Jet2.com

Advertisement

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Unbelieveable where the last 17 years have gone!

Happy Birthday to Yorkshire's own airline Jet2.com. Its 17 years ago today the first ever Jet2 flight #LS201 departed #LeedsBradford heading out to #Amsterdam operated by Boeing 737-300, G-CELS.

View attachment 16057
Happy Birthday.

Jet2 now a large employer within Leeds and the Yorkshire region supporting thousands and thousands of jobs. And the many many thousands of jobs supported around the UK and across the whole of Europe.

Come a long way, all down to the business acumen of Phillip Meeson. I bet the tui’s, XL airways, my travels, Thomas cooks and monarchs are all regretting now not taking the “new boy” seriously enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Len Fish

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Batley
Happy Birthday.

Jet2 now a large employer within Leeds and the Yorkshire region supporting thousands and thousands of jobs. And the many many thousands of jobs supported around the UK and across the whole of Europe.

Come a long way, all down to the business acumen of Phillip Meeson. I bet the tui’s, XL airways, my travels, Thomas cooks and monarchs are all regretting now not taking the “new boy” seriously enough.
Just goes to show the economic importance of aviation in terms of wealth and job creation, a fact the environmentalists conveniently ignore and to which they have no answer. Will be all the more important for supporters of the new LBA terminal and flying hours extension to continually bang this drum, hopefully with the backing of the new Government and their Northern Powerhouse agenda. AMP have gone all out to make the new terminal and airport carbon neutral (no doubt increasing the investment required) it’s now up to LCC to meet them half way and approve the plans. If they don’t then this will be a signal that they are happy to see Leeds and West Yorkshire left behind with all the economic consequences and job losses that will mean. That will be a shameful betrayal of their duty.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Unbelieveable where the last 17 years have gone!

Happy Birthday to Yorkshire's own airline Jet2.com. Its 17 years ago today the first ever Jet2 flight #LS201 departed #LeedsBradford heading out to #Amsterdam operated by Boeing 737-300, G-CELS.

View attachment 16057
I stood with PM and watched passenger board the first flight. It was a bold move and nobody could've predicted how they would grow.

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
I stood with PM and watched passenger board the first flight. It was a bold move and nobody could've predicted how they would grow.
I'm sure he kept his cards close to his chest. We seem to forget that they are successful to because of Steve Heapy who came in when they launched Jet2holidays. He was been very much part of the success and drive of the holidays side of the business and reason it has taken off so much. Together Steve Heapy and Phillip Meeson are a very good combination of business men who've grown Jet2.com into a machine of from the North.

White Heather

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
They are in the process of replacing all the baggage equipment at a cost of in excess of £1m, so it may have been a problem relating to those works, which I imagine are done overnight. Each time this happens LBA should ask the affected pax to sign a letter of support for the new terminal, as I am sure they would be glad to have one

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
It's the Jet2 baggage belts system that is being replaced
I thought the were replacing the whole lot of the baggage system, Check-in Halls A & B along with the Arrivals hall...

So I take its only the baggage system in the Temporary Tent or should I say "Permanent Tent" (Jet2 Check-In Hall B) that's being replaced?

Last edited:

Sherburnflyer92

Platinum Member
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
I thought the were replacing the whole lot of the baggage system, Check-in Halls A & B along with the Arrivals hall...

So I take its only the baggage system in the Temporary Tent or should I say "Permanent Tent" (Jet2 Check-In Hall B) that's being replaced?
It's a temporary tent whilst the belt for the permanent (temporary) tent is replaced. I suspect that the permanent (temporary) hall will extend into the temporary (temporary) tent which will become an extension of the permanent (temporary) tent. Riddle me that one. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom