Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
I dont know what peoplec expect the government to do. If infection rates go up in a country beyond pre determined limits it would be foolish to do nothing. The government can't win, they get criticised for inaction, and they get criticised when they do act.

The infection rates haven't gone up. They are plateaued just like ours have. It's all on vaccine anyway; considering we've got a pretty good vaccination programme I don't see the problem anyway if infections do rise. When did we change to concentrating on "cases" which are highly false as it is? We should be focused on 3 things;
  • Deaths
  • Hospilsations
  • Vaccine Roll out.

If we are going by the governments policy more countries should be added to the green list. Which again makes this a political decision as they are not going on the criteria they set out. Lies again.

Just for information current FCO advice to Spain is:

"The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks"

So you can travel to the Canary Islands based on the FCO advise? But cannot based on Shapps list. Why is that? And which one do you trust? The people that have been doing it for years & years, or someone who shouldn't be looking at this and be concentrating on getting transport back onto it's knees in the country? I know which one is lying & which one I trust.

And finally - Germany has 100 countries added to its travel list? Why isn't ours similar? Nothing to do with Covid or infection. All to do with Politics with decisions been made by Tyrannical government.

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
Im not qualified to make judgements on matters such as this so I am guided by the government. If they say a country is amber then I accept it.

However.......i booked a holiday for November back in February before the current green, amber, red system. At that time advice was you could travel to the country as long as you self isolated on return. That countrys risk status hasnt changed but as its now on the amber list we are told we cant travel unless its essential- so thats annoying. Just hoping it all blows over or we wont be going.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
The actual practical implications of FCO advice only really relate potentially to coverage for your travel insurance - although there are companies which will cover you for travelling even for FCO all but essential travel destinations (Staysure, Battleface for example).

Other than that, you are free to leave the UK for any colour of country and for any reason - subject to entry at your destination and testing/self isolation when coming back to the UK.

If you want to go to an amber country, then just ensure you have your travel insurance sorted and go!

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
The fact is if they are looking at the same data which I presume they are. Then why is it different?

I would accept it; however we've been lied to repeatedly. We've got one of the best vaccine roll out going yet one of the most restrictive travel polices in place. Why?

Either this government believes the vaccines work and therefore we open up; or they lied (shock) and vaccines don't work (they do; Data indicates they do). It's all political and nothing else.

I wont accept it and neither should any of the travel. If we accept it; they'll be free to continue destroying a once thriving industry. All the while Germany opens up it's borders and it's airlines start to recover. What is different?

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
In my opinion what has happened today with portugal becoming an amber country i feel is the final nail in the coffin for air travel abroad this year. Todays news will probably tip the british public over the edge, if the uk government can change pretty much the one and only holiday destination from green to amber after just one month of lockdown easing then what else could they do, too much uncertainty and of course we have the virus itself, its not going away, wherever air travel opens up it spreads and is mutating, once again many points i raised at the start of the year sadly are occuring.
To all those who thought the jab would be our freedom! Haha

Last edited:

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
In my opinion what has happened today with portugal becoming an amber country i feel is the final nail in the coffin for air travel abroad this year. Todays news will probably tip the british public over the edge, if the uk government can change pretty much the one and only holiday destination from green to amber after just one month of lockdown easing then what else could they do, too much uncertainty and of course we have the virus itself, its not going away, wherever air travel opens up it spreads and is mutating, once again many points i raised at the start of the year sadly are occuring.
To all those who thought the jab would be our freedom! Haha

Not to detract but everything mutates. We've got a vaccine which does the job against every single mutation out there. Stop spreading that, quite frankly, BS.

As for your other point; I don't think travel will give up the fight. All it is doing is keeping people in the UK so they spend money in the UK economy. Pitty the absolute cretins don't realise money is spent in the UK economy before anyone goes overseas.

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
Not to detract but everything mutates. We've got a vaccine which does the job against every single mutation out there. Stop spreading that, quite frankly, BS.

As for your other point; I don't think travel will give up the fight. All it is doing is keeping people in the UK so they spend money in the UK economy. Pitty the absolute cretins don't realise money is spent in the UK economy before anyone goes overseas.
Viruses do mutate but overall do tend to get weaker, this is not, its clearly something else thats been created and not natural. Whatever peoples views on here what i can tell you is that it has come out of a Chinese lab, its made up of 4 enzymes one of which is made up of the most poisonous awful bits from bats. Anyway i think for me this year its just a case of work work work before the next lockdown haha

Seasider

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Why are people posting in the Jet2 thread when there is a specific thread for covid and its effects.
It isn't the politicians that is making my blood boil but it's people who are working to their own agenda and haven't the courtesy to post in the correct thread. I have always said that this is a friendly, informative forum but the LBA thread has taken been taken over (Jet2 in this case) and I think that it doesn't make anyone look good.
I read all the aviation threads on this forum and none have gone on about covid like this one. I want to read about aviation news, or history - not politics - I can go elsewhere for that.
Apparently another warning has gone out whilst I have been typing this, It will serve us right if the forum is suspended and you would have to go to another to make your point. I am sick, sick, sick to the back teeth of people taking over a thread.
There, I have had my say, I hope we can get to aviation discussion, pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

Concorde_LBA

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds
Yeah, I agree with that if the next review isn’t before the 24th then I don’t see them operating anywhere as all their destinations are currently amber.

I mean there’s 1 destination they could fly to and that is Iceland as they do fly there usually during the winter season, though they have plans to do year round flights from some bases. Maybe they could do a year round LBA route so it’s at least somewhere we can go.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Why can't they starts a few routes to Spain and Portugal too?

I know demand won't be as high due to the testing and self isolation required on return so perhaps it is only a few flights, but I am sure some will still want to book.

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
They will be flying from the 24th because currently all their routes are to amber countries, they are aware of that, its just that those who will be flying with them will need to quarantine upon rtn inc now portugal. My concern is will some of them destinations become red countries and how will the public react to the news today?

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net

I know demand won't be as high due to the testing and self isolation required on return so perhaps it is only a few flights, but I am sure some will still want to book.

Agreed they could take a leaf out of Ryanair's book and operate flight-only to a few of the amber list destinations . Surely demand for those who go away for a month at a time to there holiday or 2nd homes.

Concorde_LBA

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds

I think they should at a reduced schedule. Maybe to places like. BCN, PMI, ALC and maybe AGP. At maybe 2/3x weekly.

And to also add @lbaspotter people like me would have no issues with quarantining, as I have the time so if I could I would book with the Jet2 to somewhere like Spain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.