Putting here as J2 is a Leeds based company after all...

Diversifying this winter to have a seasonal LGW base. Charter / Ski & Lapland flights by the looks with up to 3 aircraft (800's) required at times.

List of loaded routes posted in the LGW forum.

With BA also announcing it is pulling the plug on LGW short haul, I cant help but wonder if this winter dalliance may blossom. I am sure LGW management will be hoping so and a huge chunk of the routes BA are exiting from are Jet2 staples.

Good to see them securing extra market capacity as we enter the winter.

Good to see them flying and expanding winter operations. Charters are a safe option. I wouldn’t call it diversifying in terms of entering LGW - simply going where the charter wants them. Probably replacing the TC work.

What I will say is that list doesn’t give the dates and a little more experience and knowledge is needed. Some of this comes from the forum and reportings.

All Lapland will operate to Xmas or just before.
Ski from end of Lapland to end of Ski season.
FCO - Jet2 operate a programme for six nations. No secret - look at flight radar in February/March and you see chunk of fleet heading from all sorts points of the country to FCO.
BGO - unsure what that is.

In winter 19/20 they operate from DUB a series of charters.

Good news for them entering a contract and operating with minimal risk. Jet2 continue to strive. I wonder if on down days they’ll Chuck a cheeky Tenerife rotation twice a week to make a bit of money.

JZHD (EXS198) Ibiza - LBA has diverted to Mahon for some unknown reason. Now on the ground at MAH. It left IBZ nearly an hour late and it was due at LBA at 3.15pm. All according to FR24. Any ideas?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock