Jet2 start to further increase frequency, add capacity on routes from LBA next week along with 3 routes recommencing to Bergerac, Jersey & La Rochelle

Changes from week commencing May 20th
Alicante
= Increases from 12x to 16x weekly (2x daily Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri & 3x daily Sat,Sun)
Almeria = Remains 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Amsterdam = Remains 8x weekly (1x daily Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun & 2x daily Mon & Fri)
Antalya = Remains 4x weekly (Tue,Wed,Thu & Sat)
Barcelona = Remains 4x weekly (Mon,Thu,Fri & Sun)
Bergerac = Route Recommences 1x weekly May 25th (Sat)
Bodrum = Remains 1x weekly (Thu)
Budapest = Remains 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Corfu = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Mon,Tue &Thu)
Crete Chania = Remains 1x weekly (Sun)
Crete Heraklion = Increases from 2x to 4x weekly (Tue,Thu,Fri & Sun)
Dalaman = Increases from 3x to 4x weekly (Mon,Tue,Wed & Fri)
Dubrovnik = Remains 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Faro = Increases from 8x to 12x weekly (1x daily Tue,Wed & 2x daily Mon,Thu,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Fuerteventura = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Tue,Thu & Sat)
Girona = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Thu,Sat & Sun)
Las Palmas = Increases from 3x to 4x weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat & Sun)
Ibiza = Increases from 5x to 8x weekly (1x daily Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat & 2x daily Sun)
Izmir = remains 1x weekly (Wed)
Jersey = Route recommences May 23rd 3x weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Kefalonia = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Kos = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Tue,Fri & Sun)
Krakow = Remains 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
La Rochelle = Route recommences May 25th 1x weekly (Sat)
Arrecife = Remains 5x weekly with capacity increases (Mon,Thu,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Cyprus Larnaca = Increases from 3x to 4x weekly (Mon,Wed,Fri & Sun)
Funchal = Remains 1x weekly (Mon)
Palma de Mallorca = Increases from 9x to 14x weekly (1x daily Tue,Wed 2x daily Mon,Thu,Fri & 3x daily Sat & Sun)
Malaga = Increases from 11x to 14x weekly (2x daily Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Malta = Remains 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Mahon = Increases from 2x to 5x weekly (Mon,Tue,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Murcia Corvera = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Mon,Wed & Fri)
Naples = Remains 2x weekly (Wed & Sun)
Nice = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Mon,Fri & Sat)
Cyprus Paphos = Increases from 3x to 4x weekly (Mon,Wed,Fri & Sat)
Paris Cdg = Remains 4x weekly (Mon,Thu,Fri & Sun)
Pisa Florence = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat)
Prague = Remains 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Pula = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Wed & Sun)
Reus Barcelona = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Tue,Fri & Sat)
Rhodes = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Tue,Thu & Sat)
Rome Fiumicino = Remains 2x weekly with capacity increase (Thu & Sun)
Split = Increases from 1x to 3x weekly (Tue,Thu & Sat)
Tenerife South = Remains 6x weekly with further capacity increases (Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Thessaloniki = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Venice Marco Polo = Remains 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Verona = Remains 1x weekly (Wed)
Zante – Zakynthos = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)

Further changes from mid June & early July for PEAK SUMMER.
Alicante
= Increases from 16x to 18x weekly (2x daily Wed,Thu,Sat & 3x daily Mon,Tue,Fri,Sun)
Amsterdam = Reduced from 8x to 4x weekly (Mon,Thu,Fri & Sat)
Antalya = Increases from 4x to 5x weekly (1x daily Tue,Thu,Sat & 2x daily Wed)
Bergerac = Increases from 1x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat)
Crete Heraklion = Increases from 4x to 5x weekly (Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Dalaman = Increases from 4x to 5x weekly (Mon,Tue,Wed,Fri & Sun)
Faro = Increases from 12x to 14x weekly (1x daily Wed & 2x daily Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri,Sun & 3x daily Sat)
Ibiza = Increases from 8x to 9x weekly (1x daily Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sat & 2x daily Fri,Sun)
Kefalonia = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Mon,Fri & Sun)
Palma de Mallorca = Increases from 14x to 20x weekly (2x daily Tue & 3x daily Mon,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun
Mahon = Increases from 5x to 6x weekly (Mon,Tue,Wed,Fri,Sat & Sun)
Zante – Zakynthos = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly (Wed,Thu & Sat)

Last edited:
After just one season operating the service Jet2 have axed the Leeds/Bradford - Turin winter ski route. It was planned to be operated 1x weekly on Saturday again during the winter 2019/2020 season

For some reason it struggled in comparison to the other offerings. The margins on the whole ski operation are so tight anyway if the flights don’t sell well then they’re for the axe.

Cheaper to sit the a/c on the deck.

When you look at the rest of the airline industry at present (tui, tcx and others) we are so lucky to have our jet2 here at LBA. From their mass programme from lba to their attractive looking aircraft livery what they have done to LBA is incredible!
At the moment yes but Leeds can never be complacent with that as in the future it could be Jet2 that's the airline struggling.

At the moment yes but Leeds can never be complacent with that as in the future it could be Jet2 that's the airline struggling.

Quite right. However whilst Phillip Meeson is still Chairman, involved in some of the decision making processes, and still is accountable for the whole business (Dart Group) it will remain stable & growing. He could have bought Globespan/XL/Monarch - yet he didn't. He could still buy TC Short Haul yet won't touch it. He is very shrewd businessman.

The aspect of that story that stands out for me is the mention of Lufthansa and Air Canada. As far as I know, neither airline operate the 737 NG. In fact, I don't think Air Canada has ever been a 737 customer.

Perhaps a service bulletin needs to be issued to those airlines who DO actually operate the NG.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock