Advertisement

Jet2.com

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Xmas city break changes.

Jet2 have increased capacity on xmas city breaks flights from Leeds to Copenhagen & Cologne Bonn as aircraft type has changed from the Boeing 737-300 to the larger Boeing 737-800. Only the Nuremberg service remains operated by Boeing 737-300.

All flights to Vienna and Keflavik will also be operated by Boeing 737-800 whilst the Boeing 757-200 operates the New York charters.

Advertisement

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Just been looking for cheap flights to FAO for next year and they don’t exist anymore.
Jet2 on 23 May for 7 days is a staggering £575.00 seat only but Ryanair from MAN same dates is £335.00....those £70.00 return flights are a thing of the past to FAO now Jet2 have no competition on that route.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Just been looking for cheap flights to FAO for next year and they don’t exist anymore.
Jet2 on 23 May for 7 days is a staggering £575.00 seat only but Ryanair from MAN same dates is £335.00....those £70.00 return flights are a thing of the past to FAO now Jet2 have no competition on that route.
I'm guessing that Jet2 will know doubt prompt people to buy their packages instead of the flight only option.

paully

Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
you can fly long haul for those prices.. Jet2 are trying to steer ``seat onlys` towards their package holidays.Tui/Thomson have been doing that for years. The end of Friendly Low Fares!!

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
you can fly long haul for those prices.. Jet2 are trying to steer ``seat onlys` towards their package holidays.Tui/Thomson have been doing that for years. The end of Friendly Low Fares!!
Just shows how they have graduated towards that model.

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
And they will steer the flight only customers over the hill...like me. You don't mind paying £50.00 per passenger more from LBA but that week I have quoted its £240.00 per passenger more expensive.....utter madness.

louis_walton

Oct 10, 2018
Farsley
Jet2’s flights have always cost more than the package hoildays. But sometimes you just have to pay it for the practicality of using LBA.

White Heather

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
It is staggering £575 because the flight is probably almost fully booked. Jet2 flights have been on sale for months and months. If you want a lower fare, you have to book when they are first launched. Jet2 are no different to other carriers in this regard.

paully

Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
Not just next summer.Yesterday I got an e mail re their winter 20/21 fare and jollies...nothing like being well in advance. So I had a quick look for November 2021 LBA to FUE and it was eyewatering..Just shy of £200 each for the basic fare plus usual add ons..Didnt dare look at peak season. Back to France for us next year for a month, with our own car on the Portsmouth to St Malo route for a lot less money than that (tunnel with Tesco vouchers even cheaper)

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
It is staggering £575 because the flight is probably almost fully booked. Jet2 flights have been on sale for months and months. If you want a lower fare, you have to book when they are first launched. Jet2 are no different to other carriers in this regard.
OK WH point taken but the same day from MAN with Jet2 is £400.00....a full £175.00 per person cheaper, thats because they have Ryanair and Easy operating the same route. Our dates are flexible but trying to get a good price from Jet2 seems impossible unless we travel to MAN which I hate doing. You say book early, we are talking next May that's 8 months away which in the past has always been enough to get a good price.

Tarn Spotter

Nov 5, 2012
Have to agree, I booked all our 2020 Spanish trips as soon as bookings opened with Jet2, up to November next year. Dates are within a couple of days of this year as we have to be home for school holidays.
If I add up all six trips the cost next year is £89 cheaper then this year and as this year cheaper then 2018 by £8, all years include seat allocation, hold cases, cabin luggage fee etc, this year would have been greater then £8 as we only paid a cabin luggage fee for two trips in 2018.
I keep repeating that both Ryanair and Jet2 are selling seats basically less then cost, at last weeks AGM, Dart advised that costs are rising greater then seat price inflation a situation that cant continue.
In 1980 I was paying £150 return to Spain, today not far off, as more airlines fold, the remaining carriers will reduce seat capacity on routes to force up prices, Ryanair listed 6 european airlines that the hoped would fail this year, if they did not, as has happened, the 5 million seats that are removing from their schedule would have to double.
Therefore on the 19th, I expect even more route closures and base closures ( I accept some will open, but overall fewer in total), maximising school holidays (23rd May), will be the route to sting customers, expect an even greater difference between school holiday periods and non holiday periods.
Both Dart, Easyjet and Ryanair in the last three months have advised wage costs are rising, yesterday wage inflation in the u.k. at 3.8%, sterling under pressure against the dollar and euro the two currancies these airlines deal in, whilst a barrel of oil is 15% then a year ago, the pound weakening against the dollar has eaten in to this gain.
Sensible pricing will benefit all of us long term, the present model cant continue.

White Heather

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
Not just next summer.Yesterday I got an e mail re their winter 20/21 fare and jollies...nothing like being well in advance. So I had a quick look for November 2021 LBA to FUE and it was eyewatering..Just shy of £200 each for the basic fare plus usual add ons..Didnt dare look at peak season. Back to France for us next year for a month, with our own car on the Portsmouth to St Malo route for a lot less money than that (tunnel with Tesco vouchers even cheaper)
Well it is a 4 hour flight and I paid Jet2 over £1000 back in 2007 for 2 adults and 2 children to fly to Tenerife and back, so it was even more expensive then - and the flights were not peak season. Personally I think we have got so used to paying peanuts to fly, we take it as the norm now. It was a bubble that was always likely to burst eventually, with fares going back to where they were. Too many airlines have tried to operate based on these low fares with add ons and too many have failed.

Finger66

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
And paying peanuts is what has helped send the industry into turmoil and numerous high profile airline collapses. I am afraid that a sense of normality has to return to air fares for better profitable businesses. Supply and demand will dictate fares. If people are paying what Jet2 are charging why would they offer cheaper fares. Not necessarily what we want to hear as a consumer but definitely what the airline want.

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Looks like there’s going to be a lot of punters going to MAN...a family a 4 can save an absolute fortune for that 1.5 hour journey....more passenger figures going to go the wrong way for LBA.

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
And paying peanuts is what has helped send the industry into turmoil and numerous high profile airline collapses. I am afraid that a sense of normality has to return to air fares for better profitable businesses. Supply and demand will dictate fares. If people are paying what Jet2 are charging why would they offer cheaper fares. Not necessarily what we want to hear as a consumer but definitely what the airline want.
How much did Ryanair make last year? Thats right quite a lot of money.

Advertisement

Top Bottom