After hiatus of around 4/5 years Jet2 recommenced Leeds - Krakrow route today operating 2x weekly (MON + FRI) using Boeing 737-800 equipment.

I wonder how good Jet2's passengers loading are seen as they are up against Ryanair whom operate a 4x weekly Leeds - Krakow service?

Promising:

Outbound 184
inbound 110

Near enough full outbound. Inbound obviously not the best but showing the UK centric catchment Jet2 have.

Over the next few weeks the loads will even out as the UK pax return.

:wtf:

I've just noticed that JZBI which did the LBA - AGP this morning has been swapped down route with the GLA - AGP aircraft JZHB. I wonder why they would do that? Both aircraft are if a similar age so this shouldn't have had anything to do with it. Both aircraft have been running from this mornings starting points for a while now so I'm puzzled. Anyone any ideas?

I've just noticed that JZBI which did the LBA - AGP this morning has been swapped down route with the GLA - AGP aircraft JZHB. I wonder why they would do that? Both aircraft are if a similar age so this shouldn't have had anything to do with it. Both aircraft have been running from this mornings starting points for a while now so I'm puzzled. Anyone any ideas?

It could be numerous reasons as the why they have done this. Even though the aircraft are still new they still require maintenance on a regular basis, of which HB might be in need of some maintenance work carried out, so the reason for the tail swap down route. It makes more economical sense for the airline to have the aircraft in revenue service and swap them down route, rather than position empty between LBA and GLA.

Another possible outcome could be an operation reason such as aircraft flying hours. With LBA being a busier base than GLA, the aircraft will generally be used more on a day to day basis, with the exception of a few days. So in order to keep the aircraft flying hours of BI low they have swapped it with HB.

With this all said it could be another reason which we don’t know of, I’m just trying to help you understand the reason behind it :)

Mr error, not that it makes much difference, the incoming AGP flight is JXHV not B as written originally. Thanks Brittania94. I hadn't thought of either but either is quite feasible. Interesting to see if either looks like the answer to my question.

Are you surprised given the increasing fleet size, bases and additional staff required to operate the airline. It’s a non story really as it’s quite obvious the larger you grow the more assesets and staff you will have that are non productive in the winter. As long as bookings for the summer remain strong the profits during that time will far outweigh the loses made in the winter.

:wtf:

The recent 30% fall in fuel prices will help the next 6 months, not seen by many analysts, mild winter so far, putting 2 billion barrels a week in to storage, future prices are well below the currant spot price, even my local Morrisons dropped forecourt prices this week.

The recent 30% fall in fuel prices will help the next 6 months, not seen by many analysts, mild winter so far, putting 2 billion barrels a week in to storage, future prices are well below the currant spot price, even my local Morrisons dropped forecourt prices this week.
Not necessarily going to help the airlines if they have already paid up front for their fuel, which many do to protect themselves from future increases. Doing so is always a gamble as they may not benefit from any reduction in prices - very like a fixed term mortgage. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

It looks like another of the original 737 300s is about to make its final journey, as there is one parked up on the top end of the Eastern Apron, now devoid of all markings. It has been there for a couple of days now, so will probably head off to Kemble or somewhere early next week.

That could well be CELX. She hasn't flown for days and I think she has been more or less on standby during her final fortnight with Jet2.

In that case, CELV can't be far behind. LV was one of the original batch, along with LS and LU, to be based at Leeds Bradford when Jet2 began. It's amazing she's got as far as she has.

LE and LY should be around for a while longer yet.

They’re a testament to the Boeing design and the excellent maintenance they have received during their lifetimes to keep them main stream operational for so long.

I have to say after having used Jet2 frequently since they started at LBA that even though they have been using old birds until recently the cabins have always been spotless and fresh looking and a credit to the Company. Maybe I have been fortunate too insomuch as I've never been hit by a reliabilty problem with one of those ancient airframes. They have served Jet2 very well and my hope is that the new 738's do just as well. The same goes for the 75's.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock