The Jet2 view is they can successfully weather the virus storm. Although Summer bookings are down from February onwards (only to be expected), Winter bookings are on target whilst the Summer 2021 schedule has already been released to steal a march on their competitors. There’s no doubt difficult times are ahead and are going to get worse before they get better, leading to further cancellations and consolidation of flights as passenger numbers fall, but due to their careful and prudent expansion and the success that brought in 2019 they have cash in the bank to fall back on if need be, unlike many other airlines and tour operators.

Better than the curse of the MAX
You have to go for the business that was TCX otherwise you will lose it to your competitor and never get it

Looks like Jet2 have now Temporary suspended all flights to Cyprus due to the Corona Virus outbreak as the Cypriot authorities have now put in travel restrictions for all inbound tourists to the islands.

Larnaca = Route Suspended, Recommence 3x weekly (Wed, Fri, Sun) from April 5th
Paphos= Route Suspended, Recommences 4x weekly (Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun) from April 4th

Repatriation inbound flights will operate from Cyprus Paphos on Sunday, March 15th & Wednesday 18th

_20200313_142828.JPG

Last edited:
A.321 G-HLYA(ex G-TCDD) was ferried Ostrava - Shannon yesterday in all-white scheme
There was a change of plan obviously as the aircraft in question is just about to fly south of Leeds inbound to Manchester from Ostrava.
It is using its registration G-TCDD as call-sign

Another route suspended due to corona virus. Austria has now stopped all tourist entering the country.

Salzburg = Route Suspended, 1x weekly (SAT) is now stopped with immediate with No more flights this winter. Route restarts next winter.

Jet2 will operate 1x repatriation flight inbound from Salzburg tomorrow, Saturday April 14th.

Last edited:
The Maltese Government has just announced its introduced a 14 day compulsory self isolation period for all citizens arriving from the UK.

Malta Luqa = Route Suspended, Flights recommence 2x weekly (Wed & Sat) from May 6th.

Jet2 will operate 1x repatriation flight from Malta to Leeds on Saturday, Apil 13th 2020.

View attachment 16261

Saw in the paper a couple who have just arrived at their hotel in Malta ...
Have to stay in their hotel roomfor 2 weeks quaranteened..... once the isolation finished they can then fly back home!!! You couldn't make it up.

Saw in the paper a couple who have just arrived at their hotel in Malta ...
Have to stay in their hotel roomfor 2 weeks quaranteened..... once the isolation finished they can then fly back home!!! You couldn't make it up.

Corona virus or no Corona virus Malta have shot themselves in the foot with this one. Talk about an incentive to visit Malta when this is all over!!!

Poland has announced is to close it borders from Sunday, March 15th 2020, So i think its safe to say the next Jet2 route to be suspended from LBA and its UK bases will be its flights Krakow. Will update when confirmed.

Last edited:
Jet2 cutting capacity - Jethro's reporting the proposed Summer20 lease of A330-200 G-VYGK from Air Tanker has been cancelled.

Looks like all Jet2 flights en route to Spain have turned 180 and heading back to UK airports inc LBA. Some were over Northern Spain. No doubt further info will follow. Other airlines look unaffected.

Looks like all Jet2 flights en route to Spain have turned 180 and heading back to UK airports inc LBA. Some were over Northern Spain. No doubt further info will follow. Other airlines look unaffected.
G-JZHU(Channex 89EA) Glasgow - Alicante had reached cenral France, made a 180 and is now over the Lake District heading back to Glasgow

G-DRTN(Channex 271) is just being vectored onto ILS, runway 14(1000) returning to Leeds, having set off to Alicante and turining around over mid-France

Suspect Jet 2 think Costas will be in lockdown within 48 hrs and do not want their customers stranded.

Suspect Jet 2 think Costas will be in lockdown within 48 hrs and do not want their customers stranded.
Just checked radar and 2 flights currently returning to Manchester, 2 to East Midlands, 1 to Glasgow, 2 to Stansted

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock