Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Whilst it is very interesting element to debate you have to consider that they are primarily a tour operator these days. And because of this I would suspect they'll find it hard to compete with the likes of Ryanair on the seat only market without the subsidy/profit & cost sharing of the holidays arm.

As for extension of not flying etc; I cannot find it and it is infuriating. I'll carry on looking and post if I do come across it. But there was a statement put out at some point either very early this year or late on last year which basically within it give 3 indicative dates of operations commencing.

One was May, One was July and the other September. As rightly pointed out; I suspect Mid July will be the next thing to come out of the airline. I expect that to be called tomorrow.

But you cannot go on holiday to an amber country as it is essential travel only !

I was always under the impression you can with extra rules stipulated. If you cannot visit an amber country it's red and green only and therefore it's not a traffic light system. It's a two colour flag.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Of course you can go to amber country, or even a red one even if you wish, and it can be for any reason - there is no legal prohibition on leaving the UK now. I noted this a few posts up, the FCO advice for all but essential travel has no impact other than potential travel insurance cover - but this can easily be sorted.

Len Fish

Jun 5, 2017
Batley

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Steve Heapy has said this evening that Jet 2 will not restart to any amber destinations which makes sense to me.

To whom has he said this too? Which press? I googled and cannot find it at the moment.

It makes perfect sense. Given that I think you cannot sell package holidays to amber listed countries. Also coupled with the fact even if the DFT give you a green light; FCO advice against such travel to the destination makes it harder for travellers to get insurance.

Last edited:

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
If they aint flying to any amber countries then as i predicted this year is a right off! The many customers i meet every day simply have no idea whether they can fly to amber countries or not, no idea where or when to get the pcr test from when abroad and many are cancelling and remaining in the uk due to the ridiculous quarantine upon rtn to uk.
I thought this country was bonkers enough but the last two years is a whole new level!

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Jet2 have increased capacity on the 3+ weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat) Leeds/Bradford - Jersey route from June 24th up until July 31st by swapping the planned Boeing 737-300 to the larger Boeing 737-800 operation.

The thing is; and it's not exactly a secret; can the 737-800 operate into and out of there comfortably? With a full 189? I know that it says it can on paper but reality is two different things. The A320 can. I believe it is similar to Gibraltar.

If they can good look to them and good for us let's be honest for the airport. Three full 189's a week is 1134 passengers through the terminal a week.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
The thing is; and it's not exactly a secret; can the 737-800 operate into and out of there comfortably? With a full 189? I know that it says it can on paper but reality is two different things. The A320 can. I believe it is similar to Gibraltar.

I'm sure Jet2's new Boeing 737-8MG aircraft have the "Short field performance package" (SFP) installed? That should help

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.