What a disappointing depressing bit of news on all counts. Highest vaccination count in Europe yet strictest lockdown and unlocking measures going. There is no reason from 1st May we cannot travel.

Interesting to note however @AirBingley that on the investors relation Jet2 gave 3 indicative dates that flying resumption (22nd May, 16th July and Mid September). For the first one, May, they are only 5 days out from the 'planned' (loosely saying that as the Scientists will find something not to be happy with) date. I wonder how closely the Government and Jet2 are talking to one another?

Fully expecting Jet2 to cancel trips to the 17th May when holidays abroad appear to be allowed -well thats a £60 per person deposit back from Jet2!
The PM emphasised that all the 'road map' phases are data driven and not date driven. The various phases' dates are 'not before' and if the stats that will be reviewed prior to each phase suggest they should be delayed then it seems they will be, with a new unpleasant virus variant mentioned as one likely reason.

It's clearly not a wholly satisfactory situation in terms of airline planning and passenger booking but what is the alternative? Attitudes of overseas governments will obviously also play a part in getting international travel back up and running.

The PM emphasised that all the 'road map' phases are data driven and not date driven. The various phases' dates are 'not before' and if the stats that will be reviewed prior to each phase suggest they should be delayed then it seems they will be, with a new unpleasant virus variant mentioned as one likely reason.

It's clearly not a wholly satisfactory situation in terms of airline planning and passenger booking but what is the alternative? Attitudes of overseas governments will obviously also play a part in getting international travel back up and running.

I think by all accounts Greece are wanting to do a deal with the UK to ensure that there is freedom of movement between both countries regardless of if the passengers/customers/people have or have not been vaccinated.

The trouble with it been data driven is that it can be presented in totally different ways, even dare I suggest skewed, to get the point across. Therefore they can keep us locked up for longer then they should all because the data presented by the scientists has been prepared to scare. - look at the October/November data they did. Predicting millions of cases a day and deaths sky high. Based on wrong modelling and out of date data. I do not for one moment trust SAGE anymore.

The last 3x cancellations, the money has been returned within 48 hours - truly great service when this must be hurting them!

Well said Sherburnflyer92. The main problem with Sage is that there is no medical input into that organisation. It's all theory, with modellers, planners and computer people.

Well said Sherburnflyer92. The main problem with Sage is that there is no medical input into that organisation. It's all theory, with modellers, planners and computer people.
Isn't Chris Whitty a member of Sage? He's a medical doctor.

I'm not defending Sage nor attacking it because my knowledge is insufficient to do so. There has been a lot of criticism about its membership almost from the outset of the pandemic, with the Guardian newspaper particularly condemnatory.

huge surge in holiday bookings following last nights bojo covid announcement! according to the group that shall not be mentioned covid was the end of air travel! :LOL: on the fb benidorm page last night ive never seen as many saying there now going to book hols! im betting following jet2s excellent customer service this will now show with new bookings.

As for ryanair i had to contact customer service through the online chat robot system to try retrieve our two voucher codes as we have had so many flights cancelled and changed that we were completely lost as to what credit we have! Finally i was given the voucher codes and what credit we have which was surprisingly higher than expected, i did get the operator to confirm this so we shall see when we make the next bookings, but what a carry on with ryanair, talk about making it difficult, jet2 on the other hand are fantastic!

Interesting this morning that G-JZBG(Channex 301T) is crew training at Doncaster.
As Leeds is closed all day today, on checking this aircraft is out of Manchester.
Doncaster seems to be becoming a regular haunt for various airlines doing crew training, no doubt for to its location away from major built up areas. I played golf on a course alongside the airport last year and for the entire 4 hours I was on the course, a Ryanair 737 was doing circuits with touch and go landings. Jet2 use it regularly too and others.

Very little local opposition to the airfield operations there either !
I am sick of all our local representatives jumping on an anti Lba band wagon.
The Airfield Owners must wonder what they have got themselves involved in.

Well already had the refund notification from Jet 2 and a new nice touch - a Rain Cheque to use on a future booking - a £60 code like the one they give out on board - no wonder they keep their customers!
This is the first time we have had one of our flights cancelled. Time line reads.
Tuesday 23/2/21: J2 advised us by e-Mail we would receive a full refund
Wednesday 24/2/21: J2 provide breakdown of fares and extras involved and refund authorised.
Friday 25/2/21: Refund in full in my account.
I had absolutely no other contact with them.
If that is not World Class Quality of Customer Service then what is ? Brilliant.
I have written to them with thanks and congratulations and told them they may use my endorsement of this particular service as they see fit.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock