The 1st nail in the Primera bhx coffin I think.

Not really the first nail they have already put several in by canceling Boston, reducing and canceling some JFK as well as messing around with some of the Mediterranean routes and now put on an aircraft that seems to breakdown every other day. Appears the coffin is well on its way to completion.

Hope to be proven wrong.

Actually i would say they have lots of competition.

I really dont think people are all that bothered if they fly from BHX to New York or Toronto, all they wanna do is fly to New York or Toronto and you can do this with lots of flights available from MAN. People are so used to having to fly from MAN/LHR it is the norm, if they fly from BHX its a bonus but its not going to change there lives massively.
I would also consider Aer Lingus competition from BHX and without the hassle of flying direct from BHX and waiting in a queue for 2 hours for border control in the USA.

Living south of Bham I don't want to travel either to Manchester or Heathrow for a transatlantic flight if there was a similar-costed flight from BHX and no worse aircraft than provided elsewhere. Indeed I was looking forward to a Primera flight to Boston! The Aer Lingus option would be better for me but even better would be that transport to our airport was improved dramatically for us all so that the option choice would be simple!

Maybe i will still visit BHX next friday, after all i do love a good old 757. (Weather permitting)

However my head is all over the place when it comes to Primera Air :unsure:

I've been reading some reviews of Primera and whilst the vast majority of them are scathing, there are some very positive ones about the new A321's.

In between the let downs, cancelled flights, hours on hold to a call centre only to be cut off, no replies to emails, subbed aircraft going tech, stranded pax, ruined holidays etc.......it seems that the new aircraft are actually pretty decent and the service on board appears to be good too.

I'm probably clutching at straws here but I hope that they can weather the storm and once the new A321's are in full swing people will actually start being impressed.

That or I'm still feeling the effects of last nights vino :hungover:

I've been reading some reviews of Primera and whilst the vast majority of them are scathing, there are some very positive ones about the new A321's.

In between the let downs, cancelled flights, hours on hold to a call centre only to be cut off, no replies to emails, subbed aircraft going tech, stranded pax, ruined holidays etc.......it seems that the new aircraft are actually pretty decent and the service on board appears to be good too.

I'm probably clutching at straws here but I hope that they can weather the storm and once the new A321's are in full swing people will actually start being impressed.

That or I'm still feeling the effects of last nights vino :hungover:
Very similar reviews to WOW over recent years yet they seem to march on obliviously.

Birmingham based Cello Aviation will be operating some of the Malaga & Palma Primera flights in May on B733 G-MISG

The aircraft is due to position in from Dublin Sunday evening as PF9933

@GliderPilot I haven't seen any Primera wheels on the ground if anything its a complete farce how can the fire service give a water salute to an airline thats not in Primera colours or their aircraft they have made a mockery of us so far

Yes @Sam1988 I really don’t get your point?!

There is a fully branded Primera flight on the deck at BHX! I’m also unsure as to why you feel that a) Primera have made a mockery of BHX not b) that BHX is somehow better than Primera?!

full
Here you go.

Now we've seen some Primera wheels on the ground at BHX hopefully this forum can return to its previous optimism surrounding the airline. Surely it can only get better from here.

It's going to take quite a bit before I'd even consider giving them my money but I do hope that they can turn things around. As pointed out before, people have short memories these days and if the price is right they will come back.

An update of the winter schedule and a hint of S19 would be nice.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock