CM.

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds
Jet2 have added more flights to Tenerife South from LBA. There’s now 2 flights a day to Tenerife on Fridays and Saturdays.

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
I think we all just need to calm down a little with this Winter 22/23 programme stuff.

We know the airport is undergoing, or wanting to anyway, a major change. We've all seen the plans and know that the potential site is down at the other end of the airport which accommodates a number of stands - usually occupied by Jet2 overnight and in winter for longer periods of time. We all know Jet2 pride themselves also on customer service something they've won many awards for and continue to do so. With that in mind it should be the conclusion that:

a) We are waiting on LBA Terminal approval from Gove.
b) The plans, timescales etc from the airport/building company - when will x stands be shut off? Where else will Jet2 be able to accommodate aircraft?
c) The plans, timescales etc from the airport/building company if (a) is not approved. We revert back to old plans regardless and that will disrupt customer experience for anyone using LBA who in turn are likely to be using Jet2. Therefore what time is the work likely to take place, which areas departures? Arrivals? Do you schedule loads of Winter Canary Island flights to arrive back bang in the middle of peak building work for the arrivals part? Likewise do you schedule loads of departures in the middle of building works for departures? Bare in mind Arrivals is a little easier to manage as it's tops +1 hour from arrival to driving away from airport, where as departures are anything from -3 hours.
d) @airforced I very much doubt Jet2 would walk away from a profitable base and a base in which they have earnt the lions share of the leisure markets. I will be happily wrong but I think this is points (a), (b) and (c) coming to fruition. Both parties waiting along with Ryanair also.

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
@CM. good news.

From what I can see:

22/29 OCT - LS243 08:15/12:50 13:40/18:20
23/30 OCT - LS243 14:05/18:40 19:30/00:10

Proof that Winter 22/23 is more to do with the terminal plans than the airport/airline relationship. Clearly things are picking up after easing of restrictions.

Winter 21/22 there is also two Tenerife flights Friday/Saturday throughout November and December. Probably still waiting on response for the first 3 months of 2022.

Ap1995

Feb 27, 2011
think to bare in mind, Jet2 at one point had split terminal operations at MAN, now that is definitely not customer friendly, at least we can get them all squeezed into the same terminal..

Len Fish

Jun 5, 2017
Batley
Hopefully after COP26 and any fallout from it has settled we’ll find out one way or another about the terminal. At least then the airport can move forward and plan accordingly together with the airlines for the future. Being in limbo like this does no one any favours and if we feel frustrated as observers and users what must it be like for those who run LBA and work there?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Not sure why aviation / UK aviation always gets the brunt of it, other industries are much worse.. very frustrating
Because it's an easy target and considered a luxury not a necessity by many and isn't much of a vote loser.
Imagine if the government told people to stop eating meat, there'd be uproar. Not so much with flying.

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
It's the easy target for an incompetent government. Thats why @Ap1995. It's also easier to target other industries than tackle the real problem - China.

The real problem is IT. So whilst these people lecture us about our footprint, they are doing it with an iPhone. Which requires far more power to power all the servers than going on holiday. Don't be fooled.

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
It's the easy target for an incompetent government. Thats why @Ap1995. It's also easier to target other industries than tackle the real problem - China.

The real problem is IT. So whilst these people lecture us about our footprint, they are doing it with an iPhone. Which requires far more power to power all the servers than going on holiday. Don't be fooled.
I dont consider the government incompetent, but that aside I think we would find the Labour Party (if in power) would be much more environmentalist in their approach.

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
@LBAYORKIE it really doesn’t matter who’s in power, the climate change agenda all that goes with it, will be pushed to top of the list. Interestingly, some may disagree, but Alex Sobel has a very interesting and good idea for taxation on flights. Basically it increases the more you fly. Initially it’s free … no tax. So it’s kinda a win win.

Whatever happens we know COP26 will be used to whip aviation. Steve Heapy has said it himself.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.