a 50/50 situation. One point they want to return but then they don't and think there's no demand left.

Qatar are still on a 50/50 situation. One point they want to return but then they don't and think there's no demand left.
Qatar still has 2 daily slots at BHX, i can see them using Boeing 787-8s . I am not sure why they haven't restarted yet but I am glad they have not just forgotten returning. I also hope Saudi will also starts & I heard Air Inida might ramp up ops at BHX with 1 Daily Delhl.

Qatar still has 2 daily slots at BHX, i can see them using Boeing 787-8s . I am not sure why they haven't restarted yet but I am glad they have not just forgotten returning. I also hope Saudi will also starts & I heard Air Inida might ramp up ops at BHX with 1 Daily Delhl.
Saudi is likely, air India removed their slots from Manchester which may indicate a frequency increase to BHX

I mean I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but i would be very shocked an airline as experienced as Qatar would submit double-daily slots for a route they dont even know if there is demand for...

Also, with 2x daily A380s by EK, 1x daily Qatar and plus Air India, Turkish and Turkmenistan all operating in 2019, if their was market then, i dont know where they think the market will have done now....???

Just my 2 Cent though...

I mean I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but i would be very shocked an airline as experienced as Qatar would submit double-daily slots for a route they dont even know if there is demand for...

Also, with 2x daily A380s by EK, 1x daily Qatar and plus Air India, Turkish and Turkmenistan all operating in 2019, if their was market then, i dont know where they think the market will have done now....???

Just my 2 Cent though...
I don't think the passenger numbers have fully recovered at any uk airport since Covid. I think might take a few more years but to see airlines still interested in BHX is still a good sign even with QR 2 daily slots they can still start up 5 weekly if they really wanted to test the waters. The A380 coming back & Air India adding more flights plus Turkish sending an A330 for Pakistan demand. It will be slow but and only wait to see what happens next.

I don't think the passenger numbers have fully recovered at any uk airport since Covid.
Dunno you know. That 380 that diverted in had 580 people on it. That’s pretty close to max.

Three a day to Manchester, six a day to Heathrow alone. I’d say passenger numbers for Emirates at least are well back into the figures from before covid.

I know there was more to your post, I was looking at your first sentence.

I don't think the passenger numbers have fully recovered at any uk airport since Covid. I think might take a few more years but to see airlines still interested in BHX is still a good sign even with QR 2 daily slots they can still start up 5 weekly if they really wanted to test the waters. The A380 coming back & Air India adding more flights plus Turkish sending an A330 for Pakistan demand. It will be slow but and only wait to see what happens next.
I dont dissagree and with the growing cost of living crisis suppressing the market further, i agree it may take another year or 2 for pax levels to get back to 2019 levels...

But airlines create demand as well as meet demand. For any airline that was at BHX pre 2019 to wait until the airport gets back to 2019 pax levels before returning, that means they will have lost the market as those pax will have returned without them and are therefore using their competitor.

BHX Pax levels are on an upward trend and proven by the return and growth of airlines that has already returned. The fact we are not yet back at 2019 levels and pax level continue to grow towards that figure mean demand still exists and is yet to be satisfied. If Qatar is going to return, then they will need to do so soon before that market is taken up by the likes of Emirates and Turkish etc....

I dont dissagree and with the growing cost of living crisis suppressing the market further, i agree it may take another year or 2 for pax levels to get back to 2019 levels...

But airlines create demand as well as meet demand. For any airline that was at BHX pre 2019 to wait until the airport gets back to 2019 pax levels before returning, that means they will have lost the market as those pax will have returned without them and are therefore using their competitor.

BHX Pax levels are on an upward trend and proven by the return and growth of airlines that has already returned. The fact we are not yet back at 2019 levels and pax level continue to grow towards that figure mean demand still exists and is yet to be satisfied. If Qatar is going to return, then they will need to do so soon before that market is taken up by the likes of Emirates and Turkish etc....
It is worth pointing unlike other airport BHX's best year was 2017 not 2019, we were unlucky to loose Monarch and then FlyBe both of which had their largest bases at BHX.
So BHX has a lot to do to clawback these pax but doing a good job with easyjet, Ryanair and Jet2 as well as Flybe2

It is worth pointing unlike other airport BHX's best year was 2017 not 2019, we were unlucky to loose Monarch and then FlyBe both of which had their largest bases at BHX.
So BHX has a lot to do to clawback these pax but doing a good job with easyjet, Ryanair and Jet2 as well as Flybe2
I see emirates took advantage with the Air traffic control centre and displayed their name on it instead

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock