Jet2.com

Advertisement

twevsmiff

Platinum Member
May 9, 2014
There are few scheduled flights so onl;y about 3 stands are required to be used by them, say Stands 6,7,8 and maybe 9
Aircraft from those stands can vacate the apron via B or C onto N taxiway then enter the runway and back track either way.

That leaves the rest of Novermber taixway, eastwards for parking. There is the whole of delta taxiway, the echo loop(although security wise this is not normally used). M taxiway(the continuation of N on the western side of the runway) has been used for parking too. I recall British Airways 1-11-500s parked there on some heavy diversion nights. Alpha taxiway from stand 9 eastwards is avialable too. So all in all there would be room to squeeze in around 40 aircraft I would suggest.

It would be quite interesting puzzle if all the avaiable space was full and the aircraft on stand 18 was needed :)

As yet there is no sign of an immediate influx for parking up and in fact if reports are correct 2 of the aircraft already here(G-CELY and G-LSAD) are due to depart for the final time some time today.

2016 Bones

May 26, 2016
Yorkshire
It’s been fantastic flying people back on repat flights the past few days, so many loyal customers all giving best wishes and routing for Jet2 to come back stronger!
And that we will!

We’ve been flying back our own package customers, flight only customers who have had extended stay’s cut short and also many many ex pats who have chosen to come back to the UK. We’ve also brought back many people who have had their flights cancelled by other airlines. (One couple telling me they purchased an FR ticket but they were 2 of 300 that had tickets on a 189 seater aircraft - Ryanair at its best - and unfortunately they arrived after the first 189 so we’re shown the exit door!!! )

With the exception of training flights and positioners, that’s it until May 1st at the very least and a date subject to change. The company have a very strong balance sheet, and have acted upon cancelling leases to protect our own interests. 2 330s cancelled, Air Europa, Titan, Hi Fly too. The owner was in the airport last week and told us we are now looking at all the opportunities that are going to present themselves to us (NAS airframes) and was very positive.

In the down time maintenance will be completed ahead of schedule and all in house too, saving on expensive external work.

As said previously LY & AD will go to Kemble this week.

Stay safe!
So will it be time for simulation time at Bradford?

paully

Premium Member
Subscriber
Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
When the history of Jet2 is written it will show that G-CELY and her sister ships were the very foundation that this company were built on. With them being robust and almost unbreakable, they forged a reputation for reliability, comfort and service that sound management were able to build on and bring them to the point where they are today. They are one of the best positioned companies to recover and with good news coming out of the Indian pharmaceutical industry today, lets hope they are back launching again soon.

SNOWMAN

Premium Member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2010
hi all
just wondering are there any more jet2 aircraft coming to LBA for storage or are we full,if there is still room i wonder if they have offered space to the likes of tui-BA-virgin etc.
regards to all
stay safe
sm

/

Seasider

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Finally got through to Jet2 today to change my cancelled holiday to October. When they start flying again, there will be some bargains to be had to fly the first week.

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Finally got through to Jet2 today to change my cancelled holiday to October. When they start flying again, there will be some bargains to be had to fly the first week.
And I for one will be flying out to Portugal for at least a month as soon as they commence.

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Jet2 have acquired a further Boeing 737-8AL-W, 2-TJFM (MSN 39067 & L/N 4602) It was ex Jet Airways, VT-JFM and will become G-DRTP. Its currently in storage over in Shannon and has been there since August 18th 2019.
Is it in the same condition as the last one which looked very tired.

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
What’s this all about. According to Jethros, the following are all showing as withdrawn from use and stored at LBA:

GDFB/GDFK/GDFM/GDFN/GDFO/GDFT/GDFV/DRTC/JZBL/JZBM/JZHC/JZHJ/JZHT/LSAJ

paully

Premium Member
Subscriber
Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
What’s this all about. According to Jethros, the following are all showing as withdrawn from use and stored at LBA:

GDFB/GDFK/GDFM/GDFN/GDFO/GDFT/GDFV/DRTC/JZBL/JZBM/JZHC/JZHJ/JZHT/LSAJ
It means what it says. Technically, Jet2 have ceased to operate, therefore their aircraft are all WFU until further notice. Don`t worry the axeman doesnt beckon that far..

Top Bottom