Looking at 2018 vs 2019, the timetables for peak-summer 2019 seem to show that Jet2 will base the following aircraft at LBA (not including standby aircraft):

737-300 - 5x based Mon-Fri with 6x operating on Sat & Sun (+1 on 2018)

737-800 - 5x based Mon-Wed with 6x operating Thu-Sun (+1 on 2018)

757-200 - 3x based Mon-Sun (-1 on 2018).

so are we up or down on weekly seat totals ?

Up.

One extra 737 300 is +148 seats and one extra 737 800 is +189. One less 757 is -228 seats, so a net gain of 109 seats if my sums are correct, and bearing in mind that is 109 seats each way, so 218 per round trip and with each aircraft doing 2 or 3 flights daily it equates to between 436 and 654 extra seats per day.

They are also both MAG airports so maybe incentivised to expand. Still growing at LBA but a little disappointing that we have the lowest growth of all airports. Hopefully this will be corrected once the new development is completed.

BHX is not a MAG airport, Jet2 benefitted from the demise of Monarch.
STN is a MAG airport and has seen very few holiday flights these last few years and I believe TUI and Thomas Cook have now withdrawn.

They are also both MAG airports so maybe incentivised to expand. Still growing at LBA but a little disappointing that we have the lowest growth of all airports. Hopefully this will be corrected once the new development is completed.
LBA had quite a few years with major growth from Jet2. It is hard to grow to the same level when you already have around 14 aircraft based and over 50 routes out of here. An odd few each year, or additional flights is all we can expect surely, bearing in mind Jet2 are not interested in new city or business routes. MAN's growth is also now very much reduced having also gone through major expansion in previous years. LBA needs other airlines to come in and develop more routes - we cannot continue to expect major expansion from Jet2 as they are running out of places to fly to from a 'bucket and spade' perspective.

“The ever growing STN base will take over our 2nd place whilst MAN remains the biggest base for now”. Seasider, I was referencing that Part of the quote for the MAG airport I am aware BHX is not owned by them.

Up.

One extra 737 300 is +148 seats and one extra 737 800 is +189. One less 757 is -228 seats, so a net gain of 109 seats if my sums are correct, and bearing in mind that is 109 seats each way, so 218 per round trip and with each aircraft doing 2 or 3 flights daily it equates to between 436 and 654 extra seats per day.

That’s correct the Titan 75 was 228 where as the standard Jet2 configuration is 235.

LBA had quite a few years with major growth from Jet2. It is hard to grow to the same level when you already have around 14 aircraft based and over 50 routes out of here. An odd few each year, or additional flights is all we can expect surely, bearing in mind Jet2 are not interested in new city or business routes. MAN's growth is also now very much reduced having also gone through major expansion in previous years. LBA needs other airlines to come in and develop more routes - we cannot continue to expect major expansion from Jet2 as they are running out of places to fly to from a 'bucket and spade' perspective.

LBA’s grown will come from changing 733’s to 738’s over the coming years... The Ramp is full so no more major growth unless this is addressed. I believe people at Jet2 over LBA! There have been meetings over the last couple of years about the issues yet still no extra concrete...

STN will overtake in 2019
BHX In 2020/2021.

Unbelievable really!!

:wtf:

Let's just be thankful that we don't have a heave reliance on the likes of FlyBe and Eastern. I bet the likes of EXE and SOU are quite worrioed at the moment. Ramp full... best 2 words I have seen printed this month. No space = no scope for extra based aircraft. Get the diggers in!!!!!!

Well lets just hope that this time, the Masterplan means what it says, with a series of apron extensions included, the first of which is due by a couple of years time from memory. The tiny part of me that is cynical led me to briefly consider that the loss of the TUi 737 was engineered to make room for the additional Jet2 737 300 and 800s - with the return of TUi in 2021, by which time the apron would be extended to create room. I wasn't sure that we had room to lose a 757 but gain two 737s this summer, and the loss of the Sunwing restores the equilibrium out on the apron - doesn't it? Time for my tablets now. :)

There is only a limited amount that can be done based on the topography as it is. If we had a flat and/or longer runway, more parking stands and the terminal facilities that are coming then I don't doubt Jet2, and other airlines for that matter, would be offering much more from LBA. So short of moving the whole airport, and not sure where to, or spending many many millions on land acquisition and land fill then

Why does it always have to be reactive rather than proactive at LBA! Other airports build for the future, Leeds builds for now and don’t even start me on the new arrivals building, 12 million wow it’ll be a cow shed!

Finger66 there’s so much room to build stands without landfill. Or at least there was last time I checked.

Jet2 are putting a/c where the facilities can cope. Believe me they would love to add more to LBA but they cannot because the airport facilities are a state and won’t be improved without further issues arising. Who do passengers blame when the aircraft cannot park on stand for 10-20 minutes then when it finally does there are no busses or ambilift. JET2!!

Most airports have issues but my goodness what a way to piss off your biggest player!

LBA has been reactive in respect of development for as long as I have been alive. The "let's wait until passengers have nowhere to sit but on the departure lounge floor" approach is simply going to dissuade further services and airlines.

And as I keep saying LBA787 if your biggest player leaves....you are stuffed but it wasn’t long ago on here I mentioned that and people were saying they wouldn’t leave as they have a lot to lose...and I said and still do say....never say never.....just say....just say they did we wouldn’t be much better than Donny.

Never say never but I’m afraid i cannot see it happening at the cost of a full base like LBA or EMA. DSA is a great airport but for me it’s catchment overlaps the fore mentioned airports too much and that’s why it’s struggled so far.

Maybe away based or w-patterns flights may come online. In the future DSA, HUY, NWI, EXT, LPL etc could all benefit from those operations.

Anyway speaking of DSA, I was there not long back and wow has that new Road from the motorway improved things... MD11 and 744 on the deck too a brilliant asset to the local area!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock