We are about to go into the leanest times once everyone is back from Xma/new year etc, so there may be more flights shared & I suspect even a few cancellations to be announced

This is good news however we have to be careful of the wording with companies. A "surge" may represent maybe 2000 extra customers booked for holidays as opposed to yesterday - it could actually mean just that. A surge and a lot of customers have booked.

None the less it's very good news regardless and very welcoming from the native Yorkshire airline.

I hope not, I am due to go to LPA for 3 days at the end of the month.
Up to yesterday, I thought I would have to cancel. I would be extremely dissapointed if they changed again.

Remember
Just go @Seasider! The only thing that will happen is another (sc)(v)ariant coming along. Boris knows that 100+ of his MP's have had enough, the mood of the country is we've had enough so I dont think @LBA4EVER predictions are correct at this stage.
Remember though its not just our government, its also the government of the country your flying to as well.

Jet2 are currently restricting the flights for seat only passengers for next summer, to certain days. The more popular are the weekend flights and they are showing `package` only..OK so they are intent on protecting seats for the holiday business, I get that but its annoying many of their regular pax..Anyone heard when/if they intend to open all seats to all fare paying customers?....Ryanair must be loving it

Jet2 are currently restricting the flights for seat only passengers for next summer, to certain days. The more popular are the weekend flights and they are showing `package` only..OK so they are intent on protecting seats for the holiday business, I get that but its annoying many of their regular pax..Anyone heard when/if they intend to open all seats to all fare paying customers?....Ryanair must be loving it
This was hinted at some time ago so has been on the cards for a bit now. They usually know what they are doing and I commented at the time on the lines that they were moving away from seat only towards the package market. I suppose it depends on how far they go with the sort of move as to whether they will still retain their seat only pax or lose them to other operators/airports. Sad day for many if they go too far with this and could prove costly in the long term for Jet2 if it backfires.

This was hinted at some time ago so has been on the cards for a bit now. They usually know what they are doing and I commented at the time on the lines that they were moving away from seat only towards the package market. I suppose it depends on how far they go with the sort of move as to whether they will still retain their seat only pax or lose them to other operators/airports. Sad day for many if they go too far with this and could prove costly in the long term for Jet2 if it backfires.
Thanks for that Airforced and to the others agreeing with my post. We have accomodation pre booked in FUE in September but starting and finishing on a weekend.Jet2 from Leeds would have been first choice, but they`ve made it not even any choice now. The alternative is Ryanair from Liverpool and back to Manchester. We were looking at back to Donny with Wizz but, as usual and unsuprisingly, they pulled the flights. I just hope Jet2 have a change of heart soon.

Maybe the new start up airline Yorkshire airways with their chief pilot ‍✈️ sir boycott could accommodate
Just a thought

Won’t get off the ground as he will “bail” at the 1st opportunity and will be “stumped” on how to progress.bso it’s “over” before it’s started. On a serious note though, yes I agree Jet2 usually make good business decisions but always a risk moving away from what has served you well to get where you are today. If sales are good then they may just stick with it. As you say, time will tell

There is a counter way of looking at this.

1) Maybe, after 18 months in this mess that can easily be solved, Jet2 found it difficult to move peoples bookings from 2020 to 2021 as a number of amount of seats were sold direct to Jet2.com therefore some customers didn't get there preferred date etc. Coupled with the money they would get if those seats were sold as a package holiday. Also on that, 2021 wasn't very successful until the very late summer, with customers probably, some at least, choosing to move there 2020 holiday to 2022. Making them Jet2holidays only makes it easier to do this and make that extra revenue.

2) Could this be for a limited period only? (E.G. Peak booking). Sell a % of seats are really good revenue, making the return, then putting the rest up for grabs for any customers - Jet2holidays or Jet2.

3) Maybe the whole company has taken the view that it is easier to have "Jet2holidays" only flights, particular when you've got a number of flights a day - it moves customers away from different flights and therefore makes it easier to arrange once they get to the destination in terms of transport etc. Therefore reducing the costs on the business by having a number of Jet2holiday only flights. Yes those customers could get on a shared Jet2.com direct flight however the amount doing that would be less given the options for Jet2holidays are more; could be cheaper.

4) See end of point 1 and point 2.

My two cents. Whatever the decision process is I am hoping that by 2023 they are back to the Jet2 we know. Pick your flight, your day, and where not bothered if Jet2.com or Jet2holidays. Either way your a customer and we win in the end.

Last edited:
Time for easyJet to come and do flight only again then.
I too rely on seat only to Menorca and can only book my accommodation to start on certain days, so if those are Package Only days, I am out if options from LBA as Ryanair dont fly to Mahon.
Jet2 built their success in seat only and I think it's a risky strategy turning seat only customers into second rate customers who are only allowed to fly some routes on certain days. If the demand is there, then they need to increase their flights to cater for both package tours and seat only.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock