And MAN will probably loose TAP a flagship carrier! I know what you mean it just makes no sense at all. It really is beyond me whats happening at LBA , the sheer amount of new routes and airlines LBA is missing out on is totally unacceptable! The only MASSIVE news out of LBA is the amount of airlines,new routes going elsewhere! not happy! And whats going on with this new terminal???

Agree with you....North of England is getting less choice, said it before.

Its a shame we've missed out at LBA on any new routes by Jet2 for summer 2020. Especially on top of the impending loss of the Boeing 757 base.

LBA will remain a secondary base whilst Jet2 have bigger fish to fry at BHX, STN, and MAN.

"Jet2 we made our home in Yorkshire, but we love Lancashire, London & Birmingham more! "
On the wider front don’t forget the large number of jobs that Jet2 have created and continue to create in Leeds and Yorkshire by having their HQ operations here.

TAP are the biggest operator to Lisbon ex MAN with 14 flights weekly next summer and a totally different market
so don`t worry too much and Easyjet transfered from Liverpool because market from MAN is much stronger

Pretty sure it won't as they will be chasing different markets. TAP are after connections to North and South America and Africa.

Ive used TAP quite a few times MAN - LIS as well as EZY LPL-LIS ( until it got switched ) , both carriers are mainly carrying city break passengers from what I could see, very few transferring at Lisbon from TAP flight, and I was one who was transferring quite often.

It would be a shame to loose TAP however from over capacity.

TAP are the biggest operator to Lisbon ex MAN with 14 flights weekly next summer and a totally different market
so don`t worry too much and Easyjet transfered from Liverpool because market from MAN is much stronger

Its not, not for city break clients. Its the same, ( 90 LF ex LPL, thats as good as it gets ) Jet2 would have done v well from LBA also if passengers were given the choice. But they arent !

Didn`t mention citybreaks, just said TAP are biggest operator on Lisbon and LF doesn`t mean a thing it`s yield
which is what airlines rely on. Jet2 know where the money is and my bet is LBA will get the route next year
Easyjet said they moved over to Manchester because yield is better,

No I think it was so expensive as it was only booked 2 weeks prior to departure....half term.....short and curly’s comes to mind.
Well there you go then booking short notice whether package or separately is going to be expensive.

Didn`t mention citybreaks, just said TAP are biggest operator on Lisbon and LF doesn`t mean a thing it`s yield
which is what airlines rely on. Jet2 know where the money is and my bet is LBA will get the route next year
Easyjet said they moved over to Manchester because yield is better,

Not so...fares were eye watering dear from LPL-LIS , i know I paid for tickets, so thats just not true.

3 established airlines already operating MAN-LIS, now 4 with jet2 and yet LBA cannot even get a couple of jet2 LIS Flights! It dont work with me there is something very serious going on up at our little airport that needs to be sorted with immediate effect! Also if we can fill 5 flights a day to Belfast,4 a day to Dublin etc why not a very minor 2 a week to LIS as well as other destinations we are crying out for? LBA and the west Yorkshire region is so perfect for this with its large population

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock