Jet2.com

Advertisement

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
'Various groups' mentioned in the previous post.
They don’t simply understand the economical arguments of aviation and then the tourist industry to countries. You cannot have a sensible, educated, articulated argument with them. That’s the issue. And sadly governments give them an ear. What we need is someone ruthlesss who will tell these people to, well you know, and then sort out the climate emergency after. After all the PPE is mostly plastic is it not? Kinda counter productive.

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
LBA covered it by expressing his sorrow, as I`, sure do the rest of us. However the profits made came before this virus and if they don`t take steps, ruthless to some, then they won`t have any damn company for the rest of them to come back to. I`m sure thats not want you want either.
So its ok for airlines to keep your hard earned money for their cash flow, are you serious? Lots of people can only afford 1 main (big) holiday a year so what do they do now?
Jet2 make good profits and have money in the bank which is common knowledge and its there to see on Companies House website.
The airlines know at lot people won’t want to travel this year so they have by them by the nuts.
Do the right thing and give people their money back and you know what, people will book with them again before the Ryanair's in future as they won’t forget things like this....or will they next year when MOL offers flights for £9.99?

paully

Premium Member
Subscriber
Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
So its ok for airlines to keep your hard earned money for their cash flow, are you serious? Lots of people can only afford 1 main (big) holiday a year so what do they do now?
Jet2 make good profits and have money in the bank which is common knowledge and its there to see on Companies House website.
The airlines know at lot people won’t want to travel this year so they have by them by the nuts.
Do the right thing and give people their money back and you know what, people will book with them again before the Ryanair's in future as they won’t forget things like this....or will they next year when MOL offers flights for £9.99?
Cross purposes here Offint..My quote was entirely referred to the decisions Jet2 made re laying off of temorary staff. Jet2 in fact are the only one who, right from the start, were refunding in cash. In fact I myself was the recipient of such a refund, no messing. They are also prepared to convert flight only to packages if thats what people want. You are quite correct though as soon as MoL throws out one of his `Mega Sales` all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Cross purposes here Offint..My quote was entirely referred to the decisions Jet2 made re laying off of temorary staff. Jet2 in fact are the only one who, right from the start, were refunding in cash. In fact I myself was the recipient of such a refund, no messing. They are also prepared to convert flight only to packages if thats what people want. You are quite correct though as soon as MoL throws out one of his `Mega Sales` all will be forgiven and forgotten.
Sorry misunderstood it...

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Business Insider just now.....

Dart Group, the listed company behind Jet2 and Jet2holidays, has raised about £172m through a placing to help deal with the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak.

About 29.8 million shares were placed at a price of 576.5 pence per share. The placing was said to have been "significantly oversubscribed".

The proceeds will be used to help provide sufficient liquidity to deal with the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak. The group has also recently received confirmation that it is eligible for up to £300m of funding under the Treasury and Bank of England's Covid Corporate Financing Facility.

Philip Meeson, executive chairman of Dart Group, said: "The board believes that the proceeds of the placing, together with the recently confirmed Bank of England £300m Covid Corporate Financing Facility (currently undrawn) and the group's fully drawn revolving credit facility of £100m, will provide the group with additional headroom to deal with this most challenging of trading environments.

"The board remains of the belief that once able to do so, our customers will be determined to enjoy the wonderful experience of a well-deserved Jet2 holiday and that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will continue to have a thriving future, taking millions of UK holidaymakers annually to the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities."

Canaccord Genuity acted as joint global co-ordinator, joint bookrunner and joint broker, and Barclays and HSBC acted as joint global co-ordinators and joint bookrunners.

Dart Group expects to report revenue of £3.75bn for the year ending 31 March 20120, up 19 per cent on the prior year, and pre-exceptional group profit before foreign exchange revaluation and taxation of between £265m and £270m, up by about 49 per cent.

Offint

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Booked to go to FAO 1st Nov and JET2 charged extra because we left the middle seat empty....only £10 each way but never heard of that one before...annoying as it probably wont be a full flight in November in anycase, if it is and somone books it do we get our £10 back....probably not.

paully

Premium Member
Subscriber
Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
Booked to go to FAO 1st Nov and JET2 charged extra because we left the middle seat empty....only £10 each way but never heard of that one before...annoying as it probably wont be a full flight in November in anycase, if it is and somone books it do we get our £10 back....probably not.
Always a gamble doing that though.......you might end up with a big fat sweaty slob with his/her own brand of BO..Gotta ask `Do I feel Lucky`?? :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom